Gearbox have addressed several of the game's niggling issues in the first patch update for Borderlands, their recently released first person action role player. Here's the changelog:
- Characters that have lost skill points will have the lost points refunded
- Clients will no longer lose proficiency progress upon leaving a co-op game
- Item cards now display the intended five lines of detail text
- Lilith's Phase strike and melee attacks from Phase Walk now function as intended
- Voicechat: users can now control volume and individually mute players
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused CL4P-TP to stop progressing during the introduction
- Server browser population times have been improved
- Server information should now always display the correct plot mission
- Benchmarking feature now works as intended
- Nvidia 3D Vision visuals now render shadows correctly (requires minimum 195.28 drivers, available from nVidia
You can now download the v1.01 patch right here
from AusGamers. Those who purchased the game through a digital distributor like Steam of Direct to Drive will want to use the auto-updater in their distribution client. More details on the state of the game can be found over on the official website
Posted 03:14pm 17/11/09
Posted 03:19pm 17/11/09
Posted 03:22pm 17/11/09
Posted 03:29pm 17/11/09
Posted 03:32pm 17/11/09
Also, this is a bit of a disappointing patch, was hoping they'd fix more :( A bunch of us were playing this, but we've kind of stopped because some of us played a bit of single player and our characters are all different levels now and at different points in the story, and it really doesn't like it in multiplayer if people are at different parts of the story. Bit of a shame really, cos its infinitely more fun playing multiplayer than it is playing by yourself, but they make it so hard to actually play multiplayer.
last edited by Khel at 15:32:53 17/Nov/09
Posted 03:34pm 17/11/09
Posted 03:34pm 17/11/09
I'd also be curious to know what the file size is from, as some of the fixes above are going to be no more than changes to the config files (which are just plain text).. Still, all good to see we got the update.
Posted 03:39pm 17/11/09
Hey yeah, it is too, how bizarre. Its still in the rotating banner on the front page for me, but yeah, when I actually click it, it tells me I can't get it from my region. Which is odd, since I already got it in my region a few weeks ago.
Posted 03:45pm 17/11/09
Posted 07:47pm 17/11/09
Basically make a character for your COOP game that you use ONLY with your friends to play the campaign.
THEN if you want to play alone in SP... make a new character (same class or different, your choice) and play using that character.... easy isnt it?
You can have up to 20 different characters all at different levels and progress in the game.... I have for example 3 characters:
1) for my 3player coop game
2) for my 2player coop game
3) for my 1player singleplayer game....
Posted 08:11pm 17/11/09
Posted 08:16pm 17/11/09
Posted 09:32pm 17/11/09