Well, the scariest (for other publishers) week in the 2009 release calendar came and went, and any publisher smart enough to have avoided it, clearly made the right decision in cowering away or biding their time.
Numbers are being thrown around left, right and centre, but all signs essentially point to Modern Warfare 2 breaking sales records and raking in huge amounts of cash for uber-publisher, Activision. And as much as I hate fat cats getting fatter, the game itself is well deserved of such success, having finished the single-player over the weekend and enjoying both the competitive multiplayer and awesome co-op, I know I'm going to be readily playing this for a while yet.
Back on track then as we move into regular release territory, this week coming in with the likes of Assassin's Creed 2 (stay tuned for our full review on the 18th) and Left 4 Dead 2, among others. Check it out:
- Assassin's Creed 2 PS3, Xbox 360 - The game where you get to kill popular 90's soft rock outfit, Creed. One of the year's most anticipated (November 19)
- Assassin's Creed 2: Discovery DS - The handheld adventure where you discover next gen consoles and buy the real version (November 19)
- Left 4 Dead 2 PC, Xbox 360 - The awesome Australian edition featuring casual conversation with the undead, some street dice, and ice-cream (November 19)
- Ghostbusters: The Videogame PC, Xbox 360, Wii - There is no Dana there is only Zuul (November 19)
- Dragonball: Raging Blast PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, DS - The game that adheres to the TV show. Start the battle here, and wait until the 3rd sequel to finish it off (November 19)
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World Wii - In the new world, apes have evolved from man, and Charlton Heston gets slightly perturbed when he sees familiar landmarks (November 19)
- EA Sports Active: More Workout Wii - EA's way of saying, "um, you're still fat" (November 19)
- Monster 4X4 Wii - Finally, a hand-held game with monster in the title that doesn't feature creatures spawning from an item that fits in your pocket (November 19)
- Medieval Games Wii - Welcome, to medieval tiiiiiiimes! (November 19)
So that's it for another week of releases. You can look forward to reviews of both Assassin's Creed 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 upon their release, and stay tuned for even more from us here at AusGamers, as we power through to the end of 2009. Up next, the AusGamers Weekly Wrap.
(As always, thanks to K-man for the added colour).