Showing they haven't forgotten one of their old but still popular games, EA have released a new update for Battlefield 2. It's important to note that this is still a beta release, so you might want to hold off updating unless you only want to play on test servers for now.
Chief among the additions are a new map "Blue Pearl" and official support for widescreen resolutions (why did this take so long?). Here's a few of the included gameplay tweaks:
- AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.
- Added checks to prevent "runway grieving".
- Various changes made to prevent cheating.
- Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model.
- Increased the time to go prone after jumping from 0.3 seconds to 0.7 seconds
You can download the v1.50 beta 1 patch locally
(1.25GB) from AusGamers. This is an incremental patch, so you'll also need 1.41