After a long time in development (and a short time in beta
), we're happy to unveil the AusGamers Forum Search. This might sound like not a big deal, but we've been working on it for ages and it's something a lot of people have been asking for, so we're pretty happy to finally have it out the door. We think it's pretty awesome and feedback from everyone that tested it was pretty positive.
You can search almost 10 years of content from the early QGL-only days going all the way up to, well, now. A quick feature list:
- Quick search will search subject/article of all original posts.
- Boolean searching (so you can use Google-esque + and - operators to require/remove search results)
- Advanced search options including:
* quick author name search (so you can throw in, say, 'trog' to find everything I've written about 'quake' for example)
* search subject only or subject/body
* only search first post (on by default)
* some other filters/sorting things
Check out our beta thread
for some more information and for some hilarious flashbacks to the olden days, and you can start searching right now