Valve have bounced out another Team Fortress 2 update with a few interesting changes. The announcement
has all the details, but here's some of the juicy bits:
- Modified critical hit calculation. Overall, critical hit chance is now much more recent-performance based.
- Base chance is now 2% (was 5%).
- Bonus range based on damage done changed from 0%-15% to 0%-10%
- Damage range required for bonus changed from 0-1600 to 0-800.
- Reduced random damage spread applied to all player damage from +-25% to +-10%.
- Slight reduction (improvement) of the minigun's spread.
- Increased flare direct hit damage from 20 to 30.
- Rewrote Natascha's slowdown code to be more consistent.
- Sniper rifle now supports Crit Boost state like all other weapons (i.e. Kritzkrieg makes all shots critical hits).
- Stealthed spies are no longer able to pickup the intelligence. They must uncloak first.
- Increased soldier primary ammo count from 16 to 20.
There's a few other bug fixes and minor changes, and they also mention that they're still working on issues to do with client timeout and lag.