IA9 is a new report from the Interactive Entertainment Association of Australia, providing data on some key metrics about Australian gamers and their habits. The full report
is now available, as is a summarised version
(both are PDF, sorry) which is worth a glance for some of its revelations, such as:
• 46% of gamers are female.
• The average age of an Australian gamer is 30 years.
• 63% of adults do not know that Australia has no R18+ for computer and
• 91% of adults (including gamers and non-gamers) say Australia should
have an R18+ classification for games.
• 17% of adults in game households admit to having pirated games in their
collections with nearly 10% of all games in Australian homes being illegal
It should be noted that these stats are from a sample pool of 1614 randomly selected households.