World in Conflict presents a chillingly authentic Cold War scenario where the Berlin Wall never fell. Created by Cold War authority and best-selling author Larry Bond, the story begins in 1989 as the Soviets, fearing certain collapse, boldly advance into Europe. NATO responds in force only to be met on a second front -- a full-fledged invasion of the American homeland. Players take on the role of field commander, leading the era's most powerful military machines in the campaign to retake America's cities and suburbs.
Features in World in Conflict include:
- Super-Powered Warfare: Unleash the arsenals of the great military superpowers in the gripping single-player story created by Larry Bond
- Bleeding-Edge Graphics - The latest version of Massive's proprietary Masstech engine allows for a full 360° range of camera control and features advanced lighting and physics effects
- Complete Destructibility - As the battle rages, the world environment pays the price -- every object in the game will crumble under the force of war, including cars, buildings and forests
- Deep Multiplayer Modes: Using Massive's proprietary Massgate multiplayer server system, World in Conflict will support up to 16 players for head-to-head, team-based battles
- Real World Units: Players will take control of the most devastating arsenal of military weaponry ever created, including Soviet, American and NATO tanks, planes, trucks, troops and helicopters as well as nuclear weapons
- Player Roles - Players will choose to play as Infantry, Armor, Support Forces, or Aerial specialists; multiplayer teams will need to master each role for maximum effectiveness