CORE CHANGESFor the full list you can find the mod available over at the official REDKit site, however registration is required to download the mod.
- Up to 80% increase in responsiveness per Geralt's animations.
- Up to 50% increase in responsiveness per NPCs animations.
- Added strafing while being locked on an enemy and walking.
- Geralt can block while moving ( NEW ANIMATIONS ). Static Guard Stance is no longer required to parry enemy attacks.
- Geralt automatically parries enemy sword attacks and deflects incoming arrows. It doesn't mean Geralt is invincible. It's not a 100% chance to parry and the value is not constant. It changes depending on how many hits you block in a short time and from where does the hit land.
- Geralt and his attackers are no longer bouncing off parry. It allows to continue attack sequence.
- Monster attacks still cannot be parried with a sword.
- While using Guard Stance Geralt channels an active Quen shield.
- Above listed changes to defence mechanics decreased importance of rolling in combat.
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, the second installment in the RPG saga about the Witcher, Geralt of Rivia, features a thoroughly engrossing, mature storyline defining new standards for thought-provoking, non-linear game narration.This Enhanced Edition will be available for both the Xbox 360 and the PC on 17th of April 2012, so make sure you've got your copy secured. CDProjekts sister website gog.com has the Digital Deluxe Edition for $39.99 and a free upgrade to the Enhanced Edition is available upon purchase.
In addition to an epic story, the game features an original, brutal combat system that uniquely combines tactical elements with dynamic action. A new, modern game engine, responsible both for beautiful visuals and sophisticated game mechanics puts players in the most lively and believable world ever created in an RPG game.
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, Enhanced Edition features a thoroughly engrossing, mature storyline that defines a new standard for realistic,non-linear game narration. In addition to an epic story, the game features a complex combat system that uniquely combines deep tactical elements with dynamic action.Check out the trailer below showing just how awesome the Xbox 360 version will look or fight your way over to here for the HD version. You can also head over to our game page for all the latest news, videos and information.
The age of the sword and axe has come.The Northern kingdoms prepare for war. In the rising chaos regicides begin their hunt. Cruelty and violence become the daily fare. Do you dare stand alone among the mighty forces, struggling for power?Check out the YouTube video below or grab it locally from AusGamers here and make sure you swing by our game page for more screenshots and videos, especially the incredible CGI trailer 'Enhanced Edition Intro Cinematic Trailer'.
The patch and the comprehensive list of its contents can be obtained either via the game's auto-updater, the official website or locally here on AusGamers (900MB).
- Completely new, extensive Tutorial System that helps players fully enjoy the game from the very beginning and systematically explains the depth of The Witcher 2’s combat and gameplay mechanics. It allows gamers to gradually and smoothly immerse themselves in the game world and Geralt’s adventures.
- The new Dark Mode difficulty setting that presents players with a new challenge, the highest level of difficulty where every foe is now a significant challenge requiring careful planning and consideration. Dark Mode also features several new sets of equipment and items all linked together through a dark legend in the game journal.
- Completely new arcade-style Arena Mode that is infinitely replayable and progressively more challenging. Arena lets you hone your combat skills and techniques against all the different monster types from the game. Dispatch wave upon wave of progressively more difficult enemies, earning awards that you can use to upgrade abilities, experiment with new weapons and armor, and to test your alchemy skills. Hirelings can also assist you in battle—for a price.
- Technical Bliss: Version 2.0 includes all previous and new technical and gameplay enhancements such as:
• 40+ new technical and gameplay enhancements
• 100+ previous technical and gameplay fixes
• All 9 previous DLC packs
New FREE DLC – “A Sackful of Fluff” is a new quest in Chapter 2 of the game. To start the quest, visit the eccentric Elthon, who inhabits a solitary hut near the quarry outside Vergen. The quest will prove most rewarding to those who demonstrate patience.Beyond that, the changelog is actually pretty damn dense in the way of updates, additions, bug fixes etc. For a better look, check out the team's official PDF.
The planned release date slated for Q4 2011. The Xbox 360 version will be an enhanced adaptation of the PC game released to instant international acclaim in mid-May. Accordingly, it will incorporate numerous improvements and enhancements. Details will be announced over the coming months.The team are being adamant that this will not be a straight port and are already utilising critical feedback from the PC release for the 360, and here's hoping any and all changes also make it into the PC version by way of patches and the like.
The second installment in the RPG saga about the Witcher, Geralt of Rivia, features a thoroughly engrossing, mature storyline defining new standards for thought-provoking, non-linear game narration. In addition to an epic story, the game features an original, brutal combat system that uniquely combines tactical elements with dynamic action. A new, modern game engine, responsible both for beautiful visuals and sophisticated game mechanics puts players in the most lively and believable world ever created in an RPG game.Digital distribution of the game from Steam and (DRM free and superiorly priced) GOG.com don't kick off until tomorrow.
From the time we started developing The Witcher 2, our goal was to create a single international version. So, we are happy the game will be available almost everywhere exactly as we envisioned it. At the same time, we are disappointed that because Australia’s rating system for computer games does not go above MA 15+, we had to make two small content changes in order for our game to be distributed there at all. I would like to assure our Australian customers that we aware of the situation in their market, and will do everything we can to support themAccording to fellow Australian game blog Gamepron, Australian distributor Namco Bandai Partners also had this to say:
In the original version your character Geralt was given the choice of accepting sex ‘as a reward’ for successfully completing this particular side quest. The Australian Classification Board originally refused classification as they deemed the inclusion of ‘sex as a reward’ as not suitable for an MA15+ classification.As for the GOG.com pricing adjustment, that's not all bad news either. A press release explains that they were regrettably required to adjust their pricing for Australian customers due to their licensing agreement and that the price will now be $69,99 AUD, where it had previously been $44.99 USD ($42.30 AUD at today's exchange rate).
The change is only minor, in that the character choice is now made automatically for him. The character and the side quest are still in the game but presented in a slightly different context. No other changes have been made and this change has no impact on gameplay, storyline or character development.
GOG.com will still offer their ‘Fair Price Package’, like they do for customers paying in Euros, to match the price in USD. This means all Australian gamers who buy The Witcher 2 at GOG.com will get $26 USD store credit to spend on Good Old Games’ 300+ games catalog.3pm May 6 GMT is 1am tomorrow morning (Saturday May 7th 2011) in AEST (Sydney time), so any Australian's still wanting to nab this one at the original US dollar price have until the end of today to jump on that. The price for Australian customers on Steam has already been adjusted without warning.
All preorders by Australian gamers that are made before Friday, May 6 at 3:00 p.m. GMT, will be charged at the original price of $44,99 USD, and will receive the Australian version.