In The War Z, players are thrust into a post-apocalyptic world five-years after a viral outbreak that ravaged the human population and left, in its wake, a nightmare of epic proportion. Hordes of undead zombies infest the cities, and the few remaining human beings have devolved into a lawless, nomadic society where the sole objective is to survive at any cost. Players must use skill and cunning in order to acquire food, weapons and other supplies necessary for survival. While navigating the vast landscape, they will discover cities teeming with the undead as well as other players that may or may not be friendly.
With strong RPG elements, TWZ allows players toearn experience points and then “spend” those points to learn new skills that will aid in their survival. Additionally, there will be opportunities to acquire in-game cash and gold, which can be used to purchase supplies at one of the few safe-settlements located in the game. The War Z will also allow those playing together to join servers as a group or locate friends already playing and join the same server.
Some features of The War Z include the following:
Survival Horror MMO with entire game world build around a Zombie Apocalypse
* Two modes of play: Normal (downed characters can be revived after “cool down” period) and Hardcore (death will be permanent)
* Ability to switch between first-person (FPS) and third-person (TPS) perspectives
* Huge maps ranging between 200 and 400 square kilometers
* Meld of PvE (player versus environment) and PvP (player versus player) gameplay
* Unique social elements, including bounties, rewards, help requests, trap setting, etc.
* Safe Settlements: safe cities within the world where players can purchase, sell and store items as well as post notes for other players
* Single purchase, downloadable client with ability to play full game without subscriptions or requiring in-game transactions
* Full developer support with regularly scheduled, free content updates
* Dedicated public servers as well as private servers that can be completely self-managed in game client