Continuing the franchise's social and engaging trivia experience on Xbox 360, "Scene It? Box Office Smash" features all-new questions, more high-definition (HD) movie clips and several new puzzle types, giving you a trivia game overflowing with images as well as audio and video clips from hundreds of films you know and love.
The new game allows up to four teams to challenge one another from the comfort of a living room or across the miles via Xbox LIVE*. With the new Xbox LIVE experience, "Scene It? Box Office Smash" is the first game on Xbox 360 that lets players virtually put themselves into the game through custom avatars that respond to your play and react to one another throughout the course of the game.
"Scene It?" is the pioneer brand of the DVD game category, and since it launched in 2001, more than 10 million board games have been sold. With more than a dozen games on the market — including editions such as Disney, Harry Potter, Friends, Marvel and Movie editions — the "Scene It?" brand of games has won multiple awards from the toy industry. "Scene It?" is sold in 28 countries and nine languages. Last year, the Movie 2nd Edition was released to international acclaim, and "Scene It?" continues its tradition of creating great game experiences out of top licenses with the forthcoming releases of "Seinfeld," Disney Channel and "Star Trek" Editions.
Features include the following:
• New movies, new questions and new puzzle challenges. It’s not just trivia; it's trivia about movies you love, with hundreds of all-new questions, audio clips, photo stills and HD movie clips never seen before in any "Scene It?" game. "Scene It? Box Office Smash" also features brand-new types of puzzle challenges that are sure to keep gamers guessing all night long, including these:
– "Pixel Flix," where players try to name the film after watching an old-school, 8-bit-style animation of a famous scene.
– "Celebrity Ties," a six degrees of separation-type challenge in which players must link together a series of clues to guess the answer.
– "Which Is Which," where players test their power of observation as they try to determine which of two similar movie stills match a particular movie. In addition, all 22 puzzle types have been designed to provide the ultimate multiplayer experience on Xbox 360.
• Movie trivia the world will love. Movie fans in France, Italy, German, Spain and the U.K. have even more to love, with content from some of their favorite local films included in versions of the game sold in their countries.
• New online multiplayer capabilities. Airplane flights are expensive, and your friends are everywhere. Solution? A "Scene It?" match over Xbox LIVE. Better than a phone call, playing over Xbox LIVE builds new memories with old friends and the opportunity to test your knowledge against friends or movie buffs around the world with several new online multiplayer modes.
• Picture yourself at the movies. With the new Xbox LIVE experience, players can literally put themselves into the game through custom characters that respond to your play and react to one another throughout the course of the game.
• More questions on Xbox LIVE. With downloadable content available via Xbox LIVE Marketplace and a content tracking system that minimizes question repeats, players always have a fresh play experience.
• Everyone gets in the game with the Big Button Pad. Chips are better with guacamole. Games are better with friends and family. So gather your friends and family for a race to the buzzer, and see whose movie knowledge reigns. With the intuitive wireless Big Button Pad, even the most console-phobic person will play, and maybe even win. Available with four wireless Big Button Pads, or without for aficionados who already own them from the previous Xbox 360 release "Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action."