Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition for PC delivers action-packed single player gameplay through the full feature length story mode and the Tag Team and Challenge Tower modes. Multiplayer modes, including traditional 1 vs. 1 matches and King of the Hill mode, allow players to choose from an extensive lineup of iconic warriors from the Mortal Kombat legacy and challenge their friends to intense competitive showdowns.For the competitive scene, the Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition Fight Stick is also supported in the PC title, alongside usual gamepad support. Players looking to access their stats and leaderboards online can also check out the Mortal Kombat website, which will offer up-to-date informatin for all to see.
Players enter the realm to face the Kombatants in Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition for PC , delivering all of the downloadable content, including intrepid warriors Skarlet, Kenshi and Rain, as well as the notorious dream stalker Freddy Krueger. Additionally, the game offers 15 Klassic Mortal Kombat Skins and three Klassic Fatalities.The PC version is reportedly being ported for Windows by High Voltage Software, with a digital launch (presumably Steam) due on July 4th, followed by boxed retail release in Australia on August 7th.
We’ve also contacted Ed Boon about this whole thing, who did not comment at all. As we all know, Steam’s registry rarely lies and Warner Bros could easily take that directory down. Instead, the publisher has updated the directory, further proving that something is going on in the background.Hopefully we'll have more solid information if and when the title is officially revealed, but until then we can simply wait and see.
Interestingly, on the EB pre-order page there is still a notification that the game will not be available for purchase in Queensland, and directs consumers to a customer hotline. That’s probably just a precaution because, by that time the Governor in QLD will almost certainly have signed off on recent legislation passing R18+ in the state.As Kotaku notes, it is quite an old game, but a local release holds significance to Australian gamers as evidence that the new R18+ rating offers relaxed censorship for videogames created for adults.
The Mortal Kombat Legacy continues in Season 2 as Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kenshi, and Ermac join the ranks. The rivalries and histories of these fierce warriors will unfold as Raiden and his recruits clash against the dark forces of Outworld. The epic battle for Earthrealm has finally begun.A start date has not yet been confirmed for the new season, which is still expected to debut exclusively on Machinima Youtube channel. The trailer only mentions that it is "Koming Soon", watch it below.
Warner Bros Entertainment Australia will be submitting the Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition for classification under the new R18+ classification category.The outcome of Komplete Edition's ratings submission will be a real test for the new R18+ classification guidelines, as the original release of Mortal Kombat in 2011, when the highest rating available was MA15+, received a Refused Classification stamp due to "explicit depictions of dismemberment, decapitation, disembowelment and other brutal forms of slaughter".
"Anyone who knows the history of Mortal Kombat will tell you that back in the days of the arcade - when they did just palette swap characters to come up with multiple fighters in the game - there was a glitch in one of the old arcade machines that caused the Jade/Katana/Milena female ninja to glitch and turn red.Also mentioned in the article is another rumoured DLC character, Mortal Kombat 2 sub-bos Kintaro.
"People always thought it was a hidden unlockable character and it wasn't, it was purely a programming glitch. They've always speculated and in fact it was the fans who named her Scarlet to begin with. She's no longer a glitch - she's an actual character, and she'll be coming pretty soon post-launch."
We’re obviously extremely disappointed that the refused classification decision has been upheld by the Classification Review Board. We want to thank the thousands of Mortal Kombat fans in Australia and around the world who have voiced their support during the appeal process.Given the game's high profile, this could be seen as a win for the need for an R18+ rating here in Australia, which will be finally decided upon in July.
"After careful consideration Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment Australia have decided to appeal to the Australian Classification Review Board against the RC (Refused Classification) decision given to Mortal Kombat.I was just about to preorder from the UK. I still think I will have to though.
After reviewing both the game play and the Board’s original decision WBIE Australia believe the violence in the game is on par with numerous other titles readily available for sale in the Australian market. As such the company wants to exhaust all options to make the game available to Mortal Kombat fans in this country. An identical version of the game will be submitted for appeal"
Examples include but are not limited to:Mortal Kombat titles have not previously had any trouble scraping in under Australia's MA15+ bar so it begs the question: have NetherRealm amped up the gore with this one, or is graphic-fidelity just getting to a point where the realism achieved in video-games now makes it cross the line?
The game includes over 60 fatalities (some of which are noted above) which contain explicit depictions of dismemberment, decapitation, disembowelment and other brutal forms of slaughter. Despite the exaggerated conceptual nature of the fatalities and their context within a fighting game set in a fantasy realm, impact is heightened by the use of graphics which are realistically rendered and very detailed. In the opinion of the Board, the game contains violence that exceeds strong in impact and is unsuitable for a minor to see or play. The game should therefore be Refused Classification pursuant to item 1(d) of the computer games table of the National Classification Code.
- Kung Lao throws his metal hat into the ground and it spins like a buzz saw. He grabs his prone opponent by the ankles and drags their body through the saw, explicitly slicing them vertically in half. Copious bloodspray is noted. Kung Lao then holds up both halves of the corpse as blood pours out.
- Jade explicitly kicks an opponent into the air and plants her fighting stick into the ground. The opponent falls backwards onto the stick and is explicitly impaled, with the stick protruding from their chest. Jade then explicitly tears her opponent's head off, with bloodspray noted, and explicitly plants it on the stick.
- Stryker tasers his opponent and then explicitly shoots their head off with his gun. Blood and gore is noted.
- Quan Chi explicitly rips his opponent's leg off, accompanied by copious bloodspray. As they lie on the ground, he explicitly beats them with the severed leg for a prolonged period of time.
- Scorpion explicitly slashes an opponent horizontally in two at the waist, with blood and wound detail noted. He then explicitly decapitates them and kicks their body over. As the severed head falls through the air, he explicitly slices it vertically in two.
- Mileena throws two blades at an opponent, which explicitly lodge in their chest. She slowly approaches and explicitly rips their head off, causing their severed neck to spray blood as their body topples. She then explicitly bites into the severed head before throwing it to the ground.
- Kabal uses long hooks to explicitly pull out an opponent's Intestines before explicitly impaling the opponent on two spikes.
- Shao Kahn uses his hands to explicitly rip an opponent's body vertically in two.
- Baraka explicitly lodges a blade (attached to his wrist) in an opponent's stomach and hoists them above his head. He spins them round and explicitly decapitates and dismembers them, accompanied by copious bloodspray.
- Kitana uses her 'folding fan' weapon to explicitly dismember then decapitate her opponent, with copious blood flow noted.
Noob Saibot was previously Sub Zero, a fallen warrior, resurrected by the Netherrealm sorcerer Quan Chi to fulfil a dark objective. A faithful servant and a recent addition to the Brotherhood of Shadow, he plays a key role in helping Shao Kahn in his acquisition of Earthrealm. This intense video focuses on Noob Saibot’s vicious fighting style as he steps closer to his own mysterious shadowy mission.Watch the trailer embedded below or click here for the HD option.
Revenge is a dish best served ice cold. Today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios are sharing a new video giving fans insight into deadly assassin Sub Zero’s upbringing and why he entered the Mortal Kombat tournament to kill Scorpion.Check it out right here on AusGamers.