|Genre:||First Person Shooter||Players:||1|
It offers additional Ray Tracing features including Advanced Ray Traced Reflections and support for the much requested DLSS 2.0 on NVIDIA hardware, which offers sharper image details and increased framerates and display resolutions. Further collaborating with NVIDIA, this update improves our existing Ray Traced Global Illumination tech innovated with the original release of Metro Exodus to make every light source fully Ray Traced, and implements our Ray Traced Emissive Lighting tech from The Two Colonels throughout the game.
It’s no secret that we have already started work on the next Metro game. Using everything we’ve learned from the last 15 years, we’ve set our sights even higher – the next title is being built for Gen 9 consoles and PC, with a complete overhaul of our engine and renderer to take advantage of the new power, storage, and hardware supported ray tracing afforded by the new consoles.
Deep Silver and 4A Games are thrilled to announce that Sam’s Story, the second major story DLC for Metro Exodus is out now while also confirming that Metro Exodus will return to Steam on February 15th.Watch a trailer for the DLC embedded below.
Sam’s Story follows former US Marine Sam, a Spartan Ranger who has worked under Colonel Miller since the nuclear war devastated Moscow, and followed Artyom in search of a world outside of the Metro. Sam had long dreamed of returning to his homeland, and perhaps even finding his father alive. The prospect seemed impossible in the darkened tunnels of the Metro, but when the Spartans discovered that Moscow was not the only city left alive after the war, holding out hope didn’t feel so foolish anymore.
Sam, determined to find a way back to the USA, departed from the Aurora to make his way through Vladivostok’s tsunami ravaged harbours, ruined industrial buildings, and crumbling residential districts. However, to complete his journey, Sam will discover that he needs every tactic he has learned so far to survive, as his surroundings prove to be far trickier than expected.
In this expansive ‘sandbox survival’ level, players will experience another gripping story line featuring new characters, weapons and mutant variants, in a huge, non-linear environment that offers hours of gameplay.
NEW GAME +
On completion of the campaign, you can now re-play in New Game+ mode, granting access to all weapons and attachments unlocked through prior play-throughs.
New Game + also allows to you to adjust a range of variables to create your own personal and uniquely challenging experience, and comes with new Achievements / Trophies. More details below…
Available through New Game +, enabling Developer Commentary allows you to find special tape players on which members of the 4A Games team discuss some of the design choices that went into making Metro Exodus in that area.
IMPROVED CONTROLLER RESPONSIVENESS
While the Hotfix changes were already well received, we’ve added a 4th Controller Sensitivity Preset with more tweaks to sensitivity, improved aim assist, and better ‘dead zone’ per platform.
PLATFORM SPECIFIC IMPROVEMENTS AND NEW FEATURES
We’ve added Mouse and Keyboard support for Xbox One, further improved RTX and DLSS support on PC, Dual Shock Controller Light support for PS4 and many more.
GENERAL PERFORMANCE, BALANCE AND GAMEPLAY OPTIMISATIONS
A raft of improvements across the board that improve the overall gameplay experience based on bugs reported, desired polish, and direct feedback/feature requests from the community, including things like a Volume Slider specifically for VO, and more.
CRASH / BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
We’ve fixed numerous crashes - some from your descriptions, and some from the crash dumps you have submitted to us. We’ve only listed a few below, but you should expect a big improvement to stability in this update. Thank you for continuing to help us out!
In the case of Metro Exodus, the result of its real-time ray-traced global illumination is the most natural and impressive lighting ever seen in a game. A feature that becomes more impressive the more you play. At a glance the effect might be subtle in a lot of scenes, barely noticeable. Taking the following two images, the first with RTX ray-tracing on, and the second with RTX Off – you might need a minute to notice any differences.
But even in this less noticeable example, there’s a lot happening.
ALL PLATFORM UPDATES:
- Added more filters for Photo Mode
- General bug fixes
- General performance optimisations
- General balance improvements
- General polish improvements
- Improved VO and subtitles timing in all languages
CONSOLE SPECIFIC UPDATES:
- Further performance and memory optimisation
- Tuned motion blur effects
- Tuned horizontal rotation speed / acceleration on thumbsticks
XBOX SPECIFIC UPDATES:
- Added Dolby Atmos Support for Xbox One X
- Added custom Xbox Adaptive Controller support and improved UI layout
PC SPECIFIC UPDATES:
- Tuned HDR saturation
- RTX Improvements / Bug Fixing
- Added DLSS Support
- Additional HUD removal options (coming soon to console) when playing in Ranger Mode
- Added Motion Blur options (coming soon to console)
ADDITIONAL PC FIXES SINCE REVIEW CODE WAS SENT:
- Fixed Locking of player input after scene of rescuing Yermak
- Removed v-sync option from benchmark launcher
- Tuning and fixes for Atmos audio system
- Fixed memory corruption in DX12
- Fixed crash on launching game on old AMD CPUs
- Fixed crash after changing of resolution and Shading Rate to 4k/4x on Video cards with 2Gb and less
- Fixed blurred UI when DLSS is enabled
- Fixed visual artifacts for RTX high mode
- Fixed input lock in when patching gas mask during combat
- Fixed forcing to V-Sync on after alt-tabbing the game running at maximal available resolution for the monitor
- Fixed crash when pressing ALT + Tab during start videos
- Fixed forcing of V-SYNC mode if the game resolution is different than the desktop
- DLSS can be applied in the Benchmark
- Tuned DLSS sharpness to improve image quality
- Updated learned data for DLSS to improve image quality with DLSS on
Metro Exodus is a genuine surprise for many reasons, most of which come down to it nailing challenging and strategic combat, stealth infiltrations, creepy survival horror and wide-open exploration and discovery. Although cliché it is one of those games that although we’d love nothing more than to list and talk about all the cool moments, story beats, and surprising encounters - doing so would spoil, well, the surprise. The fact that Metro Exodus manages to strike that delicate balance between shooter styles, means that it slowly but surely ends up feeling like its own thing. That said, for the quick and obligatory surface level comparison – it’s a dash of Fallout, a sprinkle of BioShock, some Dishonored for flavour and Thief to darken the edges.
Yet still, all Metro Exodus.
The year is 2036.The full video definitely draws you into this new chapter in the Metro series, and has us champing at the bit to get our review hat on, post haste. Watch it embedded below.
A quarter-century after a nuclear war devastated the earth, a few thousand survivors still cling to existence beneath the ruins of Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro.
They have struggled against the poisoned elements, fought mutated beasts and paranormal horrors, and suffered the flames of civil war.
But now, as Artyom, you must flee the Metro and lead a band of Spartan Rangers on an incredible, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in search of a new life in the East.
Metro Exodus is an epic, story-driven first-person shooter from 4A Games that blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in one of the most immersive game worlds ever created.
Explore the Russian wilderness across vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter.
Inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky, Metro Exodus continues Artyom’s story in the greatest Metro adventure yet.
- Embark on an incredible journey - board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East.
- Experience Sandbox Survival - a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels.
- A beautiful, hostile world - discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day/night cycles and dynamic weather.
- Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customise your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat.
- Your choices determine your comrades’ fate - not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability.
- The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion - a flickering candle in the darkness, a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over, the howl of a mutant on the night wind - Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game.