Created and developed by Naughty Dog, Jak II: Renegade is the follow-up to their smash hit PlayStation®2 debut title, Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.
Jak II: Renegade is an action-adventure game combining a variety of genres including adventure, action-platform, puzzles, strategy, racing and exploration into one vast, epic interactive experience. Jak II: Renegade will stun players with its innovative character designs and animations, superior technology and spectacular graphics.
Jak II: Renegade features Jak, Daxter, Samos, Keira and a new cast of characters in an all-new adventure, featuring a darker look, tone and theme. Jak II: Renegade will catapult players into an exhilarating epic journey, as themes of friendship, betrayal, self-discovery and revenge are unveiled along the way. As drastic and amazingly radical transformations take place, gamers will be swept away to a future alive with drama, conflict, uncertainty and endless possibilities that will forever transform the action-adventure genre.
The legendary duo return in Jak II: Renegade, where Jak has grown into a mature young hero with a cynical attitude and hardened edge. Following the finale of Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Jak and Daxter investigate a strange energy portal that propels them 500 years into the future where they find themselves in a foreign city. The city, under siege and ruled by the tyrannical Baron Praxis, is surrounded by a dark wasteland on the brink of destruction with menacing Metal Heads destroying the land.
Upon arriving in the city, Jak is immediately captured by the Baron's guards and thrown into prison where he is experimented on with Dark Eco, where even he doesnt realise the full extent of the hazardous substance. But with Daxter assisting in Jak's prison escape, the two begin their quest to find out where they are, what has happened and ultimately seek revenge on the Baron. Along the way, Jak and Daxter will encounter numerous diverse characters greatly impacting the adventure they face ahead, while they brace themselves for the foes lurking within the shadows of the city.
- Jak II: Renegade fully integrates an intriguing plot with the gameplay - every mission in the game has a direct impact that drives the story forward
- Gamers will meet a cast of brilliantly designed characters, each playing a significant role in this elaborately written and highly immersive drama. Players may have a difficult time detecting friend from foe as personal agendas, entangled motives and mysterious relationships emerge
- Players are in for a fast-paced experience as they are transported to an enormous and seamless adventure from past to future and through a massive metropolis that is three times as large as the entire world of the original Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy. In addition, there are more than 15 areas outside of the city walls that Jak and Daxter must explore
- Gamers will enjoy enhanced graphical detail with visually stunning and intricately detailed character and environmental models. Characters are made up of 15,000 polygons per model, versus 4,000 polygons in the original Jak and Daxter
- With the addition of four powerful weapons, players expand their move set and will embrace the freedom to use them at any time
- Take over any vehicle to get from place to place, or to escape the Barons clutches
- Transform into Dark Jak to open up a whole new move set and even new weapons that are upgradeable throughout the game
- At any time, ride a unique hoverboard across the expansive city or take your time grinding rails and performing tricks
- Gamers will experience innovative technology and incredibly intelligent AI, allowing for not only smarter enemies with dozens of distinctive animations, but also for the possibility to fight alongside NPCs during certain missions
- Never see the same citizen twice with a technology that generates distinct NPCs throughout the entire city
- Players will enjoy more than one hour of movie quality in-game cinematics, top-notch voice talent and a truly dynamic musical score