Guitar Hero® continues to re-define the music and gaming experience this Spring with the release of Guitar Hero 5. Featuring the best variety and biggest rock stars of today combined with classic rock anthems, Guitar Hero 5 is the latest installment of the world’s most popular music game. For the first time ever, players can customise the make-up of their band by rocking with any combination of instruments in-game: whether it be two guitars and two drums, or three guitars and a microphone, any combination is possible, allowing players to experience music their own way. Brand new, innovative, easy-to-use gameplay modes like Party Play and RockFest put fun, competition and control at centre stage as fans tailor the Guitar Hero experience to match their personal style and interests. For extended hours of entertainment, downloadable content from Guitar Hero® World Tour will be compatible with the game and will automatically be updated to include all of the upgrades and enhancements of Guitar Hero 5.
Guitar Hero 5 features the strongest, most varied set list to-date comprised of master tracks from 85 of the hottest bands of today and the biggest classic acts including; Kings of Leon, The Rolling Stones, The White Stripes, Santana, Vampire Weekend, Tom Petty, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, plus more than 30 artists from a variety of music genres that will be making their music-rhythm video game debut.
Among the first-time-ever features of Guitar Hero 5 are: Party Play, where players can jump in or drop out of gameplay seamlessly; RockFest, a comprehensive competitive experience available featuring five new head-to-head modes playable online or in your living room; and the ability to play the entire set-list from the first time the game is turned on.
Guitar Hero 5 refines the player experience, enhances the art style and redesigns core features such as GHMusic StudioSM, making it the most accessible, fun-to-play and authentic experience for seasoned music gamers as well as first-time players. New innovations such as Band Moments, where bands are rewarded for hitting special note streams together and song challenges where gamers are tasked to play through a song a specific way, add a new competitive layer of excitement and accomplishment to the music rhythm genre.
* Assemble Your Band and Rock Any Way You Want –Guitar Hero 5 allows fans to play alone, as a full band or, for the first time, with any combination of multiple guitarists, bassists, drummers or vocalists to customise their musical experience.
* Become the Best. Shred the Rest! – In Guitar Hero 5 players can test their skills against others with four-player local and up to eight-player online battles in the all-new competitive RockFest Mode. Within RockFest Mode, players can choose from various gameplay types including Elimination, Momentum, Do or Die, Streakers, Perfectionist and Pro Face Off, for how they want to dominate their competition.
* The Band that Plays Together… – Bands can earn bonus multipliers by hitting new special note streams in unison, creating an even greater sense of excitement and accomplishment for players that can rock songs together.
* The Definitive Rock ‘n’ Roll Set List – Experience some furious finger fretting, intense drumming, and lyrics that will challenge even the best vocal chops with songs from Tom Petty, Kings of Leon, The White Stripes, Stevie Wonder, Iron Maiden and Vampire Weekend in a set list that pays homage to classic riffs, rhythms and lyrics that push the limits of rock ‘n’ roll. The breadth of rock-centric styles ensures that every Guitar Hero fan will find their favourite tracks and discover new ones.
* Limitless Jams – Guitar Hero 5 delivers hours of endless entertainment, as fans will be able to play Guitar Hero® World Tour downloadable content in the game, experiencing all of the upgrades and new features in Guitar Hero 5.
* Join The Party! – It has never been easier to rip it up and rock out with friends than it is in Guitar Hero 5. The brand new Party Play Mode puts players straight into the action with the press of a button and allows them to jump in or drop out, or switch difficulty level at any time without interrupting the jam session.
* Make and Share Music – Guitar Hero 5 features the innovative Music Studio and GHTunessm first introduced in Guitar Hero World Tour. Produce hits in the redesigned Music Studio with improved editing tools, new guitar samples and mix patterns and share them online with GHTunes to create what could be the next breakout hit.
* Rock With Your Mii – Exclusive game modes for Nintendo fans will let living room rock stars interact with their music and friends like never before. In Mii Freestyle Mode, gamers can rock any way they want with their Miis for a unique experience that connects players to the music and adds yet another layer of personalization to the game. Players can jam with the Guitar Hero controllers along pre-set note track options in multiple music genres or just rock out using the Wii remote and Nunchuk to “air drum.” And, for the first time, fans will be able to capture videos of their Mii rocking out and share with other Wii owners.
* Check Out My New Axe – The redesigned and re-skinned guitar controller with interchangeable faceplates and improved slider bar functionality offers Guitar Hero fanatics and music enthusiasts even more personalisation options and enhanced in-game effects.