The defeat of Diablo, Lord of Terror, should have given rise to an age of hope. Instead, it has drawn out a shadowy being of immense power, whose malevolent purpose is yet to be revealed. Reaper of Souls™, the upcoming expansion to Blizzard Entertainment’s epic action-RPG Diablo® III, opens a dark and terrifying new chapter in the ongoing conflict over the mortal realm of Sanctuary.
Malthael, the fallen Archangel of Wisdom, vanished long ago. In Reaper of Souls, he returns as the Angel of Death and seizes the Black Soulstone, which contains the essence of the Prime Evil. Should this dark power be unleashed upon the world, the results would be catastrophic. Fortunately, a new hero is ready to join the cause and bring Malthael to justice—the Crusader. Clad in massive armor and bearing an impenetrable shield, this new playable class charges into battle wielding a range of cruel and punishing weapons and employing powerful battle magic to strengthen allies and weaken foes. As a nigh unstoppable force of armored destruction, the Crusader adds strength and versatility to any party of adventurers.
- The Crusader enters the fray, joining ranks with the Barbarian, Witch Doctor, Wizard, Monk, and Demon Hunter
- Level cap increased to 70, enabling players to reach new heights of power
- Act V continues the story where it left off in Diablo III, taking players from the legendary city of Westmarch to the unhallowed halls of the Pandemonium Fortress
- Two new game modes–Loot Runs and Nephalem Trials–provide fun and rewarding objective-based challenges
- Upgrades to Diablo III’s Paragon progression system add even more end-game character advancement and replayability
- Newly designed loot system drops “fewer, but better” items, rewarding players with useful upgrades
- Collect rare items of unprecedented power, including game-changing Legendaries
- New spells and abilities for each of the game’s five original heroes
- A new menagerie of fiendish monsters slavering for the chance to feast upon Sanctuary’s heroes