Researching the world of Warhammer proved to be somewhat similar to their deep dives into real world history. Creative Assembly open up about the latest Total War.
Talking Total War Warhammer II with Creative Assembly
The looming Darkness has not consumed Bungie at this point in time. Quite the contrary. Destiny 2 is the glorious self-rez fans have been praying for.
Out of Orbit - Our Full and Complete Destiny 2 Review
With the NES emulator naming of 'flog' it showcases the ability for the Switch to play NES games. But, it also raises the question of - why?
The Heart-Warming Story Behind the Hidden NES Golf Game in Every
Having recently entered the Early Access stage of development, we go hands-on with the latest build of id Software's Quake Champions.
Fraggin' Good Times - Hands-On with Quake Champions
Recommend me: a blogging site
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
6579 posts
Thinking about starting up a blog for work related stuff. Wondering if anyone can recommend a blog site for a blog newb (yours truly).

I'm thinking of going with Wordpress or Blogger.

Thorts?
09:08pm 13/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:08pm 13/11/13 Permalink
Beanith
Brisbane, Queensland
258 posts
Wordpress - I used our online guide to set one up http://www.mammoth.net.au/kb/blogs/wordpress
09:13pm 13/11/13 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
37531 posts
I like WordPress.

I can swing you a discount on hosting with us if you want to run your own blog, or you can sign up on WordPress.com - they have a pretty cheap deal (though it's hosted OS).

WordPress.com also lets you host a free blog (without your own domain, iirc). Blogger is the same and I think Tumblr as well.

You can sign up for a free WordPress one to check it out; it will show you almost all the functionality.
09:13pm 13/11/13 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
6580 posts

Ta fellas
09:15pm 13/11/13 Permalink
Zy
Gold Coast, Queensland
2253 posts
I can swing you a discount on hosting with us if you want to run your own blog

For future reference so I can send people your way, what would your hosting rates be for a Wordpress blog?

Including about 2 gb disk space, 10 gb traffic per month, 3 SQL databases.
10:11pm 13/11/13 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
7055 posts
Just use Tumblr.
10:24pm 13/11/13 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
37534 posts
For a basic cpanel website: http://www.mammoth.net.au/web-hosting - if you're sending a lot of people that just have those specific requirements we could probably do a custom plan that just caters to that.
10:27pm 13/11/13 Permalink
RuleofBooKz
Melbourne, Victoria
502 posts
why not use general chat for your blog it already looks like some do?

;p
10:57pm 13/11/13 Permalink
Zy
Gold Coast, Queensland
2254 posts
Good rates!

I wouldn't say a lot of people, just randoms from time to time that ask me about hosting. I'll send them your way from now on.
10:58pm 13/11/13 Permalink
x-wing
Nowra, New South Wales
3 posts
wordpress is good, but blogspot is better... with google :)
11:13pm 01/02/14 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
11475 posts
WordPress is excellent and gives you total control.
12:28am 02/02/14 Permalink
Nerf Stormborn
Brisbane, Queensland
8243 posts
Blogspot doesn't have any costs, it's a bit scary. I run a sort of online sales site thing through a blogspot page, not making huge money, but it's costing them a truckload of data without any ads enabled, and has been for years.
01:07am 02/02/14 Permalink
mooby
Brisbane, Queensland
6493 posts
You can run a few wordpress site on azure. Very very easy to setup, just select the free website option, and wordpress template.

For a domain like bitcion.windowsauzre.net its free. If you want to point a domain like bitcoinbrisbane.com.au at it, it costs.
11:24am 02/02/14 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
37339 posts
i use facebook to blog my life and work.
11:38am 02/02/14 Permalink
stinky
USA
3786 posts
Octopress hosted on github pages is free and awesome, static content which means practically unhackable, add Disqus for comments.
01:14pm 02/02/14 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
6215 posts
Blogspot doesn't have any costs, it's a bit scary. I run a sort of online sales site thing through a blogspot page, not making huge money, but it's costing them a truckload of data without any ads enabled, and has been for years.
All the blog names are f*****g taken, it's impossible to find something unique related to the subject you want to blog about.
08:12pm 02/02/14 Permalink
koopz
Brisbane, Queensland
10283 posts
i use facebook to blog my life and work.

god i f*****g hate contracting for a Telco...

DAVO YOUR PHONE PERMITS ME TO HUNT YOU DOWN

not taking vengance or anything... just saying eh.

sorry spook... got no time for that beer now. I'm not religious dude - but I work 7 days a week... sorry I missed our chat

11:02pm 02/02/14 Permalink
koopz
Brisbane, Queensland
10284 posts
truthfully..

I want to stop working 7 days a week

not so keen on beer/party drugs
11:05pm 02/02/14 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:05pm 02/02/14 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.