Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Q: iTunes - buying via overseas stores.
sleepy
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
1637 posts
I noticed people talk about buying games off steam via U.K. etc.

Firstly: If its not a talking topic on here please feel free to remove this thread. Whats the legality of doing so?

Secondly: How do you do it? (Link to dumbarse guide)

The missus buys all her music via iTunes. As she is somewhat of a 'public figure.' I want to be sure its all above board. Hence why she doesnt wear an eye patch nor have a bird on her shoulder when downloading music.

03:42pm 26/01/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:42pm 26/01/11 Permalink
Fish
Brisbane, Queensland
2854 posts
From what I know you either need a credit card issued in the country that you're buying from or an itunes gift card from that country.

Once you get that, you just have to create an account on foreign itunes store and off you go.
03:55pm 26/01/11 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
2429 posts
Theres an album I really want which I can only find on US itunes. Region locking is f*****g s***e. Why am I forced to jump through loopholes to give someone my money. If you find a place that sells US itunes cards lemme know as I want one.
04:56pm 26/01/11 Permalink
trillion
Brisbane, Queensland
1494 posts
Is she Anna Bligh or some local polly? Who bloody cares what she buys and how anyway? Are you worried the iTunes warden is going to come and slap lawsuits against you and come for your house for trying to pay to buy music / media from a geo blocked store?

I don't really understand geo locating anyway, other than an attempt to control access to a demographic. When something gets popular enough that people want to pay to access it and they can't because the seller isn't ahead of the interest in it then what? Piracy probably.
05:26pm 26/01/11 Permalink
Fish
Brisbane, Queensland
2855 posts
Ebay usually has a bunch of cards on sale.
09:54pm 26/01/11 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
8458 posts
Since it hasn't been mentioned the other way to do it is use a proxy server to route your internet traffic to look like you are living in America (or the UK or wherever).

http://anonymitynetwork.com/

All depends on what kinds of checks and balances the site/store has implemented with their web application.
10:20pm 26/01/11 Permalink
Shroud
Sydney, New South Wales
151 posts
mediawob.com sells US itunes gift cards, all you need to do is set up a US itunes account, i've been using US itunes for about 2 yrs now.

Been using netflix aswell, its awesome with the new apple tv!! :)
11:15pm 26/01/11 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
9818 posts
ebay for us gift cards
11:43pm 26/01/11 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
2433 posts
Shroud ftw. Favorited for when I find albums I want.
12:25am 27/01/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:25am 27/01/11 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.