Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus has finally made its way to the Switch, and just like the excellent DOOM it looks amazing - mostly.
Wolfenstein II on the Nintendo Switch!
Comfortable Bed, Tasty Breakfast, Creepy Robot Employees.
The Spectrum Retreat Review
We go deeper into Cyanide Studios' ambitious Investigation-RPG, Call of Cthulhu, and come out gasping for air...
Call of Cthulhu: How Cyanide's Investigation-RPG will Break You
Full trailer for the Amazing Spider-man
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
18182 posts
More comic book related videos! This time a full trailer for the new Spider-man reboot

08:15pm 07/02/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:15pm 07/02/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
8782 posts

awesome
08:35pm 07/02/12 Permalink
m3nt4l
Brisbane, Queensland
2316 posts
I wasn't really interested in this, but this has perked my curiosity, looks less woes me.
08:36pm 07/02/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14481 posts
damn was just coming here to post it.

looks great.
08:37pm 07/02/12 Permalink
Shaexen
Brisbane, Queensland
327 posts
Really hollywood?

Try something new for a change you c****.
08:38pm 07/02/12 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
12255 posts
I like the Spiderman part, but Peter Parker seems like a dooche.
08:52pm 07/02/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
5164 posts
Really hollywood?

Try something new for a change you c****.

This is actually new. New villian, which I believe is the Lizard, which I remember from the old SNES Spiderman games and Gameboy games. Looks good, will definitely see. Also it's not Mary Jane, it's Gwen Stacy.
08:53pm 07/02/12 Permalink
bepatient
Melbourne, Victoria
846 posts
Still think its a bit crazy to have a reboot so soon, but I'll bite. I think it looks great.
09:00pm 07/02/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14482 posts

Still think its a bit crazy to have a reboot so soon, but I'll bite. I think it looks great.

it's better than what they were planning for spider-man 4.
09:01pm 07/02/12 Permalink
The GuVna
Brisbane, Queensland
1771 posts
So does Samuel L. Jackson pop up at the end of this film aswell, Avengers 2?
09:06pm 07/02/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
6463 posts
Good: Willem Dafoe, Martin Sheen.
Bad: WHYYYYY!? There was nothing wrong with the previous version!
09:30pm 07/02/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14483 posts
So does Samuel L. Jackson pop up at the end of this film aswell, Avengers 2?

doubt it. sony owns the film rights to spiderman, while marvel own the rights to the avengers superheroes which will most likely prevent them from ever appearing in the same movies :(

Good: Willem Dafoe, Martin Sheen.

dafoe is not in this movie. he was in the very first spiderman movie back in 2002.

last edited by ravn0s at 21:34:25 07/Feb/12
09:33pm 07/02/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8257 posts
That felt like a TV Pilot.
How anyone could want to pay to go and see a new Spiderman movie is beyond me.
Theres a Superman one coming too.
I wouldnt even bother Downloading that.

Have Movies always been so generic ?
There is seriously something wrong with the way movies are being made.

Its like some kind of Incest thing is happening ?
09:45pm 07/02/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
6464 posts
dafoe is not in this movie. he was in the very first spiderman movie back in 2002.

Yeah, I realised after checking IMDB, the cop just sounded like him.
09:48pm 07/02/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4406 posts
Yep, you might be mistaking the awesome Denis Leary for Dafoe.
I'm a bit hesitant at Andrew Garfield from the Social Network in the spidey suit but hopefully it'll be ok.
09:49pm 07/02/12 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
18183 posts
That isn't Willem Dafoe, its Dennis Leary

I'm really not sure about this, I think I'm still a bit burnt from Spider-man 3 and while the trailer looks cool it doesn't fill me with the same "OMG I MUST SEE THIS!" feeling that Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers have. The bit where he was fighting the cops and doing all the acrobatic s*** looked cool, and when he was dodging the guy shooting at him, but the rest of it just felt like stuff I've already seen before
09:50pm 07/02/12 Permalink
Ha
Brisbane, Queensland
177 posts
i sympathise most with the school bully in that trailer. i wasn't even a jock in high school and i want to give that sissy a swirly
10:00pm 07/02/12 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
5772 posts
it's too soon.

the only good thing about that trailer is Emma Stone (i wanna eat her ass)
10:11pm 07/02/12 Permalink
Kershner
Brisbane, Queensland
10 posts
This is actually new. New villian, which I believe is the Lizard, which I remember from the old SNES Spiderman games and Gameboy games. Looks good, will definitely see. Also it's not Mary Jane, it's Gwen Stacy.

He might mean new as in not comic book based?

I am happy for Hollywood to continue along this path, was waiting years (years before they started doing it seriously) for Hollywood to turn popular comics (and fantasy books) into movies.

last edited by Kershner at 22:27:30 07/Feb/12
10:26pm 07/02/12 Permalink
Jimbo
Brisbane, Queensland
808 posts
needs to be 3d @60fps+

3d isnt there yet but its getting closer
10:49pm 07/02/12 Permalink
z0r
Brisbane, Queensland
1840 posts
raaaaaaaad. looks better than the last couple of whiney angst ridden pieces of crap.
01:25am 08/02/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
5326 posts
I am unenthused, it looks far more like just Spiderman 1 again (with slight differences) than the completely different direction which I was expecting. Plus parker seems like a douche of the highest magnitude.

Regardless of the other two, Spiderman 2 was f*****g awesome, and without JK Simmons this series is empty and meaningless.
http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/jksimmons.jpg
03:51am 08/02/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5458 posts
needs to be 3d @60fps+

F*** off.

We need less 3D movies, not more.
08:27am 08/02/12 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
719 posts
...but I'll bite.

icwudt

Hells yea Nerfy, that guy nailed that character (as he did in Portal 2 too)

Also, what scooter said.
(Excusing the closing credits from Jackass 3D and the opening scene in Avatar, 3D has done nothing to 'enhance' cinema going. And with the previous mentions included, it does nothing to enhance the storytelling taking place in modern cinema...)

I'd like to see less reboots (and reboots of reboots) from Hollywood, I'm sure there are better stories to tell out there than retelling a story that was in the box office less than a decade ago.
10:36am 08/02/12 Permalink
Crash
Sydney, New South Wales
1336 posts
I went to an event in Sydney last night where we got to see the trailer in 3D a few hours before it was released, and then they showed off about 10 minutes from different scenes of the movie - some of which was still unfinished, eg audio not completed, blue screens, wires still in shots, etc.

I'm have a collection of comics going back a while from The Amazing Spider-man and Utimate spider-man, so I'm a bit of a fan. I really enjoyed the first 2 spidey movies, the 3rd not so much. But Sam Rami's spider-man was not exactly inline with the way the comics portrayed the character.

From what i've seen so far this one seems to be heading in a better direction. We will get to see that Peter is intelligent and builds his own devices, this wasn't really shown at all in the 3 from Rami.
A few people in this thread have said that Spider-man seems like a douche, well he is sort of supposed to be. He's a smartass in the comics, and they are bringing that across in this film. Theres a small bit of it in the trailer but i got to see a little more, at one stage hes "toying" with a criminal using his websots.
It also looks like there is going to be a lot of practical work, during the action scenes it was a guy in a suit on wires flipping around. We got an extended look at the part in the trailer where the police remove his mask. It looked awesome, it was always an actual person doing all the stuff, not a CG spider-man.

I keen for this one, it's looking great so far, but will just have to wait and see.
12:43pm 08/02/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
8885 posts
Don't buy this movie, don't go to the cinema. Spiderman is a silly idea for a superhero, and it's been done recently. We can't encourage them to think it is a good idea to make movies like this.
Out of spite go see a different movie, but better yet, don't go see it - cinemas are full of d*******s and the staff are f**gy teenage twerps with hair in their eyes, buy a downloadable movie and watch it in your underwear.
12:51pm 08/02/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
19860 posts
I'll give it a watch. It couldn't be worse than the last one. Plus Emma Stone is a little honey bunny.
01:22pm 08/02/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14486 posts
A few people in this thread have said that Spider-man seems like a douche, well he is sort of supposed to be. He's a smartass in the comics, and they are bringing that across in this film. Theres a small bit of it in the trailer but i got to see a little more, at one stage hes "toying" with a criminal using his websots.

yeah he's always been a smart ass when fighting crims in the comics. they never really showed that in the previous films. i liked the shot in the trailer when he's giving s*** to the car jacker for thinking he was a policeman.

Plus Emma Stone is a little honey bunny.

i think she looks hotter with the blond hair
01:47pm 08/02/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
19861 posts
Yeah, she looks great with blonde. Is it true that she's a natural blonde but dyes her hair red? I remember reading that somewhere.
01:48pm 08/02/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14487 posts
Is it true that she's a natural blonde but dyes her hair red?

yep
01:53pm 08/02/12 Permalink
Crash
Sydney, New South Wales
1337 posts

yeah he's always been a smart ass when fighting crims in the comics. they never really showed that in the previous films. i liked the shot in the trailer when he's giving s*** to the car jacker for thinking he was a policeman.

Theres a great scene i saw involving another criminal and a knife, fairly funny.
01:57pm 08/02/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14488 posts
Theres a great scene i saw involving another criminal and a knife, fairly funny.

yeah i read about that scene. sounds lol worthy.
02:10pm 08/02/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
19864 posts
Hey Crashy. How did you get to see this stuff? Are you making a game of the movie?
02:42pm 08/02/12 Permalink
Crash
Sydney, New South Wales
1338 posts
They gave away free tickets online to all the cities that did it. All i had to do was send in an email.
03:40pm 08/02/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:40pm 08/02/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.