We take DICE's latest Battlefield installment for an in-depth review run -- how does it fare?
Five Times a Charm - Battlefield V | Review
At BlizzCon 2018 we sat down with the team behind the upcoming mobile game Diablo Immortal to talk about bringing the franchise to an even smaller screen.
Talking Diablo Immortal with Blizzard
Plus, of course, plenty of B.O.B. - Ashe’s trusty Omnic sidekick.
Talking Overwatch and the 29th Hero Ashe with Jeff Kaplan
Our in-depth conversation with with Microsoft’s Chris Charla, the head of its indie platform – ID@Xbox.
In Conversation - Talking Indies and More with Chris Charla
Unravel Two Review: Unraveling Missed Design Opportunities
Steve Farrelly
AusGamers Editor
Sydney, New South Wales
7723 posts
The first Unravel was a fresh and *sort of* fun experience. Lost in itself for taking its premise too seriously, the game's puzzles and level design stood tall against a pretty forgetful narrative that really held no ground in any of the activities you were performing in the game.

Unfortunately, the team at Coldwood hasn't really learnt from their first outing.

Here's a snippet from our review:
Unravel is trying to do and be too many things at once without wholly expanding on what’s in front it all. And this is a point I brought up in my review of the first game. The puzzles are fun, it’s gorgeous and we love Yarny, but we don’t really care about what he’s doing or why he’s doing it. Unravel would be better served borrowing from the book of Super Meat Boy or the Trials series, where each level, or puzzle, is a self-contained challenge -- some can be strung together to form lengthier levels ala SMB, but the majority of others are just the proof-of-concept challenges already here. More of them equals more fun. I honestly don’t care about the paintings, unlocking them or extrapolating their already heavily on-the-nose narrative tilts, because it’s all redundant when the credits actually roll.
Click here for our Unravel Two review.
06:55pm 03/07/18 Permalink
system
Internet
--
system
Internet
--
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page