Researching the world of Warhammer proved to be somewhat similar to their deep dives into real world history. Creative Assembly open up about the latest Total War.
Talking Total War Warhammer II with Creative Assembly
The looming Darkness has not consumed Bungie at this point in time. Quite the contrary. Destiny 2 is the glorious self-rez fans have been praying for.
Out of Orbit - Our Full and Complete Destiny 2 Review
With the NES emulator naming of 'flog' it showcases the ability for the Switch to play NES games. But, it also raises the question of - why?
The Heart-Warming Story Behind the Switch's Hidden NES Golf Game
Having recently entered the Early Access stage of development, we go hands-on with the latest build of id Software's Quake Champions.
Fraggin' Good Times - Hands-On with Quake Champions
Case with a PSU... Good on a budget or cheap and nasty?
bobby
Sydney, New South Wales
31 posts
So my PC's motherboard has died and it's out of warranty. It's a dell motherboard and they are very expensive and hard to find locally. The closest I can find one at a decent price is malyasia for $130 new.

So I'm going to upgrade this dell machine like it's a whole new computer.

I'm keeping the CPU, Drives & RAM, it's a socket 1155 CPU so I'm looking for a B75 mATX motherboard with USB 3.0 ports at the rear

I'd also like to buy a Case and a PSU or a case with a PSU under 500w. I don't want to buy a really cheap one, because it might case a fire and when a fire starts to burn, right, it starts to spread
08:32pm 03/03/14 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:32pm 03/03/14 Permalink
nings
Gold Coast, Queensland
124 posts
start again friend.
09:41pm 03/03/14 Permalink
WirlWind
Central Coast, New South Wales
1326 posts
Depends, really.

Some cases some with decent PSU's, some come with generic PoS things.

If it's a case with a big brand PSU, you'll probs have no issues.
11:00pm 03/03/14 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
1902 posts
mATX you say.

Take a look @ the Silverstone range of cases.

This case (PC Case Gear link to a 'Silverstone Fortress FT03B') looks like a winner if you ask me (will fit a massive video card too).
One issue, this case doesn't come with a PSU.

Is there a reason you wish to stick with mATX?

Why not consider your options with Mini-ITX... (The Case options open up a notch... ask yourself, do you /really/ need anything other than a video card on PCI-E?)
If you can find a decent 'Full-featured' Mini-ITX mobo, This case (PC Case Gear link to a 'Silverstone Sugo SG-08B') comes with a 600W PSU and will hold a mammoth video card too.

I built a machine with the predecessor to this case (the SG-07) a few years ago, and aside from a little fan noise (a lot of gamers wouldn't say it's loud, but I think they make a little noise, certainly not 'deafening' but you'd notice the computer is on in a room otherwise filled with silence) it is a great build. I found the right Motherboard for that era of CPU (it has an i7-9xx in it) and it's been running one of the original ATi Radeon 5870 'Eyefinity edition' video cards like a champ since day 1.

I'll almost certainly upgrade my 'gaming rig' into one of these once I've found the right Chipset/CPU combination. The Case and PSU will deal with as much as you can fit in that case, and it's a little bit larger than a shoebox, so it's super portable. (Want to use a HTPC? ok, here's my desktop...)
11:56pm 03/03/14 Permalink
ph33x
Thailand
1377 posts
I built a Mini-ITX system for a mate. 4760K + GTX 770. Was well balanced and plays BF4 on Ultra.
12:11am 04/03/14 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
37523 posts
i always roll with coolermaster, they aint let me down yet.
06:27am 04/03/14 Permalink
bobby
Sydney, New South Wales
32 posts
I would like to stick with mATX for height restrictions and mITX motherboards are relatively expensive to be honest and just feel cramped.
06:31pm 04/03/14 Permalink
bobby
Sydney, New South Wales
33 posts

Ok so i got my rig yesterday arvo, prices might seam high as i bought from local sydney stores

Coolmaster N200 Case - $59
Corsair VS450 - $64
Gigabyte GT610 Silent - $49
ASROCK B75M 2.0 - $73

Got all these parts from Gorge Street Mall's Technocity http://www.technocity.com.au/categories/desktop.php highly recommend checking out, 12 full size computer stores in a cluster and they are very helpful and cheap

BTW my 120mm case fans are running at 100% full speed, will the 3 pin to 4 pin molex apdater help them become quieter?

08:09am 08/03/14 Permalink
ph33x
Thailand
1382 posts
GT610..

Is this a gamer?
10:39am 08/03/14 Permalink
bobby
Sydney, New South Wales
34 posts
GT610..

Is this a gamer?

haha nope. It's an office PC. The 610 will just provide smooth 1080p playback
03:07pm 08/03/14 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:07pm 08/03/14 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.