Bethesda ports for Switch are now two for two thanks to the great work in bringing this classic RPG to the console
Skyrim on Nintendo Switch - Our Review!
The Empire Strikes Back this ain't: a sequel that fixes some of the sins of its predecessor, but repeats mistakes, and adds in whole new problems.
Star Wars Battefront II Review... Attack of the No's
An in-depth behind-the-scenes look at the game. And bass fishing.
How Ubisoft Bottled Beauty and Batshit Crazy for Far Cry 5
Join us on a chronological journey as we go through some of the highlights from three decades of Creative Assembly, the studio responsible for the brilliant Total War.
Celebrating 30 Years of Creative Assembly
New Mouse
Joaby
Sydney, New South Wales
39 posts
My Sidewinder mouse just crapped itself after many years of loyal service. I now need a new mouse!

Needs - forward and back buttons, preferably same side. A middle mouse button and a scroll wheel - do mice without these exist any more? To be cheaper than $100.

Want - some new fangled bs nobody really needs but it looks cool, like the little screen on my sidewinder that would tell me what DPI i'd set it to even though you could immediately tell because if it wasn't on the middle setting the mouse was goofy as hell.
07:01pm 01/02/14 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:01pm 01/02/14 Permalink
Murf
Gold Coast, Queensland
22 posts
I'm currently using a ttesports theron. This is my first "gaming" mouse and i have been very happy with it. It has forward and back buttons on the left side, right side macro button, interchangeable weights, DPI rate button, choose various pretty colours and the dragon logo breathes which is cool, also comes with some handy software where you can play around with different profiles and macro keys etc.
07:22pm 01/02/14 Permalink
beau
Brisbane, Queensland
321 posts
thermaltake esports level 10 mouse $60 - 70
hugely customizable in terms of hand positioning, left/right axis, pitch and angle etc. Mad LED options and profile settings. Good gaming mouse.
If you're heavy handed you may find you are accidently clicking buttons you didn't want to though. Has easy DPI switching with a kind of joy stick design.

logitech g9x laser mouse $100 - 110
I love these mouses as I'm still learning even after 4 or so years of using it. It's got weight customization so you slot in the desired weight you want, as well as a middle mouse scroll fly wheel button, so it's good for browsing and gaming with the button. Its also got good LED options, and easily accessible dpi settings.

BTW most gaming mouses come with software for macro's, which you use to bind whatever buttons you want for the 'forward/backward' etc.
07:24pm 01/02/14 Permalink
LordHelyi
Brisbane, Queensland
1673 posts
Coolermaster Zero-G is what I'm using for the last number of years.
Really like it, best mouse I've had.

G7, G9, Razer Lachesis.
Had all of them.

I like the feel of the CM, customizable LEDs/colours if you're into that sort of thing.
But also like the adjustable DPI on the fly presets and the LED screen on top which tells you what DPI you're at for both X axis and Y axis.
Can also put little icons on the LED screen if you're also into that sort of thing.

I'd recommend it if you can even get them anymore.
09:14pm 01/02/14 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
22714 posts
I just use a G500. I don't care about fancy lights or screens because I look at my monitor while gaming, not at the mouse. Bunch of filthy casuals up in this thread.
09:20pm 01/02/14 Permalink
Mathelus
Melbourne, Victoria
16 posts
I still use my g700 i got two years ago. Capable of both wired and wireless use, has eight extra buttons and side scrolling, and a good grip for when the weather heats up. only downside is no weight adjustment if you're into that, and its right hand only. Don't know if you can still find it for sale anywhere, as the new g700s has come out, of which the only changes i am aware of are a new grip patter on the click buttons, and a supposed sweat resistant coating. currently sells for around 90 bucks, but can be found cheaper in sales, such as d*** smith's recent 40% logitech sale.
09:40pm 01/02/14 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
21135 posts
I'm currently using a ttesports theron. This is my first "gaming" mouse and i have been very happy with it. It has forward and back buttons on the left side, right side macro button, interchangeable weights, DPI rate button, choose various pretty colours and the dragon logo breathes which is cool, also comes with some handy software where you can play around with different profiles and macro keys etc.

This is what I top the BF4 servers with.
10:10pm 01/02/14 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
6364 posts
Logitech MX518, buy a spare they're that good.
10:16pm 01/02/14 Permalink
baz
Victoria
443 posts
G700.

Heaps of buttons that don't feel cluttered.
wired or wireless.
The buttons closest to the thumb can be pressed really easily by just rolling your thumb up a bit. Great for an action you will use alot, like sprint. Also, I couldn't do without side scroll on a mouse, which Logitech always do.

http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2010/09/logitech-g700-review/Logitechg700-5.jpg
10:32pm 01/02/14 Permalink
Zoidberg
Brisbane, Queensland
111 posts
I have a Logitech G700 as well, got it to replace my old MX510. While i love the feel and customisation of it, i have had problems. Occasionally it will randomly change the dpi settings all by it self which is odd.
The main issue i have with it, is it loves to reboot it self all the time (5-10 secs of no control). Mainly when playing Rift and CSgo, and usually when wired. its really f***ign annoying when it does it and i haven't been able to find a solution yet. It has been behaving for the last 2 months tho, knock on wood.
11:43pm 01/02/14 Permalink
Jayman
Brisbane, Queensland
872 posts
Had problems with my G700 as well. Couldn't click and hold the right mouse button without it releasing. After looking around it seems to be a common problem with them. I was never too keen on the size and grip of it anyway. Went back to the G9x and never looked back. It really is the perfect mouse for me.
11:47pm 01/02/14 Permalink
evıs
Brisbane, Queensland
6691 posts
Jayman I had that problem with my G700 but all it was is crap build up in the mouse. I air blasted it once and has been fine for a year on now. Other than that I recommend the g700/s as well.

12:27am 02/02/14 Permalink
Jayman
Brisbane, Queensland
873 posts
I still have it and it's in damn good nick too. I'll try blasting it tomorrow!
02:51am 02/02/14 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
8432 posts
Currently running the G700s

Pros:
All the +'s of the G700
(Highly configurable etc)

Cons:
Chews through batteries like you wouldn't believe (~8 hours gaming max)
Recharge cable is like a piece of 8 gauge wire, incredibly inflexible and seems to add about 30 kg to the weight of the mouse.

Recommendations:
If you get this mouse, purchase 4x AA Rechargeable batteries (and a re-charger duh).
The cable is fine if you remember to plug it back in, just don't try and play with it attached.

Don't pay more than $80
08:00am 02/02/14 Permalink
carson
Melbourne, Victoria
2306 posts
g700 user here. Can't complain.

I had a problem with it, got it replaced through logitech without any hassles. Took about a week, no hassles since.

Cons: Chews through batteries like you wouldn't believe (~8 hours gaming max) Recharge cable is like a piece of 8 gauge wire, incredibly inflexible and seems to add about 30 kg to the weight of the mouse.

Mine is always plugged in and I never have an issue with the cord.
08:16am 02/02/14 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
37335 posts
08:25am 02/02/14 Permalink
carson
Melbourne, Victoria
2307 posts
only mouse id ever consider:
http://www.hdvietnam.com/diendan/members/6497-albums791-picture22873.jpg

Is this the obligatory old man mouse pic? IT AIN'T 1999 ANY MORE OLD MAN!
09:12am 02/02/14 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
37337 posts
you are correct, i do still have my mouse from 1999, it works perfectly and does everything a mouse should do.
09:23am 02/02/14 Permalink
Joaby
Sydney, New South Wales
40 posts
That's the s***** mouse I'm using right now as a backup. It sucks balls. The scroll wheel free rolls and doesn't middle click nicely. It's also a bit small. In conclusion, f*** that mouse.
09:48am 02/02/14 Permalink
carson
Melbourne, Victoria
2309 posts
That's the s***** mouse I'm using right now as a backup. It sucks balls. The scroll wheel free rolls and doesn't middle click nicely. It's also a bit small. In conclusion, f*** that mouse.

Yeah. I had problems with that mouse too. The scroll wheel died and then it was just horrible to use. Plus it feels way too light.
10:57am 02/02/14 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
11346 posts
I know everyone hates Razer, but I'm using the Naga Hex and it works perfectly since the day I got it. Six macro buttons that can be changed to literally anything (I use one as my TS button and the rest for in-game MMO spells), forward/backwards buttons and can also toggle between 123 or num for the side buttons.
11:54am 02/02/14 Permalink
beau
Brisbane, Queensland
326 posts
I have the belief that all Razer stuff is designed to break. You can tell just by looking and feeling the quality of the plastics, and design.
12:21pm 02/02/14 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
4839 posts
I have the belief that all Razer stuff is designed to break. You can tell just by looking and feeling the quality of the plastics, and design.

I think those people are either getting dud's, or treat them so f*****g poorly

I have a Krait that has been heavily used and abused, treated roughly, and it is still fine, there is a minor wear on the buttons, and the scroll wheel isn't as smooth as it once was, but it works fine.
01:37pm 02/02/14 Permalink
bobby
Sydney, New South Wales
27 posts
Those generic microsoft mice are actually surprisingly good for gaming
08:35pm 03/02/14 Permalink
WirlWind
Central Coast, New South Wales
1276 posts
Might be a bit more expensive than your budget still, but the Steelseries Cataclysm WoW mouse is pretty awesome.

If you have big hands, it's great. The thumb buttons are awesome (though I don't use the top ones as often) and it can be macro'd / customized / change the pretty lights.
08:47pm 03/02/14 Permalink
RuleofBooKz
Melbourne, Victoria
984 posts
i like razer. they pulse green
11:44pm 03/02/14 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:44pm 03/02/14 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.