Researching the world of Warhammer proved to be somewhat similar to their deep dives into real world history. Creative Assembly open up about the latest Total War.
Talking Total War Warhammer II with Creative Assembly
The looming Darkness has not consumed Bungie at this point in time. Quite the contrary. Destiny 2 is the glorious self-rez fans have been praying for.
Out of Orbit - Our Full and Complete Destiny 2 Review
With the NES emulator naming of 'flog' it showcases the ability for the Switch to play NES games. But, it also raises the question of - why?
The Heart-Warming Story Behind the Hidden NES Golf Game in Every
Having recently entered the Early Access stage of development, we go hands-on with the latest build of id Software's Quake Champions.
Fraggin' Good Times - Hands-On with Quake Champions
Robot vacuum cleaners?
WetWired
Brisbane, Queensland
6254 posts
Anyone here got any experience with these guys? recommendations for brands/models?

There's Roombas, Neatos, Robomaids and all sorts to choose from
04:09pm 18/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:09pm 18/11/13 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
4790 posts
I have a Robomaid. I bought it a few years ago and it never gets used. When used, I thought it did a pretty good job. My missus however didnt seem to think much of it. Its almost of no use on carpet or in a cluttered room. Great for open, smooth floor areas. I love the way it finds it way back to the charger.

Confused you enough?
04:13pm 18/11/13 Permalink
ph33x
Thailand
683 posts
Watch videos of them actually trying to vacuum up stuff that people put there. They are pretty s***, imo. Not videos from Samsung(read: Manufacturer) either but people who've bought them.

The suction is poor, they don't hold much before suction is further affected. In the end you'll be using a normal vacuum.
04:14pm 18/11/13 Permalink
Mosfx
Gold Coast, Queensland
1604 posts
I think Robovacuums are a case of you get what you pay for, I've seen some for $99 but I can't imagine they'd work as well as a $500 which I've seen at Harvey Normans.

I just picked up a cordless stick vacuum from Godfreys for $180 it's awesome I just take it out every few days and run over the house only takes 15minutes tops, I couldn't imagine a Robovacuum doing my house in that time it'd be annoying this little thing making noises and bumping into things lol
04:17pm 18/11/13 Permalink
WirlWind
Central Coast, New South Wales
1145 posts
I couldn't imagine a Robovacuum doing my house in that time it'd be annoying this little thing making noises and bumping into things lol

I hope you never have kids then :P
05:22pm 18/11/13 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
1704 posts
Watch videos of them actually trying to vacuum up stuff that people put there. ...

It won't pick up your litter; If we're honest adults here for a moment, Vacuum's shouldn't really be used to pick up s*** you can.

Of course if it's reaching into places of your house that haven't been cleaned for a while the first few operations of it will be pretty pathetic (in that you'll probably need to empty it a number of times). Once the place has had it there for a while it might become something you notice less, but I doubt very much they're as 'invisible' as the ads claim either.
I tend to think of them less as vacuum cleaners and more as 'automatic, hard-floor dusters'.

I jumped in on the Dyson bandwagon a few years ago, and it serves my purpose (low traffic, no animal apartment for a bachelor) quite well. As much as a '$1000 robot Vacuum' is supposed to be amazing, it might also be pointed out that for that kinda money you can buy a very decent dual purpose Vacuum/carpet shampoo unit.

For me it's heavily dependent on your living arrangements, and floorplan. (Thinking about split level houses, I can't imagine that a robo-vacuum would be a useful option for the money out-laid)
05:47pm 18/11/13 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1473 posts
You should get one of these...
http://i.imgur.com/ZleYdW9.jpg?1
05:49pm 18/11/13 Permalink
RuleofBooKz
Melbourne, Victoria
522 posts
why buy a robot to do a persons job?

hire a cleaner to come in once a week. will cost about 50 bucks and they will do more than just vacuum
05:53pm 18/11/13 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
4285 posts
My uncle has a samsung one i think.

He and his GF reckon its great. They live on the water @ Gold coast plus have a dog so its got a lot to do.

Think they only use it on tiles downstairs tho.

GF wants one for @ home so im interested to see what other people think.
06:02pm 18/11/13 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7868 posts
i have a roomba but i dont use it anymore.. the reason is our place has a couch and a few chairs and other stuff so it cant be efficient, its easier for me to sweep once a day then f*** around with roomba.

they are only really good for rooms with not much in them.

06:08pm 18/11/13 Permalink
DoCZero
Other International
244 posts
Actually - lots of cheap cleaners from the Philippines at the moment! (and before you say "too soon!" - i'm just helping their employment , see the biggest export for the Philippines in the world is people , and I care for their well being).
08:09pm 18/11/13 Permalink
RuleofBooKz
Melbourne, Victoria
526 posts
we have a team of cleaners (3 -4 depends on who they have available on the day) come in on Thursdays but they are Chinese - they work really hard and do a great job - would recommend

for under 100 bucks they do the whole house and odd jobs like washing, dishes etc its worth it and you are providing local employment in the community
08:47pm 18/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:47pm 18/11/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.