Researching the world of Warhammer proved to be somewhat similar to their deep dives into real world history. Creative Assembly open up about the latest Total War.
Talking Total War Warhammer II with Creative Assembly
The looming Darkness has not consumed Bungie at this point in time. Quite the contrary. Destiny 2 is the glorious self-rez fans have been praying for.
Out of Orbit - Our Full and Complete Destiny 2 Review
With the NES emulator naming of 'flog' it showcases the ability for the Switch to play NES games. But, it also raises the question of - why?
The Heart-Warming Story Behind the Switch's Hidden NES Golf Game
Having recently entered the Early Access stage of development, we go hands-on with the latest build of id Software's Quake Champions.
Fraggin' Good Times - Hands-On with Quake Champions
3d Printing Circuit Boards, from a Brisbane startup
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
37520 posts
So I've mentioned ilab EX1 and allows you to quickly and easily prototype integrated circuits and print them on a variety of materials, including paper.

They launched their kickstarter this morning and have already hit their target. Pretty awesome.

I've been working with the team a little bit over the last year; frankly as they were doing a hardware project I felt I didn't have a lot of useful stuff to offer them but they're a great team who have basically taken what was an idea they had while doing their engineering degrees at uni and turned it into an actual real world product that they're now able to sell to users.

Go check it out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cartesianco/the-ex1-rapid-3d-printing-of-circuit-boards

Here's their launch video:

Here's a watch they printed on fabric:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/266/319/160614315dcfc03401e75a278280fb12_large.jpg?1383287824
10:44am 12/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:44am 12/11/13 Permalink
demon
Brisbane, Queensland
7300 posts
that looks very cool & congrats to them for getting their target so quickly.

it will be interesting to see how the technology develops. at the moment it is not so useful for me due to the minimum pitch of 1.27mm.. that is very chunky in the pcb layout world. hopefully it will develop further to get finer resolution.

(edit) hehe ... like the $7k donation description ....

MEET THE FOUNDERS - Get a collector's edition kit plus a picnic in the park with us, launching rockets, flying quadcopters, and all the other fun stuff we love to do. Flights not included

quads & rockets! cool!
11:30am 12/11/13 Permalink
jmr
Brisbane, Queensland
8105 posts
Cool

Average over $600 per backer! Solid involvement from friends and family it would seem
11:39am 12/11/13 Permalink
BOOST
Brisbane, Queensland
619 posts
Very cool

Hey demon do you have experience developing PCB's? I'm trying to get one made atm
12:35pm 12/11/13 Permalink
demon
Brisbane, Queensland
7301 posts
Very cool

Hey demon do you have experience developing PCB's? I'm trying to get one made atm

hey boost, yep, that's pretty much what i do... layout pcbs :) do you have pcb cad files or just a schematic?
01:44pm 12/11/13 Permalink
BOOST
Brisbane, Queensland
620 posts
I'll PM ya dude
02:04pm 12/11/13 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1464 posts
How long until someone prints a penis shaped circuit board?
05:35pm 12/11/13 Permalink
ph33x
Thailand
658 posts
They should go further and look at printing the substrate as well so you can have multi-layered PCB prototypes straight from the printer.
06:32pm 12/11/13 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
37526 posts
They should go further and look at printing the substrate as well so you can have multi-layered PCB prototypes straight from the printer.
I think that might be on their TODO list. It seems like a logical extension to this is integrating it fully into a 3d printer so you can build objects that have ICs directly on them that you basically just plug a battery into.

Getting closer to a cornucopia machine!
01:00pm 13/11/13 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
37557 posts
$117,368 - pledged of $30,000 goal! Pretty awesome.
10:15am 19/11/13 Permalink
koopz
Brisbane, Queensland
10151 posts
no reddit / slashdot link ?
09:42pm 21/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:42pm 21/11/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.