The next-generation of videogame graphics will be defined by real-time ray-tracing. From Cyberpunk 2077 to Dying Light 2, we go through the ray-traced games on the horizon.
Real-Time Ray-Tracing and The Next-Gen Games We’ll Play
Hideo Kojima's latest looks wonderful running on a modern PC rig, and it's still as weird and strange and alluring as ever.
Death Stranding on PC - A Stunning Odyssey by the Oddity
From mash-up to sampling to festival culture and dance music, Harmonix’s latest puts player choice and expression front-and-centre.
FUSER - Harmonix Sets its Sights on Festival Lights
The latest June 2020 quarterly update on Diablo IV is a treasure trove of new info, so let’s break it down.
Diablo 4 Update – Open World, Events, Legendary Gear, and More
New smart phone on the market
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
4499 posts
If you haven’t heard of Oppo before now, then the company’s latest smartphone should make you sit up and take notice.

http://www.digitaloppo-n1-camera-phone-announced

So what makes the Oppo N1 standout? There are three interesting, unusual features on the phone, and we’ll start with the camera. Fitted to the N1 is the world’s first rotating camera. Oppo clearly didn’t like the idea of putting a less capable camera lens above the screen when there is a perfectly good one on the back, so it built a 206-degree rotating module and put a 13-megapixel camera inside, so it can perform both tasks. If all this wasn’t enough, the Oppo N1 has a massive 5.9-inch IPS display with a 1080p resolution, a 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon 600 processor, 2GB of RAM, a choice of 16GB or 32GB memory, and a hefty 3610mAh battery. The chassis is an aluminum unibody with a ceramic finish. Perhaps the only disappointment is the lack of 4G LTE connectivity, and the fact it weighs 213 grams.
09:53pm 24/09/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:53pm 24/09/13 Permalink
Vash
3853 posts
No 4G? Big fail.
10:28pm 24/09/13 Permalink
trillion
Brisbane, Queensland
3295 posts
yes, but would you buy what you're spruking, craycraymorton?

also does it blend?
10:47pm 24/09/13 Permalink
Tyoson
Perth, Western Australia
165 posts
Sounds nice. The fact that it's running on an Android OS is also nice. Things like protective cases will be hard to come by locally though.
10:49pm 24/09/13 Permalink
glynd
Melbourne, Victoria
1044 posts
Cyanogenmod is a very nice touch too
10:50pm 24/09/13 Permalink
Ha
256 posts
No 4G? Big fail.

i have a galaxy s4 that i use exclusively for internet access and i notice zero difference between 4g, 3g and whatever the f*** else it uses. please elaborate why this is a massive issue for you or anyone
10:52pm 24/09/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
22200 posts
becuz 4g is liek sooooo tomorrows tech and anything less would be like back to the stone age. How will I make duckfaces and share the photos of me and my girlfriends without teh 4g? liek if you cry evry tiem
11:11pm 24/09/13 Permalink
Rdizz
Germany
2476 posts
dat camera, perfect for snapping shots of hotties on the train or some sweet up skirts.

YEAH?!
03:18am 25/09/13 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
10232 posts
Now this sounds like an interesting device, I like the touchpad idea. Any ETA on price?
07:47am 25/09/13 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
4500 posts
yes, but would you buy what you're spruking, craycraymorton?

I don't buy phones, I've been in jobs for over 10 years where phones are supplied. Never bothered with a personal phone.

Any ETA on price?

December. On their own store from memory.
07:55am 25/09/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:55am 25/09/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.