The Elder Scrolls Online journeys back into Skyrim with the latest Chapter - Greymoor. Where eveything both above and below ground, is not what it seems.
The Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor and the Journey Back to Skyrim
We sit down with members of the development team to talk about the past, present, and future of Hearthstone.
Blizzard on Hearthstone’s Massive Year of the Phoenix
After the excellent Resident Evil 2 remake from last year the third game in the series gets a similarly impressive visual makeover.
Resident Evil 3 Review - Action-Packed Remake Falters
We've taken a stab at our 10 best games to play when in the middle of a crisis. From recent hits to gems we keep coming back to.
The Good Place - Finding Your Videogame Comfort Zone
My First MakeyMakey :)
Mantis
Brisbane, Queensland
1139 posts
Finally got around to grabbing myself a MakeyMakey and from the 5mins play i have had at work so far, it's pretty cool.

I turned my spoon into a space key, and drew W, A, S, D and SPACE on a piece of paper with a pencil and made a game controller.

Not sure what to try next, suggestions?

For those that don't know what a MakeyMakey is, it's a circuit board that has a heap of connectors (WASDFG, space, mouse movement/click and arrow keys). You conenct from board to something that conducts (alligator clips), conect boards earth to you, then plug board into USB/computer. So then when you touch the object, you complete the circuit and that event is sent to PC. Simples.

http://makeymakey.com/ for more info.
08:59am 03/06/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:59am 03/06/13 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7886 posts
You broke physics. My head hurts. :(
09:50am 03/06/13 Permalink
jesu
Brisbane, Queensland
729 posts
How does it go interfacing with a PC? How do you control actions?
I remember seeing the video a while ago and though this was pretty cool.
01:46pm 03/06/13 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
11275 posts
How does it go interfacing with a PC? How do you control actions?

It says it's built on arduino so if you know arduino (and it's piss easy) you can use those features, and you can see the little USB plug in the photos to connect it to your PC.
01:51pm 03/06/13 Permalink
Mantis
Brisbane, Queensland
1140 posts
Board has USB connector to PC (and acts like a keyboard or mouse, no drivers needed). Board also has a bunch of places where you alligator clip wires and each of those places sends a special event/key to the PC when the circuit is complete (there is also a connector to the "earth" of the board).

Anything can be used to complete the circuit from your body, to clay, to water, to pencil drawings.

You don't need to know/do any programming, or know anything about electronics (apart from knowing that a circuit needs an unbroken loop of conducting substance to close, and thus trigger event on board). Apart from that, just plug and play and see what you can create/invent. :)

http://revolutionflame.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Working-Principle-Makey-Makey.jpg
02:26pm 03/06/13 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
4625 posts
This is f*****g great. I had never heard of it before.

Thanks for the heads up Mantis :)
02:44pm 03/06/13 Permalink
Phooks
Brisbane, Queensland
2571 posts
neato. Cheers mantis, would be really handy to use this in my neuro reseach
02:55pm 03/06/13 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
4172 posts
what a cool little gadget. Technology is getting so awesome I wish i could hang around another 100 years
06:15pm 03/06/13 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
11278 posts
nobody lives for 200 years
07:18pm 03/06/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:18pm 03/06/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.