The Elder Scrolls Online journeys back into Skyrim with the latest Chapter - Greymoor. Where eveything both above and below ground, is not what it seems.
The Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor and the Journey Back to Skyrim
We sit down with members of the development team to talk about the past, present, and future of Hearthstone.
Blizzard on Hearthstone’s Massive Year of the Phoenix
After the excellent Resident Evil 2 remake from last year the third game in the series gets a similarly impressive visual makeover.
Resident Evil 3 Review - Action-Packed Remake Falters
We've taken a stab at our 10 best games to play when in the middle of a crisis. From recent hits to gems we keep coming back to.
The Good Place - Finding Your Videogame Comfort Zone
Robot Vacuum Cleaners
ara
Sydney, New South Wales
3646 posts
So after doing some research and talking to some of my mates that already have them, I picked up a robot vacuum cleaner yesterday and so far I am impressed. It is a Samsung Navibot S 8980.

Samsung Navibot S SR8980

http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/flagship/VCR8980L4K/flagship/images/img-max-01.jpg

I live in a single story house with hardwood floors with 2 pets so it sounded like the perfect solution to the amount of fur/hair they and my gf drops. After I kicked it off yesterday afternoon it slowly navigated the whole house as it cleaned. The 8980 has a base station to charge it but it also empties the hopper and cleans the pick up brush on the unit. This is something I was waiting for in a unit because it allows it to to be scheduled to run daily without me needing to remember to empty it out daily.

While it navigated the house and cleaned away, which really needed a good vacuum at the time, I was watching some TV, so it is pretty quiet. Every now and again it would make a B line back to its base station to empty out its hopper at which time I would need to pause what I was watching for a minute or 2 while the cyclonic vacuum in the base station cleaned out the robot. It would then return to where it was and start cleaning again.

It came with 2 little IR beacons to set in areas you don't want it to go and also a remote control to manually navigate and program it. I set one of these beacons up in my office as I didn't want it going in there. The other beacon is just spare atm.

http://www.lg.com/au/images/vacuum-cleaners/vr5902lvm/gallery/medium01.jpg

Some of my mates have the LG RoboKing (link) and they were giving it really good reviews, but because it doesn't have scheduling or the ability to empty itself I wasn't too keen on it. They empty it first, then kicking it off before leaving for work or telling it to start with a 3 hour delay but i was after a more automated solution.

Anyone else have any experience with these guys?
09:28am 26/04/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:28am 26/04/13 Permalink
cJay
Brisbane, Queensland
1341 posts
Robot cleaners f*** yeah, about time.
09:31am 26/04/13 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
35585 posts
09:42am 26/04/13 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3609 posts
Once i have the cash i wanna try one of these.
09:57am 26/04/13 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
8206 posts
How much did you pay for it?
Samsung have an RRP of $1,299

>.<
11:08am 26/04/13 Permalink
Opec
Brisbane, Queensland
7782 posts
Looks cool. Does it do a pretty decent job?
11:10am 26/04/13 Permalink
ara
Sydney, New South Wales
3648 posts
How much did you pay for it?
Samsung have an RRP of $1,299

>.<

got them down to under 900
11:13am 26/04/13 Permalink
demon
Brisbane, Queensland
7139 posts
lols @ the shark cat chasing the duck :p

pretty cool device! how well does it clean in tight corners & right up against the walls?

i could def see myself getting one of these just so ppl stop giving me s*** about how dusty my house is!@#
11:18am 26/04/13 Permalink
WirlWind
Central Coast, New South Wales
711 posts
Robot cleaners f*** yeah, about time.

But they don't look as good as that sexy french maid.
11:36am 26/04/13 Permalink
ara
Sydney, New South Wales
3649 posts
lols @ the shark cat chasing the duck :ppretty cool device! how well does it clean in tight corners & right up against the walls?i could def see myself getting one of these just so ppl stop giving me s*** about how dusty my house is!@#

it is pretty good at getting itself into the corners and running along the edge of walls. it does a pretty good job but i don't think it is a replacement for a real vac, but it will definitely let me bush out my DC1 less often.
12:03pm 26/04/13 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1212 posts
12:57pm 26/04/13 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
11106 posts
It needs a little arm that comes out and does the sucking. The robot itself being the vacuum head is silly.

When you do vaccuming, is the vacuum your own shoes? no. Do you stand on a vacuum like a skateboard?
01:03pm 26/04/13 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20805 posts
03:37pm 26/04/13 Permalink
3x0dus
Townsville, Queensland
1753 posts
It needs a little arm that comes out and does the sucking. The robot itself being the vacuum head is silly.

@_@ ?? Your almost always going to walk/roll over a part you vacuumed anyway.
04:21pm 26/04/13 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
11108 posts
'almost always' is just a fancy way of saying 'not always'
04:48pm 26/04/13 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10923 posts
OPERATION VACUSUCK
04:54pm 26/04/13 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
10153 posts
Look at their shape.
Pretty obvious where that technology came from...
05:36pm 26/04/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21757 posts
there's way too much s*** in my house for one of these :(

how well do you think it would go in a house that's pretty open but there's lots of furniture? There's all manner of tables and chairs & free standing book cases, along with a floor that goes from carpet to hard tile. I'm almost tempted to get one purely for the entertainment value of watching it vs my cat :)

OPERATION VACUSUCK

suck SUCK S U C K!
10:12pm 26/04/13 Permalink
iTOM
Brisbane, Queensland
1306 posts
FYI https://www.amazon.it have these for $665 delivered
10:50pm 26/04/13 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
5820 posts
FYI https://www.amazon.it have these for $665 delivered

Amazon probably wont delivery to AUS because of warranty issues. So doesnt count.
10:56pm 26/04/13 Permalink
iTOM
Brisbane, Queensland
1307 posts
they occasionally don't ship items because of contracts with companies. where shipping is not restricted, they will ship. this is unrestricted
11:02pm 26/04/13 Permalink
koopz
Brisbane, Queensland
10004 posts
Looks cool. Does it do a pretty decent job?

nah dude they don't from what I've seen

we contract to various elderly/disabled homes @work and see these things a lot now in people's units

they're about as good as a second hand $25 dollar vacume cleaner from the 1970s

though I like what they're trying to do here.. I hope they get better. I don't want to be doing this s*** for my parents.. That's what Infi and his people are for ;)
12:16am 27/04/13 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19817 posts
it will be great to get more reliable technology for menial tasks like cleaning. that way aged care providers will be able to invest more into enriching resident lifestyle.
12:49am 27/04/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21758 posts
it will be great to get more reliable technology for menial tasks like cleaning. that way aged care providers will be able to invest more into enriching resident lifestyle.

or the useless government could stop taxing the f*** out of everything so people can have higher wages, businesses can make more money and hire more people to clean and more people to care for the elderly.
11:33am 27/04/13 Permalink
carson
Gippsland, Victoria
1845 posts
I want one of these they are so cool, when I graduate uni and start earning the $$ I will get one. How quiet are they?

Look at their shape.
Pretty obvious where that technology came from...

Where?
11:54am 27/04/13 Permalink
Fish
Brisbane, Queensland
3025 posts
Do either of those do the retarded bump-into-walls-like-a-game-of-pong-for-2-hours-and-hope-that-the-house-is-clean thing that the roomba does? I've been looking at the Neato Robotics' offerings lately due to price and it has lasers! Actually, it has a LIDAR....
03:22pm 27/04/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21759 posts
Where?

uranus
04:08pm 27/04/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:08pm 27/04/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.