How NVIDIA Geforce RTX powered laptops empower you to make your home a place of work, play, or something in-between.
The Power to Work, The Desire to Play - with NVIDIA
The Wii original gets the Nintendo Switch remaster treatment and the results confirm just why this series is one of the best.
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is Role-Playing Gold
With the recent release of Fallout 76: Wastelanders, we sat down with Bethesda Game Studios to discuss its development, the original launch, and the road ahead.
Fallout 76 - The Big Interview
An entry level take on a well-worn genre that after a few hours will have you heading for the exit.
Minecraft Dungeons Review - Between a Block and a Hard Place
Samsung Galaxy S4 - live blog
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3980 posts
for those that may be upgrading soon or general interest

http://live.theverge.com/samsung-galaxy-s4-liveblog/
10:47am 15/03/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:47am 15/03/13 Permalink
Rdizz
Germany
2357 posts
mmm its pretty cool and has a heap of new features over the s3 (dual cam would be my fav) but im not really sold to upgrade from my s3.

This is the phone comparasion thats like having a gtx 690 or a pair of gtx 680's.
11:16am 15/03/13 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8760 posts
I think I'll be grabbing this instead of the Nexus 4, though I presume it won't be anywhere near the cheap unlock price that the Nexus holds.
11:19am 15/03/13 Permalink
eski
Perth, Western Australia
1438 posts
its a f*****g phone.
11:21am 15/03/13 Permalink
Damo
Brisbane, Queensland
6435 posts
Hosts were completely c**** that I wanted to tortute.

Some cool features, ripped off ipad sleep cover rebadged S3. All up i'm not blown away.
11:37am 15/03/13 Permalink
Ha
93 posts
its a f*****g phone.
12:13pm 15/03/13 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1263 posts
its a f*****g phone.

yep... I feel like I am the only one who still uses my phone exclusively to talk and text... I now have an original galaxy which I only got because my blackberry of 3 years kicked the bucket...
12:13pm 15/03/13 Permalink
evıs
Brisbane, Queensland
6629 posts
They are not just phones any more you stupid ass trolls. Even if you have no interest in purchasing one you should take some interest in the fact that this is the cutting edge of what is available in the world of smartphones of which the market is huge. The s4 has an acceptable list of improvements and it is being released at a time when other manufacturers are releasing their competitors to the s3. If you want the best phone (and plenty of people fall into that category) then this is the phone you will want to get. It is also a good indicator of things to come and I for one am excited about the prospects.
12:28pm 15/03/13 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1267 posts
I for one am excited about the prospects.

I bet angry birds is going to kick ass on 8 cores.
12:35pm 15/03/13 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
7516 posts
this is the cutting edge of what is available in the world of smartphones of which the market is huge

This. I normally don't give a s*** about phones, but samsung has been doing some crazy cool stuff with eye/face/whatever tracking over the last year or two - while apple seems to have given up on serious R&D, instead focusing more on litigation in their business model while they push incremental products out just to stay afloat.

Also, the S4 seems to be one of the first devices with 802.11ac support.
01:41pm 15/03/13 Permalink
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
10255 posts
I got the Sony xperia z which was released yesterday. Was tempted to wait for the Samsung but I don't like the look of it. The Sony looks boss.
04:01pm 15/03/13 Permalink
maRtz
Brisbane, Queensland
3880 posts
I think Apple need to make a bold move and produce something quite radical if they want to be king of smartphones.
04:17pm 15/03/13 Permalink
Lithium
Rockhampton, Queensland
378 posts
No significant new features to warrant an upgrade from my s2. At this rate we are probably looking at an s6 upgrade if this one holds out til then.
04:29pm 15/03/13 Permalink
groganus
Brisbane, Queensland
2508 posts
The s4 has an acceptable list of improvements and it is being released at a time when other manufacturers are releasing their competitors to the s3.

I agree, However i am well and truly over samsungs innovative features being only useful with there piece of s*** bloat ware on top of the android o/s.

I love my S3, its as powerful as i need it to be, but it only became a good phone after i rooted and replaced the room with something more stock.

For this reason I will likely head down the google nexus line for my next purchase and stick with a stock OS over features i don't need or software that is crap.
04:36pm 15/03/13 Permalink
Rdizz
Germany
2358 posts
what bloatware?? im not sure but i bought my s3 outright, no carrier from amazon and its great. snappy and clean with no extra crap i dont need. I only disabled a few apps that came with it and that was it
06:13pm 15/03/13 Permalink
groganus
Brisbane, Queensland
2509 posts
All the Samsung apps are bloatware...
06:38pm 15/03/13 Permalink
DK
Brisbane, Queensland
820 posts
The ir control feature seems cool
06:43pm 15/03/13 Permalink
Rdizz
Germany
2360 posts

such as?
10:22pm 15/03/13 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
7233 posts
I have a brand new Nexus 4 in the box for sale, check my thread or pm me for details.
07:23am 16/03/13 Permalink
exo
Sydney, New South Wales
9054 posts

Aaaaahahahahahahaha. Go buy a Nexus and fellate Matias Duarte while you're at it. OEMs are responsible for making Android what it is today. Stock Android didn't even have WiFi tethering until it was introduced in HTC's Sense.

You're an edge case and a tiny percentage of the market. "Useful features" are not bloatware you chucklef***.
10:36am 16/03/13 Permalink
Vash
3701 posts
The reaction to this is interesting on some news sites and these forums. Samsung are trying to improve the phone, and beat competitors, and people start saying, "it's just a phone" or, it has too many features.

The only direction i dont like that they're going is increasing the screen size with each new galaxy release.
11:12am 16/03/13 Permalink
exo
Sydney, New South Wales
9055 posts
Sure, bigger screen size but the phone is physically smaller.

S III: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6mm and 133g
S 4: 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9mm and is 130g
11:31am 16/03/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21561 posts
03:29pm 17/03/13 Permalink
f**les
Brisbane, Queensland
6086 posts
When can I buy one and will it support Telstras 4g?
03:38pm 17/03/13 Permalink
exo
Sydney, New South Wales
9056 posts
April apparently, and yes.
11:13pm 17/03/13 Permalink
f**les
Brisbane, Queensland
6088 posts
Thanks Mate
11:23pm 17/03/13 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6458 posts
yep... I feel like I am the only one who still uses my phone exclusively to talk and text... I now have an original galaxy which I only got because my blackberry of 3 years kicked the bucket...
The 1990's called, they want their 2g network back.

A real response is, i think i spend probably 2 hours a day on my phone, but my last actual phone calls total in under a couple of dozen this year (almost all from my cars bluetooth), and i've sent only a few SMS's too. Data is by and far more efficient and flexible. I'm not speaking for everyone, but if you just want a phone capable of 2g stuff, go create a different thread. Do you go posting in shoe forums because you can't understand their culture? Or Bodybuilder forums because you don't work out and you think noone else should?

You want gun control relaxed so you can have a shotgun to protect your lawn with while you're at it?

I don't get people who just walk into a thread where they have zero interest in the topic and then presume their input is going to be anything greater than not having said anything at all..
12:42am 18/03/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21568 posts

Someone needs to create a way to get custom firmware onto phones so you can have only the features you need and none of the extra crap that manufacturers put on there.
12:52am 18/03/13 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3814 posts
I think Apple need to make a bold move and produce something quite radical if they want to be king of smartphones.

other than OS, they have never done anything radical

also, pretty sure they (apple) haven't gotten over 20% of market share and that has been slipping
03:28am 18/03/13 Permalink
step
Brisbane, Queensland
2518 posts
The only direction i dont like that they're going is increasing the screen size with each new galaxy release.
Bigger screen whilst still being a smaller phone (marginally). How is that a bad thing?
09:11am 18/03/13 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36816 posts
other than OS, they have never done anything radical
Yes, other than the extremely radical thing that they did that completely upended the market on mobile phones and changed the way we look at "computing" for ever, they have not done anything radical
09:20am 18/03/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:20am 18/03/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.