The Elder Scrolls Online journeys back into Skyrim with the latest Chapter - Greymoor. Where eveything both above and below ground, is not what it seems.
The Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor and the Journey Back to Skyrim
We sit down with members of the development team to talk about the past, present, and future of Hearthstone.
Blizzard on Hearthstone’s Massive Year of the Phoenix
After the excellent Resident Evil 2 remake from last year the third game in the series gets a similarly impressive visual makeover.
Resident Evil 3 Review - Action-Packed Remake Falters
We've taken a stab at our 10 best games to play when in the middle of a crisis. From recent hits to gems we keep coming back to.
The Good Place - Finding Your Videogame Comfort Zone
New PC, opinons.
^rza
Brisbane, Queensland
617 posts
Good evening ladies and gents,

As per the subject i am looking to spend around 1k - 1300 (monitor included). Primarily just want it for surfing and playing some games. Diablo, upcoming FPS (black ops and whatnot).

Ill be honest. I havent researched a lot and its been awhile since i upgraded so i was hoping you delightful lot would spoon feed me.

Im looking at a couple of setups from umart. In your opinion are the following setups good value for money? Are there any mentioned components that might be a bit dodge, known for being faulty? Finally, would any of the components be worth spending a little more to get a better brand considering im shelling 1-1.3k (I know that is generally not a lot to spend on a new setup but im just using it for some games and surfing, not trying to bring down skynet).

Product Description:
Intel Core i5 3450 CPU - 3.1Ghz
Gigabyte / ASUS Z77 MotherBoard
8G (2x4G) DDR3-1600MHz RAM
500G SATAIII 7200RPM Hard Disk
22X DVD Burner
ATI HD 7770 1G Graphics Card (maybe thinking bout changing this card, havent really been a fan of ATI previously)
Thermaltake V4 Mid Tower Case with 500W PSU
1 Years return to base Warranty

Price - $789

or

Product Description:
Intel Core i7 3770K CPU - 3.5GHz
Gigabyte / ASUS Z77 MotherBoard
8G (2x4G) DDR3-1600MHz RAM
1TB SATAIII 7200RPM Hard Disk
Blue Ray Combo Drive
Nvidia GTX560 1G Graphics Card
Antec Three Hundred Case
CoolerMaster GX 550W 80+ PSU
1 Years return to base Warranty

Price - $1159

Monitor wise, was just gonna grab that samsung that was recommended to paveway in a thread a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for the help, expect a glossy christmas card from me this year.

06:56pm 28/05/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:56pm 28/05/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2839 posts
i5, the sandy vadge is still a good chip, or ivy bridge, no need for the K version if you're not overclocking (and really there isn't much need) call it around 200

board, something that holds a chip, ram and video card, factor 150 - 200, other will have more knowledge on this subject

ram, 8g around $70

with the video card, I would honestly grab a gtx 550 and wait 6months for the 660 to come out (reason being the 550 will run those games, but seeing that the 680 uses about the same amount of power as the 560 long term it might be better to wait)

I would be grabbing a better PSU, maybe a 750+ or at least a 650

the rest of the built it good, you might find it worth the hassle of grabbing a cheap ssd 60g and using intel smart response, it will make boot times so much better (so much that i now turn my PC off, as it isn't a long wait to boot)
07:15pm 28/05/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:15pm 28/05/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.