The Elder Scrolls Online journeys back into Skyrim with the latest Chapter - Greymoor. Where eveything both above and below ground, is not what it seems.
The Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor and the Journey Back to Skyrim
We sit down with members of the development team to talk about the past, present, and future of Hearthstone.
Blizzard on Hearthstone’s Massive Year of the Phoenix
After the excellent Resident Evil 2 remake from last year the third game in the series gets a similarly impressive visual makeover.
Resident Evil 3 Review - Action-Packed Remake Falters
We've taken a stab at our 10 best games to play when in the middle of a crisis. From recent hits to gems we keep coming back to.
The Good Place - Finding Your Videogame Comfort Zone
New Computer Help!
Wombats
1 posts
Hey there,
I'm looking for a new desktop computer that will be mainly used for MMOs such as WoW, diablo, Guild wars 2 and other such games, but also for schoolwork and general browsing.
I have a $1300 budget, but that price must include:
The actual box
A monitor
Windows 7 OS

Now I know the cheaper option is to get the parts, but I have no computer building experience or am aware of anybody who would do it for me, plus, my dads not too keen on just buying the parts without knowing a place that will build it for me.

So far all I've managed to find that might be good would be;
http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/carbon-carbon-intel-core-2600-6870-bonus-monitor-p-56499.html?sort=2a

but I want to know if anybody with more experience knows places that sell boxes for cheaper or something.
P.S very much more preferable if can buy on pickup in the Melbourne area, not even sure if I would be able to order one (dad just does not understand at all)

Any and all help appreciated!
Edit: located in Melbourne..
06:12pm 18/05/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:12pm 18/05/12 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
4225 posts
Where are you actually located? Someone close by might know of a good computer store.

Umart is awesome, if you're close.
06:17pm 18/05/12 Permalink
Wombats
3 posts
Where are you actually located? Someone close by might know of a good computer store.

Umart is awesome, if you're close.

Yeh so i can use Umart!

If somebody could post a build there for me that includes a monitor and windows 7 OS or tell me a good build of what to get that will all equal up to 1300$ plus building price would be so great!
07:34pm 18/05/12 Permalink
andrewus
Brisbane, Queensland
2747 posts
where about are you located mate? someone close by on the forums could probably help out more than just point you at a computer store.
If you are north brisbane - I'd be happy to help you out
08:01pm 18/05/12 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
2273 posts
i think we should have a Build of the month thread.
each month the best and cheapest of available parts
08:20pm 18/05/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5869 posts
Whirlpool already have that and it's usually pretty up-to-date and accurate.
08:23pm 18/05/12 Permalink
andrewus
Brisbane, Queensland
2748 posts
also atomic mag do all this
08:24pm 18/05/12 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3054 posts
the one you linked looks fine for your purposes, plus you get a 'bonus 24" monitor'.

go for that one.
10:23am 19/05/12 Permalink
koopz
Brisbane, Queensland
9654 posts
Any and all help appreciated!
Edit: located in Melbourne..

the simple answer is to buy a Dell XPS (or better) with the 3yr warranty. They'll send a techy around to migrate all your data off the old machine to the new one if you request it. It seems weird writing that actually - I can remember when I 1st started doing that work and it was just always part of the package.

the complicated answer gets even more complicated the more people you talk to 'who know computers'.

learn about computers and build your own one to get best results.

09:34pm 19/05/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:34pm 19/05/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.