The next-generation of videogame graphics will be defined by real-time ray-tracing. From Cyberpunk 2077 to Dying Light 2, we go through the ray-traced games on the horizon.
Real-Time Ray-Tracing and The Next-Gen Games We’ll Play
Hideo Kojima's latest looks wonderful running on a modern PC rig, and it's still as weird and strange and alluring as ever.
Death Stranding on PC - A Stunning Odyssey by the Oddity
From mash-up to sampling to festival culture and dance music, Harmonix’s latest puts player choice and expression front-and-centre.
FUSER - Harmonix Sets its Sights on Festival Lights
The latest June 2020 quarterly update on Diablo IV is a treasure trove of new info, so let’s break it down.
Diablo 4 Update – Open World, Events, Legendary Gear, and More
Apple Mac techs?
koopz
Brisbane, Queensland
9634 posts
do we have any Apple tech in the mix here in the forums?

Yeah I know - you're not allowed to say you are one due to your (somewhat wordy and frightening) contract that you sign when you get your Mac certifications.

I'm up for mine soon @work, and wondering if it really is worth the grief, expense and time. Do the Mac Certs actually pay off in our country?

Do you have someone Mac Certed (any level) on your staff, and does that really matter day to day?

02:09am 30/04/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:09am 30/04/12 Permalink
Infidel
Netherlands
3895 posts
I don't see why you'd bother. Far more useful to do the redhat courses.
02:30am 30/04/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
746 posts
When staff bring their macs into work and complain that the network and printer don't work, I simply put the windows 7 CD and a key on their desk.

FIXD

no mac cert required.
08:09am 30/04/12 Permalink
Crusher
Sydney, New South Wales
1108 posts
Yeah I know - you're not allowed to say you are one due to your (somewhat wordy and frightening) contract that you sign when you get your Mac certifications.
So doing a qualification contractually prevents you from telling anyone you have said qualification?

How do people find them, telepathy? Or is there an app for that.
08:38am 30/04/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
652 posts
If youre mac is playing up, just throw it out and get a new one.
09:03am 30/04/12 Permalink
demon
Brisbane, Queensland
6801 posts
ahh.. i think you'll find that macs "just work" ;)
no fixing is ever required!
09:09am 30/04/12 Permalink
Tiny
Brisbane, Queensland
3239 posts
Mac users should fix there own problems. Should be a compulsory part of owning a MAC. If you want to be a retard who can't use a windows PC and won't bother to learn then handle your own MAC issues!. lol.
09:32am 30/04/12 Permalink
tspec
Melbourne, Victoria
3490 posts
Wouldn't think Mac certs would matter in the corporate world too much at this stage, I have come across several people with Mac certs in the last 6 months though but working for contracting IT companies that do a lot of large scale mac deployments in schools.
10:18am 30/04/12 Permalink
gamer
2442 posts
Tiny I just printed out your post onto a large poster and hung it in the lunch room on all floors. Brilliant ;)
11:06am 30/04/12 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
972 posts
I've supported Mac's in a Windows domain before, they aren't as painful as previously thought.

It also helped that the crew we had using them (graphics/publications dept) had time and patience to troubleshoot their own problems...

Not what I'd call a 'normal' experience (the part where the users themselves take the initiative to fix their problems), but supporting them was a breeze typically becuase they were 80-90% correct about their issue by the time I came into the problem, so I'd simply fix the windows side of the problem.

Koopz where are you doing your cert?
I'm interested in getting into this space, despite it not really being a necessity.
11:49am 30/04/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12892 posts

haha lols, I was thinking the same thing
12:16pm 30/04/12 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
6577 posts
the first rule of being a mac tech is...
12:23pm 30/04/12 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
5447 posts
Tell everyone how much you love mac's while pretending you're impartial?
01:06pm 30/04/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
12363 posts

Haha very good
01:08pm 30/04/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
19823 posts
Mac users should fix there own problems. Should be a compulsory part of owning a MAC. If you want to be a retard who can't use a windows PC and won't bother to learn then handle your own MAC issues!. lol.

If you want to be a retard who can't use a mac, and won't bother to learn then stick to your PC.

See what I did there? Irrational mac hate eh? Were you molested by an apple as a child? Also THEIR. l2spell.

@koopz, do you HAVE to get a certificate in macology? If not then why bother? Will it earn you more phatt lewts? I'd say just keep going how you're going.
06:53pm 30/04/12 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
13111 posts
Do you get to call yourself a 'genius'?

Surely worth that title, just so everyone knows you really are an arrogant f***head.
08:15pm 30/04/12 Permalink
kos
Germany
2033 posts
Why don't you just marry macs if you love them so much Whoop?
08:24pm 30/04/12 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
13112 posts
Were you molested by an apple as a child?

Yes. An Apple IIe in our school library.

I DONT F*****G KNOW WHERE CARMEN SANDIAGO IS. STOP ASKING ME.
08:39pm 30/04/12 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
6937 posts
Yes. An Apple IIe in our school library.

Oh god my suppressed memories are coming out.

F*** you.
08:41pm 30/04/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
19830 posts
Why don't you just marry macs if you love them so much Whoop?

What makes you think I haven't?
09:02pm 30/04/12 Permalink
kos
Germany
2035 posts
What makes you think I haven't?

TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE.

Wait... what?
09:37pm 30/04/12 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
5454 posts
I worked for a company called digital genius. I tried to never answer a phone that way. It's a totally unrealistic expectation only useful to sales staff when they're saying "our digital genius support team can assist you".

http://www.digitalgenius.com.au/

shudder
09:49pm 30/04/12 Permalink
HerbalLizard
Brisbane, Queensland
5523 posts
I did look at doing the ACMT since we had plans at my old work becoming an Apple Authorized Service Provider or AASP or as I refereed to it as: An AnuS Pounding.

Worth it not really, and also the ACMT does not make you a authorized agent to action warranty s*** so unless you going to also become some form of service agent (which I actually was at the time) then yeah don't even bother. We also looked hard at buying out the other AASP in the region. After some decision it really wasn't worth the effort.

FYI was was doing some xsan stuff and helping fix f***ed editing rigs when I was in Queesntown and I would get all manner of odd s*** come through my service dept. Even some QGL and OCAU members kits too

10:45pm 30/04/12 Permalink
simul
Brisbane, Queensland
1352 posts
Do a unix cert, will cover 90% of Mac software issues anyway. And the hardware is covered under Apple enterprise warranty.

last edited by simul at 06:23:27 01/May/12
06:21am 01/05/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
748 posts
I worked for a company called digital genius. I tried to never answer a phone that way. It's a totally unrealistic expectation only useful to sales staff when they're saying "our digital genius support team can assist you".

http://www.digitalgenius.com.au/

shudder

Do those people in the header really work there? or is that a stock photo? :P
08:19am 01/05/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4744 posts

As a law enforcement official, I started to get angry at the judicial system.
Here I was, doing the hard yards of tracking criminals across international boundaries and the courts just seemed to bounce whoever I'd nabbed on a technicality because I'd be out there catching the same folks again within hours or days!
08:25am 01/05/12 Permalink
tspec
Melbourne, Victoria
3493 posts
Oh, semi related to this thread, I came across this article the other day.

http://www.techpowerup.com/164894/Apple-10-Years-Behind-Microsoft-on-Security-Kaspersky-Lab.html
08:55am 01/05/12 Permalink
Jim
12854 posts
apple users are too busy saying 'virus lol' to worry about malware
09:49am 01/05/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:49am 01/05/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.