The Elder Scrolls Online journeys back into Skyrim with the latest Chapter - Greymoor. Where eveything both above and below ground, is not what it seems.
The Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor and the Journey Back to Skyrim
We sit down with members of the development team to talk about the past, present, and future of Hearthstone.
Blizzard on Hearthstone’s Massive Year of the Phoenix
After the excellent Resident Evil 2 remake from last year the third game in the series gets a similarly impressive visual makeover.
Resident Evil 3 Review - Action-Packed Remake Falters
We've taken a stab at our 10 best games to play when in the middle of a crisis. From recent hits to gems we keep coming back to.
The Good Place - Finding Your Videogame Comfort Zone
Huge announcement from NVIDIA china in two days
gamer
2430 posts
http://www.geforce.co.uk/whats-new/articles/its-coming-countdown/

Oh man this kinda thing just tickles my teaser parts sooo much...

What could it be??? What could it beeee??
09:36am 27/04/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:36am 27/04/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9489 posts
That they're gonna stop flogging the geforce brand?

Though from wikipedia it could be this?
Future

The Maxwell architecture, the successor to Kepler, will have for the first time an integrated ARM CPU of its own (project Denver); allegedly this will make Maxwell GPU more independent from the main CPU. Maxwell was announced in September 2010 and is expected to be released in 2013 or later. Nvidia also mentioned the Einstein architecture, the alleged successor to Maxwell. Nvidia only revealed the name, as of April 2012 no further information is known about the Einstein architecture.
09:39am 27/04/12 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
4530 posts
From china? knowing their record on bootlegs and total "don't give a s*** about copyright" attitude, it wouldn't surprise me if they announced the Nvodia 6800.
10:15am 27/04/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12889 posts
From china? knowing their record on bootlegs and total "don't give a s*** about copyright" attitude, it wouldn't surprise me if they announced the Nvodia 6800.

why would their copyright attitude make a difference when they own the Nvidia brand?

my guess is they'll try and pimp some new line of hardware that has twice as many GPUs or something equally as unimpressive
11:01am 27/04/12 Permalink
gamer
2431 posts
Ye of little faithe Teq :-P
11:10am 27/04/12 Permalink
gamer
2432 posts
11:24am 27/04/12 Permalink
Damo
Brisbane, Queensland
6051 posts
Just me or is that counter wrong?

April 28th is tomorrow so why is it saying 11 days?

Is it 11 days till you can buy whatever it is?
12:20pm 27/04/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
18940 posts
Sure the system time on your PC isn't screwy? Cos its probably just going by that. It says 2 days for me
12:23pm 27/04/12 Permalink
Damo
Brisbane, Queensland
6052 posts
Shoosh khel, nothing to see here.

haha
12:27pm 27/04/12 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
13095 posts
We will be making an announcement in Shanghai so tune into this commercial UK website...heh

I hate these kinds of countdown things. They really bore me.
12:31pm 27/04/12 Permalink
casa
Brisbane, Queensland
4600 posts

damo: It says 1 day you mong, put your glasses on
pinky: remember the last itunes one? Count down until they release beatles music on their s***** platform? YYAAAAAAAAAAAAA nar.

last edited by casa at 12:34:13 27/Apr/12
12:32pm 27/04/12 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
4533 posts
Shipping a crowbar to people and then starting a countdown clock only makes you think of HL3, anything else will be a disappointment.
12:37pm 27/04/12 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
13098 posts
It's an announcement about GFX cards ffs.

So they make an announcement - then what? You still can't get anything. They are better off announcing when the product has been shipped IMO.
12:51pm 27/04/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
6397 posts
Half Life 3 voucher with GTX 670's. Though the voucher is only allowed to be redeem on the expected release of 2020.
01:02pm 27/04/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7378 posts
i bet its..

the chinese government has taken over supreme leadership and will from now on only ship GPU's that are used to crack NSA algorithms while you try to play your s***** BF3

followed by evil dictator laugh MUAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

/end thread
04:13pm 27/04/12 Permalink
Damo
Brisbane, Queensland
6053 posts
Epic fail for the live video stream.
12:36pm 29/04/12 Permalink
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
13086 posts
Heh, figures they wouldn't be able to get a stream happening properly.

Anyway, sounds like the announcement is just either a lower-priced GTX 670, a dual-GPU GTX 690 or both http://uk.hardware.info/news/27439/nvidia-gtx-670-to-launch-simultaneously-with-gtx-690 rumoured to start retailing on May 10th.
12:50pm 29/04/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
12362 posts
Anyway, sounds like the announcement is just either a lower-priced GTX 670, a dual-GPU GTX 690 or both http://uk.hardware.info/news/27439/nvidia-gtx-670-to-launch-simultaneously-with-gtx-690 rumoured to start retailing on May 10th.

Huge! Magical!

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
12:52pm 29/04/12 Permalink
Damo
Brisbane, Queensland
6054 posts
01:02pm 29/04/12 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
5442 posts
More like Massive Props to nvidia for making an announcement that just says "we'll tell you later" and it being so widely spread that people actually care.

How many generations of video cards have there been? I mean nvidia generall have a 2 generation approach; even generation gets the new architecture, the odd generation gets the new die process (like from 32 to 22nm etc). Meaning that one gets a massive improve performance over last gen, and the next one has massive lower heat so it can be pushed further.

But this isn't news. It's olds. It's 100% expected. You don't even need a press release other than "we're shipping exactly what you think on date x".

But hey, their marketing is working and that'll sell more than amd/ati.

edit: this chinese stream is hilarious - talking about fantastic massive popularity chinese games. 1 million players. 2 million players. Wait how much does WoW have? BF3? MW3? Rofl.
01:03pm 29/04/12 Permalink
t
Brisbane, Queensland
176 posts
This stream is like watching a train crash. The chat is hilarious though
01:25pm 29/04/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
743 posts
Announcement fail ... 'the GTX 6... 90?' he said it like a question lol.
01:42pm 29/04/12 Permalink
scuzzy
Brisbane, Queensland
15337 posts
haha "an actual fan" with blades that are "scientifically deigned"

edit: "the first graphics card with it's name imprinted on the graphics card itself" what is this f*****ry?

last edited by scuzzy at 13:44:03 29/Apr/12
01:42pm 29/04/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
744 posts
"Who would like a gtx690?"
*3 people cheer*
01:44pm 29/04/12 Permalink
bepatient
Melbourne, Victoria
962 posts
Wow I don't know what is going on. The comments on the side are at times hilarious though
01:57pm 29/04/12 Permalink
bepatient
Melbourne, Victoria
963 posts
03:11pm 29/04/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
6442 posts
4GB single card. Holy moly.
03:55pm 29/04/12 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
2199 posts
how much
03:56pm 29/04/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9500 posts
At a MSRP of $999, it's not a graphics card for everyone. But for enthusiasts who demand the very best and gamers who want a graphics card that will last for generations, the GeForce GTX 690 represents the ultimate in gaming from NVIDIA.
04:01pm 29/04/12 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
8781 posts
will be down to $500 in 6months
04:14pm 29/04/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
19809 posts
my cards already have enough weight on them that I propped them up with paddlepop sticks to stop them sagging. The last thing we need is cards with aluminium housings.

Also windows? what the hell? Didn't windows in cases go out of style 10+ years ago? LED lit laser etched card name?

Ok, get rid of all that s***, and just give me a card that runs fast, with no fancy crap to hamper cooling/rendering performance. THAT is what gamers and "enthusiasts" want. The only people who want all that fancy s*** are posers who buy the best crap just so they can say hey look what I got, while the real power users sit there laughing at them. Like when someone buys a super car and everyone laughs at them when they have to get their trophy wife to get out and help push it off a speed bump.
04:23pm 29/04/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
6443 posts
I think I might get that. Worthy of an upgrade if it's going to last forever and ever. And also 3 monitor support on one card is amazing.
05:44pm 29/04/12 Permalink
Gibster
Melbourne, Victoria
71 posts
I think I might get that. Worthy of an upgrade if it's going to last forever and ever. And also 3 monitor support on one card is amazing.

AMD cards have supported this for some time now....
06:48pm 29/04/12 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
10196 posts
haha best analogy whoop
07:15pm 29/04/12 Permalink
HurricaneJim
Brisbane, Queensland
1137 posts
Like when someone buys a super car and everyone laughs at them when they have to get their trophy wife to get out and help push it off a speed bump.

Because people with super cars take them places with speed bumps........not

Of course they still have the car and the trophy wife, where you have........

nothing that could even match it......
07:26pm 29/04/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
20386 posts
It's been two days. So what's this awesome news?
07:36pm 29/04/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2661 posts
AMD cards have supported this for some time now....

yeah, but from what I understand the support for three monitors only works depending on what time of the month it is, and how badly they f***ed the drivers that week
08:40pm 29/04/12 Permalink
DK
Brisbane, Queensland
682 posts
yeah, but from what I understand the support for three monitors only works depending on what time of the month it is, and how badly they f***ed the drivers that week

What a crock of s***

Had to return my first piece of computer hardware the other day. Nvidia card stopped outputting signal 6months in. LoL lags after an hour of gameplay cause of s***** nvidia drivers. didnt happen with my amd card.
09:11pm 29/04/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
18945 posts
Yeah, I changed to an nvidia card with my last upgrade, theres a reason people give crap to ati's drivers, its because they actually are s***.

For example (one of many), there had been a bug in the drivers for at least 18 months (probably more because it was happening to cards that existed before mine) that would max the GPUs out at 100% when they were doing nothing, and the only way to fix it and stop your card from cooking itself was to reboot the computer. I'd hazard a guess and say that bug probably still isn't fixed.
09:51pm 29/04/12 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
7820 posts

What's with all of the crying about AMD's drivers? I've been on AMD for about a year now, and the drivers have never once broken anything. I've also had 3 monitor output working perfectly for a few months as well. Care to enlighten me?

What was this amazing announcement? Was it anything more than the 690, which everyone would have expected to be coming anyway?
09:53pm 29/04/12 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
5445 posts
Care to enlighten me?

Just let me google that for you
Don't forget to click "more results from" because usually there's 20+ per major site!

Edit: There's a lot of negativity because obviously midda, there's a lot of people who don't have problems. But aa 30% failure rate still means there's 70% of people who see no problems. I've had problems with AMD cards in the past. And from responses here complaining about nvidia 'drivers' they sound more like hardware problems than driver issues. PS hardware problems are bad obviously - but they're often a result of a bad vendor like buying a POS card brand. These are things which you return the card and get a refund buying another one identical from another brand would 100% fix. That's not an nvidia issue, that's a maker issue.

Also a driver won't degrade the performance of a video card over time. That's likely heat. Heat does that. Not a driver. Drivers don't say "no 30minutes have past, i'll just go on break". No.
10:07pm 29/04/12 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
13107 posts
I agree with Whoop. Function over form, please.
10:44pm 29/04/12 Permalink
Captain Lateral
Brisbane, Queensland
4512 posts
skythra, they get 20 million results, nvidia get 18million, what are you trying to prove?

but they're often a result of a bad vendor like buying a POS card brand.
perhaps ATI driver issues are often caused by the same thing?

I've been an ATI/AMD fanboy for a while to be honest. i've had problems but no more than what i've experienced with nvidia hardware.

10:50pm 29/04/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:50pm 29/04/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.