The Elder Scrolls Online journeys back into Skyrim with the latest Chapter - Greymoor. Where eveything both above and below ground, is not what it seems.
The Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor and the Journey Back to Skyrim
We sit down with members of the development team to talk about the past, present, and future of Hearthstone.
Blizzard on Hearthstone’s Massive Year of the Phoenix
After the excellent Resident Evil 2 remake from last year the third game in the series gets a similarly impressive visual makeover.
Resident Evil 3 Review - Action-Packed Remake Falters
We've taken a stab at our 10 best games to play when in the middle of a crisis. From recent hits to gems we keep coming back to.
The Good Place - Finding Your Videogame Comfort Zone
Earphones for exercising
Reality
Sydney, New South Wales
387 posts
So I stepped on my flimsy logitech $25 UE100 while in a rush to answer the phone. now the little things are in pieces, like bread crumbs, so sad :(

but with every crisis comes opportunity (crisitunity) now I need to buy a new pair of earphones (or headphones) that I can use all the time, during any activity. including strenuous exercise. if you have any that fit the description and aren't easy to break, please recommend so i can buy, ears are feeling lonely :(
02:34pm 26/04/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:34pm 26/04/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
18926 posts
I've got a pair of these, they're comfortable enough to wear and have good sound and no matter what you're doing they aren't going to fall off (which was the main thing I got them for). Also has a little volume adjuster thingy that can clip on your sleeve or shirt or whatever if thats your deal.
02:38pm 26/04/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9484 posts
who else clicked on the logitech link hoping to see the earphones he was talking about?
02:41pm 26/04/12 Permalink
Reality
Sydney, New South Wales
388 posts
i did it by hand just for you thermite :D
02:46pm 26/04/12 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
12580 posts
You can opt out of viglink adds. A quick Google will show you how legitimately.

I truly hate links superimposed over someones writing. Generally people link words to interesting things (what they think are interesting at least), so I find it a rather insulting form of advertisement.

02:46pm 26/04/12 Permalink
dranged
Melbourne, Victoria
2002 posts
I have a couple of these. They're excellent. I sweat like Pat Rafter and these go out on 50k rides weekly. Battery gives about 3 hours playback. Cost $35 for a retail pack from Amazon. Hands free works really well, you just talk normally and everything sounds aok on the other end. Occasional Syncing issues but otherwise fantastic for $35.
03:05pm 26/04/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9485 posts
oh wow toll, thanks!
03:06pm 26/04/12 Permalink
Tiny
Brisbane, Queensland
3234 posts
I have had this exact same problem at the gym for a long time. Was seriously considering a thread such as this but now I have this one!

Those headphones look great Khel. Exactly what I have been looking for. Now to find a cheaper version of those :P. They are a bit pricey.
03:07pm 26/04/12 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
5330 posts
03:08pm 26/04/12 Permalink
DoCZero
Melbourne, Victoria
101 posts
03:18pm 26/04/12 Permalink
RockitMan
Brisbane, Queensland
6394 posts
I have an earlier model (better looking) version of these: http://www.sony.com.au/product/nwz-w262

They're off the hook for exercise - no cords! Sound is good too, battery life huge, easy drag and drop mp3'ing folder.
03:29pm 26/04/12 Permalink
Tiny
Brisbane, Queensland
3235 posts
Can someone recommend something that doesn't cost 70 $ a pair.
03:30pm 26/04/12 Permalink
Outlaw
Gold Coast, Queensland
1920 posts
04:14pm 26/04/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12887 posts
You can opt out of viglink adds. A quick Google will show you how legitimately.

I truly hate links superimposed over someones writing. Generally people link words to interesting things (what they think are interesting at least), so I find it a rather insulting form of advertisement.

you sir are a gentlemen and a scholar
04:19pm 26/04/12 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
13089 posts
Yeah, if the links were smarter and linked to the actual products being talked about, that would be good. But just company links, meh.
04:32pm 26/04/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
7738 posts
I have a pair of these Bose IE2. They are good in that they don't fall out when jogging, and external noise still gets in. So they are no good for the train, but are great for a lunch time jog.
05:12pm 26/04/12 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
6930 posts
I've got a pair of these, they're comfortable enough to wear

I had the Sennheiser PMX 680, but returned it for the following reasons:

1. No external sound blockage at all. Great if you're running on the road and still need to hear traffic. Terrible if you go to a gym where the first thing other people do is turn the TV on and put the volume on full.

2. The main cable coming from the headphones is too short and needs to be clipped onto a shirt if you don't want to hear cable swinging noises while running. Funnily enough the secondary cable coming out of the volume control towards your music device is long. Should have been the other way around! Many of the reviews on sites complain about the same problem.

3. I didn't find them comfortable whatsoever.
05:21pm 26/04/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
15003 posts
dunno how you can wear headphones while exercising. they would annoy the s*** out of me.
05:21pm 26/04/12 Permalink
no you hang up
Brisbane, Queensland
2034 posts
^ better than ear-buds falling out all the time.
05:37pm 26/04/12 Permalink
jmr
Brisbane, Queensland
7692 posts
I've had the bose ones but they drove me mad because sweat would drip through the molded silicone earpiece and deep into my ear. They do sound epic though

Currently I am just using apple ones while riding and running but I am going through them like nothing else, they are not too happy with sweat

Those sennheiser ones look good khel - they're not the ones that actually create a tight seal are they? (can't wear those because my left ear is perf'd and hurts if I increase the pressure like those do)

Tiny as if that is expensive for headphones?
06:16pm 26/04/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
18932 posts
they're not the ones that actually create a tight seal are they? (can't wear those because my left ear is perf'd and hurts if I increase the pressure like those do)

Nah, they don't create a seal or anything like that, they're essentially like ear buds on a frame that wraps around your ears/head and keeps them in place.
06:27pm 26/04/12 Permalink
XxDEATH SN1PAxX
Brisbane, Queensland
10 posts
i have no idea what brand my earphones are but they seem to be unkillable and work well with decent bass, they have a brown look to them with tiny holes in the back for bass but have the right side earphone cable twice the length of the left earphone, its sort of strange really.
11:52am 30/05/12 Permalink
mooby
Brisbane, Queensland
6130 posts
08:50pm 30/05/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
19989 posts
I've got some senheisser things that I use while at work. They fit in my ears and also act like earplugs and block out the sounds from all the noisy machinery. Combine them with an actual pair of earmuffs and I can't hear a bloody thing (other than music). Great for when I'm feeling antisocial.

Never tried stepping on them though.
09:04pm 30/05/12 Permalink
shad
Brisbane, Queensland
3729 posts
I just use my Seinheisser CX300II when I run. And by run I mean when I use to run.
09:57pm 30/05/12 Permalink
sparrow
Brisbane, Queensland
1681 posts
These are currently on catch of the day. Waterproof sounds good, though not all reviews are great.
10:14pm 30/05/12 Permalink
Jc_23
Brisbane, Queensland
786 posts
Grabbed some Teac (I think?) $25 bud type earphones from Jb in town yesterday - they were great with nice bass and external noise cancellation until they somehow fell off into a drain about 4 minutes later heh. Easy come easy go, clearly not good for excercising though - as you were. :)
06:18am 31/05/12 Permalink
do0b
Brisbane, Queensland
4335 posts
diddy-beats have awesome sound quality and they are in-ear so don't accumulate too much sweat. i just saw them on catch of the day as well for cheap: http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/smallfish_info.php?products_id=47941

seriously awesome sound quality.
12:45pm 03/06/12 Permalink
Phooks
Brisbane, Queensland
2313 posts
Get something with warranty.

My ATH A900 broke last week (not the jack) and audio technica australia doesn't cover puchases from amazon. They're only a few months old ffs
01:54pm 03/06/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:54pm 03/06/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.