The Elder Scrolls Online journeys back into Skyrim with the latest Chapter - Greymoor. Where eveything both above and below ground, is not what it seems.
The Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor and the Journey Back to Skyrim
We sit down with members of the development team to talk about the past, present, and future of Hearthstone.
Blizzard on Hearthstone’s Massive Year of the Phoenix
After the excellent Resident Evil 2 remake from last year the third game in the series gets a similarly impressive visual makeover.
Resident Evil 3 Review - Action-Packed Remake Falters
We've taken a stab at our 10 best games to play when in the middle of a crisis. From recent hits to gems we keep coming back to.
The Good Place - Finding Your Videogame Comfort Zone
external battery for macs
Damo
Brisbane, Queensland
6038 posts
Is there such a thing as external batteries for macbook airs?

Only thing I can find is hyperjuice and I don't want to cut up a good magsafe cable.
10:41am 22/04/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:41am 22/04/12 Permalink
HerbalLizard
Brisbane, Queensland
5516 posts
There used to be a whole bunch of these which had the native mag safe connector but apple got hissy about the their magsafe IP =(

10:54am 22/04/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12872 posts
a friend of mine went on a holidays to Canada, he used the batteries from his cordless drill and hacked them to a magsafe connector
had his laptop the whole flight
03:15pm 22/04/12 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
10182 posts
usual buy a mac: pay more get less.
because the form over function of not being able to change your battery is sooo important

how about next time you fork over a whole heap of dosh you get something fit for purpose?
03:21pm 22/04/12 Permalink
koopz
Brisbane, Queensland
9625 posts
Is there such a thing as external batteries for macbook airs?

the device runs off USB power, so yes

I use gadgets from Dealextreme.com for my car equipment. They have kits for all kinds of Apple tech.

They're cheap, poorly made (sometimes) though they do the job.

Keep in mind, recharging a computer via a ciggy socket is on the the worst things you can do to your smartphone/tablet/laptop.

03:25pm 22/04/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12874 posts
usual buy a mac: pay more get less.
because the form over function of not being able to change your battery is sooo important

how about next time you fork over a whole heap of dosh you get something fit for purpose?

cry a little bit more, when was the last time you needed to use a laptop for more than 7 hours without being anywhere near a power plug?
my MBP is now a year old and I can still use it constantly for 7 hours without a charge

Keep in mind, recharging a computer via a ciggy socket is on the the worst things you can do to your smartphone/tablet/laptop.

use an inverter, it's wasteful in terms of efficiency but you get what you pay for with a good pure sinewave inverter
03:29pm 22/04/12 Permalink
Damo
Brisbane, Queensland
6039 posts
Plane doesn't have power points for laptops. Well it does for business and premium economy but no economy.

Hardware, got your rags or something?
04:38pm 22/04/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
19762 posts
Would you need a pure sinewave inverter for the plug pack? I get that you'd want one with a PC but wouldn't the internal battery smooth out any power fluctuations? Or would it just fry the plugpack?
05:43pm 22/04/12 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
10183 posts
i've always got my rags damo
06:12pm 22/04/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
6782 posts
06:41pm 22/04/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:41pm 22/04/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.