The Elder Scrolls Online journeys back into Skyrim with the latest Chapter - Greymoor. Where eveything both above and below ground, is not what it seems.
The Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor and the Journey Back to Skyrim
We sit down with members of the development team to talk about the past, present, and future of Hearthstone.
Blizzard on Hearthstone’s Massive Year of the Phoenix
After the excellent Resident Evil 2 remake from last year the third game in the series gets a similarly impressive visual makeover.
Resident Evil 3 Review - Action-Packed Remake Falters
We've taken a stab at our 10 best games to play when in the middle of a crisis. From recent hits to gems we keep coming back to.
The Good Place - Finding Your Videogame Comfort Zone
Please help... Is there a new Console System made for AUS or (PAL) F...
Shamrock
Brisbane, Queensland
1 posts
Hi all Great Forum i love it. If i have put this Question in the wrong section i am sorry.. I have a question i can not get an answer to i want to buy a new system that will play all my games like the RETRON 3 SUPER has in America but i can not find anything like it in Australia i can buy one from America but it is NTSC and i have been told will not play all my PAL games . Has anyone seen anything like this for AUS users or does anyone know if anything like this was made for AUS or do we just miss out like allways . Also did any company make any kind of new Console for old games that is compatible for AUS?.

Thanks for any info you can give me as i said so far i can not find any info on this but im sure someone else has attempted to obtain one and might have had more luck.

Thanks guys Shamrock.
10:07pm 18/04/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:07pm 18/04/12 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
6462 posts
You're better off emulating on your PC. The accuracy and compatibility of these clones is about a decade behind emulation on PC. If you want to be able to use SNES controllers or save data from your SNES carts, buy a Retrode.
11:34pm 18/04/12 Permalink
Shamrock
Brisbane, Queensland
2 posts
I do have all of my games on emulators on the PC but i love to play them on my big tv with original controllers also. But that Retrode thing is kick ass never knew they had them. Thanks for the info Mantorok very helpful.

Cheer shamrock
03:37pm 19/04/12 Permalink
Deviouz
Melbourne, Victoria
227 posts
04:03pm 19/04/12 Permalink
tspec
Melbourne, Victoria
3473 posts
I bought a Retro Duo last year, it's worked with everything I've thrown at it so far, PAL and NTSC.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/games/b76e/

04:17pm 19/04/12 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
6463 posts
Really? I've read the Retro Duo can't run Starwing properly.
04:51pm 19/04/12 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
2977 posts
i've played NTSC games on my xbox..

i thought it was region coding that stops you playing a game not output type?

i'd be asking some questions about this.
04:53pm 19/04/12 Permalink
tspec
Melbourne, Victoria
3474 posts
Haven't tried Starwing as yet. I think I may have it somewhere, if I find it I'll fire it up and see what happens.
04:55pm 19/04/12 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
6464 posts
i thought it was region coding that stops you playing a game not output type?
"Internally, a regional lockout chip (CIC) within the console and in each cartridge prevents PAL region games from being played on Japanese or North American consoles and vice versa. The Japanese and North American machines have the same region chip."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System#Regional_lockout
05:18pm 19/04/12 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
5391 posts
Well if we could handle american/jap i'd totally get http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAME-CENTER-CX-2-Japan-Book-Retro-Game-TV-Program-Arino-Kacho-Famicom-RARE-/220935593058#ht_8431wt_972

I wish more gamecenter cx was subtitled. I really find it super entertaining.
05:36pm 19/04/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
05:36pm 19/04/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.