The Elder Scrolls Online journeys back into Skyrim with the latest Chapter - Greymoor. Where eveything both above and below ground, is not what it seems.
The Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor and the Journey Back to Skyrim
We sit down with members of the development team to talk about the past, present, and future of Hearthstone.
Blizzard on Hearthstone’s Massive Year of the Phoenix
After the excellent Resident Evil 2 remake from last year the third game in the series gets a similarly impressive visual makeover.
Resident Evil 3 Review - Action-Packed Remake Falters
We've taken a stab at our 10 best games to play when in the middle of a crisis. From recent hits to gems we keep coming back to.
The Good Place - Finding Your Videogame Comfort Zone
Where to get strobe/Lighting for karaoke party!?
Jimbo
Brisbane, Queensland
855 posts
I need some strobes/ lasers and moving colourful lights.

Please point in the appropriate direction

also, whats the go with having these things timed by a sound sensor etc???

cheers
01:30pm 11/04/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:30pm 11/04/12 Permalink
gamer
2370 posts
jaycar have all you need. don't skimp on the strobe if you want it to last more then one night.
01:33pm 11/04/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8667 posts
Jaycar sells them i think ? at aspley.
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=SL2990

You should just get a Karaoke DJ.
They have tons of experience at making Partys fun and prolly carry a lot of gear like strobes.

01:35pm 11/04/12 Permalink
gamer
2371 posts
That's the exact strobe I brought and had it fail on the first night... twice (brought another one, that failed first night too). After that I brought something alot more expensive then that from jaycar and it's still going hard.

last edited by gamer at 13:41:54 11/Apr/12
01:39pm 11/04/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9391 posts
There are plenty places that will hire this sort of stuff if you want more elaborate lighting, smoke machines, lasers etc...
01:42pm 11/04/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8668 posts
http://www.jaycar.com.au/ShowLargephoto.asp?id=8878&PRODNAME=4 Colour Light Chaser - Sound Modulated&IMAGE=

Wouldnt mind getting one of these for guitar jamming.
then i need a smoke machine lol
01:46pm 11/04/12 Permalink
demon
Brisbane, Queensland
6763 posts
store dj.. they have mad lasers.

most of the lasers/lights have an audio input to get them to trigger from the music.
01:58pm 11/04/12 Permalink
HurricaneJim
Brisbane, Queensland
1111 posts
Just crank up the tunes past 11:30PM and you'll get plenty of red and blue strobes..
02:00pm 11/04/12 Permalink
Splash
Brisbane, Queensland
2691 posts
That's the exact strobe I brought and had it fail on the first night... twice (brought another one, that failed first night too). After that I brought something alot more expensive then that from jaycar and it's still going hard.

bought
bought
bought!!!!

unless you're bringing all this stuff from somewhere..
04:11pm 11/04/12 Permalink
SquarkyD
Brisbane, Queensland
6164 posts
05:33pm 11/04/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
20298 posts
Go to Jaycar. They're cheap and they work awesomely plus they have a nice range of them.

Funny story though. Last year I had a party type thingy around my place and I had some lasers and a strobe going off. This dumb b**** decided to start jumping around and she pulled one of the lights down off the bracket. I was pretty angry so I went over to her and slapped the s*** out of her face. She didn't even blink. She said her boyfriend beats her all the time and there was nothing I could do that would hurt her.

So I thought to myself. Maybe girls hang out with losers who beat them because they have low self esteem and that's all they're used to.
07:34pm 11/04/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
2946 posts
You slapped her face? Wow.
07:39pm 11/04/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
20299 posts
You slapped her face? Wow

So what? No one cares anyway.
07:40pm 11/04/12 Permalink
f**les
Brisbane, Queensland
6040 posts
Hahaha Rev, putting the fun in funny!

Any decent strobe needs a fair bit of power. try to keep it on a separate circuit if possible so if it trips a safety everything else will keep on humming.

and we all like a good humming amirite?

The lights/lasers/strobes with inputs are to link them to the other units and/or for control units where someone can control them in real time or record sessions for certain songs.
When a song comes on it will automatically play your pre-recorded session depending on the control unit.

Most have mics inbuilt which you can set to respond automatically to the music. -my favourite as they can be quite good.
Grab leads to join them for the best effect, set one to master and the others to slave so they stay in sync.
Make the master one that isn't super close to a speaker but obviously close enough so you don't have to turn the mic sensitivity up so much that it also responds to people yelling etc.
08:27pm 11/04/12 Permalink
Rdizz
Brisbane, Queensland
1910 posts
you can rent some serious gear pretty cheap from skypak if they are still around.. they were at albion years ago.
09:08pm 11/04/12 Permalink
Jimbo
Brisbane, Queensland
857 posts
thanks guys! rent sounds good too.... or what will i do with this s*** after???
09:46pm 11/04/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
727 posts
thanks guys! rent sounds good too.... or what will i do with this s*** after???

Just hire them, I got a laser, strobes, smoke machine and a bunch of assorted colourful lights for about $250/weekend a few years ago...
06:56am 12/04/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:56am 12/04/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.