The Elder Scrolls Online journeys back into Skyrim with the latest Chapter - Greymoor. Where eveything both above and below ground, is not what it seems.
The Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor and the Journey Back to Skyrim
We sit down with members of the development team to talk about the past, present, and future of Hearthstone.
Blizzard on Hearthstone’s Massive Year of the Phoenix
After the excellent Resident Evil 2 remake from last year the third game in the series gets a similarly impressive visual makeover.
Resident Evil 3 Review - Action-Packed Remake Falters
We've taken a stab at our 10 best games to play when in the middle of a crisis. From recent hits to gems we keep coming back to.
The Good Place - Finding Your Videogame Comfort Zone
Asus Padfone - Android phone/tablet combo
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
35879 posts
This looks pretty neat - the Asus Padfone is a new phone/tablet combo thing that allows you to combine your phone with a tablet and a keyboard depending on what funtionality you need at any given time. Sort of like Voltron.

Sorry for the lame video but it's the only official one I can find in a 2 second Google.

Runs Android 4.0 (ICS).

Official site is here: http://www.asus.com/Mobile/PadFone/

Anyone played with one of these?
03:36pm 16/03/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:36pm 16/03/12 Permalink
bepatient
Melbourne, Victoria
903 posts
Looks really, really cool. But that music was horrible.
03:39pm 16/03/12 Permalink
jmr
Brisbane, Queensland
7650 posts
I knew those two were banging

Cool idea
03:41pm 16/03/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
5860 posts
CNet also have a hands on preview but sadly can't embed. The handset is huge, though the plus is they both run Android ICS 4.0. I can see it being useful for people who don't have a smartphone or looking to replace one as well as getting a tablet thrown in, otherwise just get the Transformer Prime really, does the same job but without a phone.
03:41pm 16/03/12 Permalink
Outlaw
Gold Coast, Queensland
1706 posts
Music made me feel
http://i.imgur.com/XJDWP.gif
03:56pm 16/03/12 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
2470 posts
Kind of s*** how they make it so you need all 3 products for it to be worth while. Would be cool if there was a standard interface between tablet, phone and keyboard dock, so if you had a HTC phone you could integrate it with an ASUS tablet and a Razer keyboard dock or something.
03:59pm 16/03/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
19529 posts
^^ Yeah like what apple has with their screen extender thing (I think that's how it works, I don't have an ipad or an iphone).
06:43pm 16/03/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9215 posts
Pity you can't *really* use android as a laptop/pc OS even if you have the hardware
such a lie

my girlfriend came running out of the bathroom to find out what awesome music I was listening to when i played that video :/

last edited by thermite at 18:55:31 16/Mar/12
06:54pm 16/03/12 Permalink
icewyrm
Brisbane, Queensland
2460 posts
Just think, if that guy at 1:10 had spilled his wine he could have wrecked a phone, tablet and keyboard dock thingie all at once!

That aside, I don't really see any point in putting one device inside another one - wouldn't it be better just to sync the state between the devices over wifi or such? I guess the one benefit is combined battery capacity/sync speed?

And if you were carrying around both a phone and a tablet, wouldn't you just use one of said devices to route 3g over wifi if you only wanted to have 1 sim/data plan?

I can see alot of wanker director/managerial types buying these types of devices though. It kinda reminds me of those folks that pay $1500 for a tiny crappy performance 12" laptop without sufficient ports to connect peripherals, then spend $600 on a docking station for work and another 600$ for one at home. When they could have just bought a desktop and a normal laptop and synched their s*** for half the price.
08:56pm 16/03/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
5863 posts
Pity you can't *really* use android as a laptop/pc OS even if you have the hardware
such a lie

my girlfriend came running out of the bathroom to find out what awesome music I was listening to when i played that video :/last edited by thermite at 18:55:31 16/Mar/12

Man Android on my computer would be awesome. Though really that would just be Linux...
08:59pm 16/03/12 Permalink
WetWired
Brisbane, Queensland
5969 posts
man asus needs to get a new marketing team, the asus transformer was a cool piece of tech too and the promo video for it was vomit worthy

11:06pm 16/03/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:06pm 16/03/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.