The Elder Scrolls Online journeys back into Skyrim with the latest Chapter - Greymoor. Where eveything both above and below ground, is not what it seems.
The Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor and the Journey Back to Skyrim
We sit down with members of the development team to talk about the past, present, and future of Hearthstone.
Blizzard on Hearthstone’s Massive Year of the Phoenix
After the excellent Resident Evil 2 remake from last year the third game in the series gets a similarly impressive visual makeover.
Resident Evil 3 Review - Action-Packed Remake Falters
We've taken a stab at our 10 best games to play when in the middle of a crisis. From recent hits to gems we keep coming back to.
The Good Place - Finding Your Videogame Comfort Zone
Need help finding a rice cooker
Chester
Queensland
32 posts
Hey Guys

I know there are a few food buffs on here and thought someone might be able to help. My crappy rice cooker died recently and I am looking to get a better quality one. I have done my research and I am chasing a Tiger JNP-S10U.

I can't seem to find it anywhere to buy it in Australia at the moment. Does anyone know where I might find one? Prefferably in QLD so I could go to a shop and grab it, if not I don't mind ordering it online.
03:31pm 20/02/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:31pm 20/02/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9008 posts
The best one is from a brand called 'saucepan'.

No wait I'm confused, it is a saucepan. You noob!
03:34pm 20/02/12 Permalink
Chester
Queensland
33 posts
I am yet to meet anyone who can make rice as well as a rice cooker with as much effort. I don't have time to be sitting there stirring rice, I have better things to do...
03:36pm 20/02/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2284 posts
just duck into myer and get overcharged for a kenwood
03:37pm 20/02/12 Permalink
mission
Brisbane, Queensland
8374 posts
Do absorption method, set and forget for 12 odd minutes.

But I am anti kitchen appliance, most people already have everything you need, the cost cost $'s, take up space, and then you turf them after it sits in the cupboard unused... like a bread maker.

last edited by mission at 15:41:21 20/Feb/12
03:38pm 20/02/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9009 posts
In my house you either go absorption if you want it proper, or 2 minute microwave rice if you're lazy. Who needs another bulky thing in the kitchen that does exactly one thing* :/

*Unless it's your mum.

last edited by thermite at 15:42:06 20/Feb/12
03:41pm 20/02/12 Permalink
shad
Brisbane, Queensland
3635 posts
- Put rice and water in container
- Put container in microwave for 10 minutes
- Stir and put lid on
- Cook for another 10 minutes
- Profit
03:42pm 20/02/12 Permalink
Outlaw
Gold Coast, Queensland
1518 posts
03:43pm 20/02/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8341 posts
have you heard of the Thermomix ?

http://www.thermomix.com.au/

03:44pm 20/02/12 Permalink
m3nt4l
Brisbane, Queensland
2459 posts
Can you make rice pudding in a rice cooker?
03:47pm 20/02/12 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
8559 posts
I don't have time to be sitting there stirring rice, I have better things to do...
Well there's your problem, you don't stir rice.

Absorption method is so easy and produces perfect rice, it's no more effort than using a rice cooker.
03:48pm 20/02/12 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
8673 posts
lols who stirs rice

03:51pm 20/02/12 Permalink
Chester
Queensland
34 posts
Will try this tonight and if it works well enough I won't be buying a rice cooker. It I fail, I will still be looking for one :P
03:52pm 20/02/12 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
8560 posts
It works best with a heavy pot and make sure the lid is tight.
03:53pm 20/02/12 Permalink
Chester
Queensland
35 posts
Dont you just end up with a s***-ton of rice stuck to the saucepan with the absorption method ??
03:53pm 20/02/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5527 posts
A Rice cooker is basically the absorbtion method, so you have the same problem.
03:58pm 20/02/12 Permalink
m3nt4l
Brisbane, Queensland
2460 posts
How the hell can you screw up cooking rice so badly you need a special appliance for it?
03:58pm 20/02/12 Permalink
Captain Lateral
Brisbane, Queensland
4414 posts
Need help finding a rice cooker

need one of these.
http://i51.tinypic.com/xdwlc8.jpg
03:59pm 20/02/12 Permalink
Saint
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
3146 posts
Rice cookers rock, set and forget ftw.
04:01pm 20/02/12 Permalink
jmr
Brisbane, Queensland
7611 posts
Q: Where can I find this particular rice cooker

A: (Faceman) Buy this $2000 Thermomix
04:01pm 20/02/12 Permalink
Chester
Queensland
36 posts
A Rice cooker is basically the absorbtion method, so you have the same problem.

Far from it. The non stick inner bowl makes cleaning ridiculously easy. This is one of the main reasons I like using it soo much.
Could always get a non stick saucepan instead of the stainless cheaper one that I have.
04:02pm 20/02/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5528 posts
How is that different? Just because you use an inferior pot for 1 of them doesn't make it different.
04:04pm 20/02/12 Permalink
Chester
Queensland
37 posts
I was talking about cleaning. The non stick is easy to clean. My saucepan is a b**** to clean if I cook rice in it.

Maybe if I bought a non stick saucepan it wouldn't be soo hard to clean and I wouldn't need the rice cooker....
04:08pm 20/02/12 Permalink
orbitor
Brisbane, Queensland
8806 posts
you don't need to clean anything unless you've overcooked the water out of the rice, or left all the rice sitting in the saucepan after cooking it.
04:16pm 20/02/12 Permalink
Alize`
Brisbane, Queensland
1637 posts
Rice cookers are so good. You just put the rice in and it magically just cooks it and keeps it hot. Forget about it, cook your other food and holy s*** man there's rice just waiting for you there to go with that food you've always wanted to eat with rice!!!!!~
04:20pm 20/02/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2285 posts
are you for real chester,

honestly, kenwood, good guys, clive peters, hardly normal, etc, not f*****g hard to work out

otherwises homeart, aldi, crazy clarks etc for something that is easy and does the job!
04:20pm 20/02/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12589 posts
came in to comment about absorption method

GOOD JOB TEAM

ps. it's spelled absorption, not absorbtion - true story
04:22pm 20/02/12 Permalink
TicMan
Melbourne, Victoria
7741 posts
Just buy the cheapest one at K-Mart/Target/Big W.. expensive ones die just as often as the cheap ones.
04:27pm 20/02/12 Permalink
Chester
Queensland
38 posts
are you for real chester,

HEY NUMPTY.... I am looking for a specific brand 'Tiger'.... read the post before you post your useless 2 cents.

Ticman. I have heard Tiger's on average last upwards of 5 years or more and they are the ones places like hanachi's use. Either way it looks like I am trying some more saucepan cooking first to see how I go.
04:38pm 20/02/12 Permalink
mission
Brisbane, Queensland
8375 posts
^ use roughly 1.5 cups of water to 1 cup rice (check the pack).

Bring to boil then turn to super low and let simmer for 12 or so minutes (again check pack). Don't take the lid off during cooking. When cooking time elapsed, turn off, remove from heat if you don't have gas. You can leave lid on to keep warm after cooking finished.

Serve.

Profit.

If it's too gluggy you've used too much water, to hard and a bit crunchy, not enough water.
04:53pm 20/02/12 Permalink
Chester
Queensland
39 posts
Thanks.. I will be using this tonight so hopefully there won't be a "how do I remove burn marks from my range hood" thread tomorrow because I have forgotten about it.
05:00pm 20/02/12 Permalink
eski
Perth, Western Australia
686 posts
Too many kitchen devices? Not nearly enough I'd say, I bet y'all don't even have a rice polisher! How you gonna eat unpolished rice?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_polisher
05:03pm 20/02/12 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
2412 posts
Rice cookers are cheap and handy. Saying you can use a pot and stove to cook rice instead of using a rice cooker is like saying you can use the grill to toast bread instead of a toaster.

You can but only if you want to sit there and make sure it doesn't boil over/burn your house down.
05:04pm 20/02/12 Permalink
m3nt4l
Brisbane, Queensland
2462 posts
Add Rice and Milk to a large saucepan. Bring to boil. Put on simmer heat and stir occasionally for twenty minutes. Add sugar. Turn heat up. Bring to boil. Serve.

Or.

(to add a skin)
Turn oven to 150'C. Scatter rice and water in baking dish. Cook till water is absorbed. Add milk and sugar. Bake until thick and creamy (40mins). Sprinkle nutmeg on top. Put back in oven for ten minutes.
05:04pm 20/02/12 Permalink
m3nt4l
Brisbane, Queensland
2463 posts
grill to toast bread instead of a toaster

I often use the grill to make toast instead of the toaster, when its more than two people eating toast. What the hell do you do while it toasting? By the time you sit back down the toast would have popped, so wouldn't you stay in the kitchen anyway?
05:08pm 20/02/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12591 posts
Rice cookers are cheap and handy. Saying you can use a pot and stove to cook rice instead of using a rice cooker is like saying you can use the grill to toast bread instead of a toaster.

no, it's nothing like that
it's like comparing roasting a piece of bread over a fire vs. using a toaster
the piece of bread is the oldest way to toast bread, it works perfectly, but there is better technology now called a toaster

i dunno about you guys but i have way too many useless pieces of equipment in the kitchen that i never use already
i dont need to bring another powered white good into the kitchen to cook rice when an existing pot does the exact same thing, sure it requires 20 seconds extra attention to get it perfect, but that's 20 seconds I didn't have to pull some rice cooker out of the cupboard and find a socket for it
05:20pm 20/02/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9010 posts
I had the best idea tho - power point in the pantry

you're welcome
05:23pm 20/02/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2286 posts
Hey Guys

I know there are a few food buffs on here and thought someone might be able to help. My crappy rice cooker died recently and I am looking to get a better quality one. I have done my research and I am chasing a Tiger JNP-S10U.

I can't seem to find it anywhere to buy it in Australia at the moment. Does anyone know where I might find one? Prefferably in QLD so I could go to a shop and grab it, if not I don't mind ordering it online.

I replied to you request for a better quality one with all the info you need,

fyi, it is a rice cooker, not a car, or a PC, there is f*** all to them

also, tiger is only available in 110volts from what I can see, which not only makes it not the best, but also unobtainable in this country (and it really just looks like a Japanese breville, not at all that great, but good at its job)

does this help you in anyway to come to the realization that my advise was sound,

or maybe you do want the best, then this ika with a larger stir bar (I'd go a X shape)
http://www.ika.com/owa/ika/catalog.product_detail?iProduct=4240400&iCS=1&iProductgroup=188&iSubgroup=1
(you might need some cookware, schott or isolab would be my pick, then again, all that might be a little excess of your needs)
05:26pm 20/02/12 Permalink
orbitor
Brisbane, Queensland
8807 posts
I would use a rice cooker if I ate rice all the time (and thus left the machine on the bench), but if you're only eating it occasionally, the absorption method wins! It's so much easier than most of you guys seem to think. You do this:

1. Put 1 cup rice and ~1.75 cups water in big saucepan.
2. Bring it to boil
3. Cover and turn down to low simmer for ~12 minutes
4. Take it off the heat and let it sit with the cover on for ~10 minutes.

No stirring, no watching, no nothing. This is all you gotta do. Just adjust the water ratio a little or the simmer time if you're finding it cooks not enough or too much for your tastes.

Seriously if you find this difficult, go kill yourself you useless sack of s***!
05:30pm 20/02/12 Permalink
Hemerage
Brisbane, Queensland
15456 posts
Instead of your 4 steps...

1. Put 1 cup rice and ~1.5 cups water in rice cooker.
2. Turn on, wait 15minutes.

I don't get this forum. You should be a lazy sack of bastards trying to do as little as humanly possible -- you are letting the stereotype down.
06:51pm 20/02/12 Permalink
m3nt4l
Brisbane, Queensland
2466 posts
Do you eat rice by itself? I always cook something else which takes about the same as the rice to cook.
06:54pm 20/02/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2290 posts
Instead of your 4 steps...

1. Put 1 cup rice and ~1.5 cups water in rice cooker.
2. Turn on, wait 15minutes.

I don't get this forum. You should be a lazy sack of bastards trying to do as little as humanly possible -- you are letting the stereotype down.

I find noodle box much better, not only do they cook it, they add stuff to it, and stir fry it
06:57pm 20/02/12 Permalink
mission
Brisbane, Queensland
8377 posts
You should be a lazy sack of bastards trying to do as little as humanly possible -- you are letting the stereotype down.

Maybe we are all too lazy to research a rice cooker, then go and buy it, unpack it, dispose of the packaging, find a place to store it, file the receipt for warranty, then use it. Oh and you need a job to afford to buy one in the first place.

So yeah, I think not having a rice cooker is the lazy option :)
06:58pm 20/02/12 Permalink
Hemerage
Brisbane, Queensland
15458 posts
If it's curry or something, I'll usually walk away at the end.

If I use a cooker, I don't have to worry about it running way over and wrecking everything as it turns it's self down to low-temp.

Plus, I'm lazy.
Hell, I can hear it *CLICK* from the other room -- it's like delivery!
06:59pm 20/02/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8342 posts
Do you eat rice by itself? I always cook something else which takes about the same as the rice to cook.

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Alex_Jones_Math-winning.jpg
07:17pm 20/02/12 Permalink
orbitor
Brisbane, Queensland
8808 posts
well it takes no more than a couple of minutes to boil, then you set your oven timer for the 12 minutes and it's done...

I just can't see the point given it's so easy and most people own something called a saucepan, which is all you need. But each to their own!
07:23pm 20/02/12 Permalink
m3nt4l
Brisbane, Queensland
2467 posts
After all that I f***ed up cooking rice this evening.
The soy sauce lid came off while I was pouring, I only like a slight splash of it, instead it drowned :(
07:27pm 20/02/12 Permalink
Hemerage
Brisbane, Queensland
15459 posts
That wouldn't have happened if you had a rice cooker.
07:43pm 20/02/12 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
2413 posts
well it takes no more than a couple of minutes to boil, then you set your oven timer for the 12 minutes and it's done..
Oven timer? Who the f*** knows how that s*** works, are you some kind of witch?

No one is saying absorption method is hard, but you can't just flick a switch and forget it like you can with a cooker. I use every method I can to limit effort in cooking that doesn't affect the quality of the meal and a rice cooker is just one of those simple gadgets that removes a bit of the juggling act of dealing with multiple pots.
07:50pm 20/02/12 Permalink
m3nt4l
Brisbane, Queensland
2469 posts
08:03pm 20/02/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12594 posts
I can see it now

* Plane on a treadmill
* Star Guitar
* Kat.zip
* Pot or Rice cooker

08:15pm 20/02/12 Permalink
XandraX
Brisbane, Queensland
1103 posts
The advantage of a rice cooker is that you turn it on at the start of cooking and it keeps perfectly warm (not burnt) even if you go to use it 2 hours later. The hardest thing about cooking for me is getting the timing right so nothing is cold at the end. Rice cooker takes one element out of that equation.
08:33pm 20/02/12 Permalink
taggs
5930 posts
omfg why would you f*****s use a gps instead of a map book? don't you know that map books are cheaper and do the same thing??? lol if you can't use a map book you should probably kill yourself@!#$@~!@#!
08:40pm 20/02/12 Permalink
m3nt4l
Brisbane, Queensland
2470 posts
I use neither gps nor a referdex, I find where I am going by reading the stars.
08:42pm 20/02/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2297 posts
omfg why would you f*****s use a gps instead of a map book? don't you know that map books are cheaper and do the same thing??? lol if you can't use a map book you should probably kill yourself@!#$@~!@#!

so, i bought my gps for $450 some 6~7 years ago, not only have the maps been updated, it also tells me the current speed i'm traveling at, also, it covers all 7 states, plus the area's that the standard refidex(sp) doesn't cover,

so 7 x $20 per state, plus say, all the rural maps, (also, I have on my current GPS been to all states, but TAS on my one and only GPS) plus, say, the 3 fines I have avoided due to a speedo or three that have been been off in their reading)

and the Bluetooth feature (and therefore easy, and again fine avoiding)

that has paid for itself.

so stupid point!
10:03pm 20/02/12 Permalink
taggs
5931 posts
it also tells me the current speed i'm traveling at

,if, only, there, was,, som,e other d,evice th,,,at did this...,

10:07pm 20/02/12 Permalink
TicMan
Melbourne, Victoria
7742 posts

Add Rice and Milk to a large saucepan. Bring to boil. Put on simmer heat and stir occasionally for twenty minutes. Add sugar. Turn heat up. Bring to boil. Serve.

I'm interested in the milk & sugar bit - have never done it to cook rice, only just boiled it.
10:09pm 20/02/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2298 posts
,if, only, there, was,, som,e other d,evice th,,,at did this...,

there is, however in like the next line or two i mention speedo's that....are ........not.....reading ,,,,,,,, the.........correct....speed

f***wit for not understanding that speedos are a guess at best (tyre pressures, tyre wear, tyre type, air temp, and the other long list of things that change the reading on your speedo, not to mention the FACT!! that is only has to be with-in 10% when new, and most will degree over time, 99% will under read (so tell you that you are doing 100, when you are doing 90) there are some that go the other way (so say you're doing 100, when you are in fact doing 110 or higher) which is why I made my comments like i did

way to show ignorance
10:13pm 20/02/12 Permalink
yeahnuh
Victoria
209 posts
1. put rice in pot. doesn't matter how much
2. fill with cold water, up to the first knuckle of the middle finger
3. bring to boil. boil for 6 mins.
4. stir and sit on stove for 30 mins

perfect
10:19pm 20/02/12 Permalink
taggs
5932 posts
little too hasty in wanting to rip on you for your consistently f*****g atrocious use of commas i suppose.

ah well, i'll just wait for the next copuis gem :)

not to mention the FACT!! that is only has to be with-in 10% when new

nah, wrong.

changed 1 july 2007.

edit: gah, i'll admit my super serial analogy was fairly s*****. HAPPY QGL!?
10:19pm 20/02/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5529 posts
The difference between boiling rice in a pot and boiling rice in a cooker is small.
Extremely small when you compare it to the difference between a paper based map system to a digital one. Let alone the other advantages that a GPS navigation system in a car can bring.
10:23pm 20/02/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2300 posts
little too hasty in wanting to rip on you for your consistently f*****g atrocious use of commas i suppose.

ah well, i'll just wait for the next copius gem :)

so, you feel that a speedo that rely's on the size of the rotation of the wheel, (the tyre, which changes according to tyre pressure and temp, and tyre wear, all that affect the overall size of the tyre, and the size that differs ever so slightly from make to make and you can;t argue and be right) and some gears, or a digital read out that rely's on the information from this every changing size is more accurate that the GPS which is calculated from a (mostly) fixed set of several satellites, then averaged using these reading.

you be wack, and arguing based on the sole fact it was me the brought it up
10:26pm 20/02/12 Permalink
taggs
5933 posts
so, you feel that a speedo that rely's on the size of the rotation of the wheel, (the tyre, which changes according to tyre pressure and temp, and tyre wear, all that affect the overall size of the tyre, and the size that differs ever so slightly from make to make and you can;t argue and be right) and some gears, or a digital read out that rely's on the information from this every changing size is more accurate that the GPS which is calculated from a (mostly) fixed set of several satellites, then averaged using these reading.

huh? can you read?

i admitted that i was too eager to pay you out for your pathetic command of written english to have actually have read your post correctly and so i rather ungraciously conceded the point...

also, jesus f*** is that one single sentence?
10:30pm 20/02/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2301 posts

ah well, i'll just wait for the next copuis gem :)

nah, wrong.

changed 1 july 2007.

so....if the last change to the federal laws was in 2003, (http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2006L01392) it still changed in 07, ok taggs,
10:33pm 20/02/12 Permalink
taggs
5934 posts
woops, looks like it was 2006 not 2007. definitely not 2003.

From 1 July 2006 newly introduced models of a vehicle available on the market must comply with ADR 18/03. Also, from 1 July 2007 any newly manufactured vehicle (excluding mopeds) must comply with this rule.

This new rule requires that the speedo must not indicate a speed less than the vehicle’s true speed or a speed greater than the vehicle’s true speed by an amount more than 10 percent plus 4 km/h.

http://www.racq.com.au/motoring/cars/car_advice/car_fact_sheets/speedo_accuracy

1 FUNCTION AND SCOPE
The function of this national standard is to specify requirements for the provision of speedometers.

2 APPLICABILITY
This national standard applies to the design and construction of LC, LD, LE, all M and N category vehicles from the
dates set out in clauses 2.1, 2.2 and the table below.

2.1 1 July 2006 on all new model vehicles.

2.2 1 July 2007 on all model vehicles.

2.3 For the purposes of clause 2.1 a "new model" is a vehicle model first produced with a 'Date of manufacture' on
or after 1 July 2006

5.3. The speed indicated shall not be less than the true speed of the vehicle. At the test speeds specified in paragraph 5.2.5. above, there shall be the following relationship between the speed displayed (V1 ) and the true speed (V2).
0 ≤ (V1 - V2) ≤ 0.1 V2 + 4 km/h

http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/files/ADR%201803.pdf

probably enough derailing from us now.

edit: oh i see you are obviously talking about when it was passed and i am obviously talking about when it came into effect. semantics are fun.

i admit i have acted rather d***ishly in this thread. lets leave it at that? :)
10:36pm 20/02/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2302 posts
huh? can you read?

i admitted that i was too eager to pay you out for your pathetic command of written english to have actually have read your post correctly and so i rather ungraciously conceded the point...

also, jesus f*** is that one single sentence?

my grasp of grammar is s***house, however the three or so spaces between the lines/paragraphs whatever, should have made that clear.

also, it wasn't clear that you changed your view.
10:37pm 20/02/12 Permalink
mission
Brisbane, Queensland
8378 posts
Only QGL can bring rice cookers and speedometer laws to the one thread.

Go team.
10:38pm 20/02/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2303 posts
ADR rule 18, year 2003
is 18/03

and yes enough derailing
10:39pm 20/02/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12595 posts
what in the actual f*** happened in this thread
11:25pm 20/02/12 Permalink
m3nt4l
Brisbane, Queensland
2476 posts
I don't know, but I'm making rice pudding atm and I was starting a new thread to get recommendations for a doughnut maker, but I hit back by accident while trying to sew up some qgl bedsheets while watching operation repo.
11:27pm 20/02/12 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
12301 posts
Rice pudding is an evil, evil mixture.
11:43pm 20/02/12 Permalink
funky
Brisbane, Queensland
1546 posts
yeah quality derail from taggs and copuis, haha!

i have a yum cha rice cooker (lol) and it is awesome, i love it
11:48pm 20/02/12 Permalink
qmass
Queensland
10303 posts
I swear the rice made in a rice cooker is better than is possible on a stove.
12:08am 21/02/12 Permalink
simul
Brisbane, Queensland
1317 posts
I swear the rice made in a rice cooker is better than is possible on a stove.

Totally agree, although the only rice cookers I've had are rice steamers? Not sure if its the same name or not. Anyway, yet to ever have stove/mw rice thats touched steamed rice, love it!
12:17am 21/02/12 Permalink
Chester
Queensland
40 posts
OK bringing this thread back to where is was....

Used the absorption method last night, was fairly easy as I was cooking chicken at the same time on the stovetop.

Intial thoughts are that is was messier and harder to clean (but not as hard as I expected) and the rice was good but not quite as good as the rice cooker will do accurately everytime. The biggest part was the boiling over as the stove came down from boiling temp to the low temperature, the solution for this would be to have 2 stove top areas going (one high and one low) and move it to the lower one once it is boiling but it means more power and more space that I can't put other things at the same time...

All in all though I have decided to put off buying another rice cooker as this seems easy enough but just needs a little bit more cleaning.
10:23am 21/02/12 Permalink
m3nt4l
Brisbane, Queensland
2479 posts
I also like to steam me veggies over the rice.
10:30am 21/02/12 Permalink
orbitor
Brisbane, Queensland
8809 posts

Intial thoughts are that is was messier and harder to clean (but not as hard as I expected) and the rice was good but not quite as good as the rice cooker will do accurately everytime. The biggest part was the boiling over as the stove came down from boiling temp to the low temperature, the solution for this would be to have 2 stove top areas going (one high and one low) and move it to the lower one once it is boiling but it means more power and more space that I can't put other things at the same time...

Guess you're using an electric stove then as with gas the temp comes down almost immediately. Instead of leaving the pot on, take it off the heat after it boils and then put it back on a few minutes later once your hotplate has cooled a little.
10:52am 21/02/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:52am 21/02/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.