Perhaps the best in the franchise yet, and it wasn't even lead by either of the A or B teams...
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - Our Full Review
The PS5 has landed a couple of timed exclusives so we look at Godfall from New(ish) Kids on the Block, Counterplay.
Godfall Review - Godly Ascension, or a Fall from Grace
We spoke to Lead Combat Designer Tomonori Kinoshita from Bungie to find out a little more about how the fight on Europa will go down.
Destiny 2: Beyond Light - We Chat to Bungie
A must have for the coming zombie apocalypse
Nukleuz
Perth, Western Australia
125 posts
Doublestar showed off their Zombie X Chainsaw Rail Attachment at SHOT Show 2012. It attaches to a Picatinny rail with the power button on the left hand side. It is powered via a battery pack mounted onto the rifles stock. If you look closely at the picture above you can actually see it’s a fully functioning chainsaw. While the Zombie X chainsaw was a project for SHOT, Doublestar may bring it to market.

http://www.armoryblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/shot-show-2012-doublestar-zombie-x-chainsaw-attachment-.jpg

http://www.armoryblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/shot-show-2012-doublestar-zombie-x-chainsaw.jpg

Cheers to Armory Blog.
08:43pm 31/01/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:43pm 31/01/12 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1821 posts
If a zombie heard ever got that close to me for this to be even slightly effective, A bullet to my head it would be.

a singular zombie it would be okay,

Remember, blades don't need reloads.
08:49pm 31/01/12 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
5167 posts
Remember there are a lot more bullets in the world than bodies.

The only game is accuracy.
09:06pm 31/01/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5424 posts
I cant shoot for s***.
But I'm very handy with a Machete, Axe and Brush Cutter.

I know a mate who hunts with a Cross-Bow though (He previously used Bows but had Lymphoma so couldn't draw the bow any more) and he's a crack shot with a gun too... So I would do my best to make my way to him and his guns...
09:14pm 31/01/12 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1822 posts
I cant shoot for s***.
But I'm very handy with a Machete, Axe and Brush Cutter.

I know a mate who hunts with a Cross-Bow though (He previously used Bows but had Lymphoma so couldn't draw the bow any more) and he's a crack shot with a gun too... So I would do my best to make my way to him and his guns...

what if he became some sort of super zombie human hybrid that kept the ability to use weapons
09:17pm 31/01/12 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
5170 posts
This would be just as likely as me obtaining a japanese mobile gundam suit to fight the rest of the horde off.

Actually, thinking about it, considering Yakuza x zombie game, and how many insane versions of dynasty warriors there are, why isn't there a zombie dynasty warriors game?
09:19pm 31/01/12 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1823 posts
This would be just as likely as me obtaining a japanese mobile gundam suit to fight the rest of the horde off.

Actually, thinking about it, considering Yakuza x zombie game, and how many insane versions of dynasty warriors there are, why isn't there a zombie dynasty warriors game?

omg
Zombie Dynasty Gundam Warriors Tri!
09:20pm 31/01/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2133 posts
re-enactor = axes, swords, shields, and all other manner of fun toys that would kill zombies with little hassle
09:21pm 31/01/12 Permalink
casa
Brisbane, Queensland
4439 posts

Needs more Chainswords imo.
09:24pm 31/01/12 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
4019 posts
With that bulls*** on the end of your gun you wouldn't be able to aim for s***, thus allowing zombies to get closer to you.

So you use the chainsaw... which would be both completely ineffective and jam very quickly, and also splatter blood everywhere, probably causing you to get infected. You would be better off with an umbrella.
10:04pm 31/01/12 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1824 posts
With that bulls*** on the end of your gun you wouldn't be able to aim for s***, thus allowing zombies to get closer to you.

So you use the chainsaw... which would be both completely ineffective and jam very quickly, and also splatter blood everywhere, probably causing you to get infected. You would be better off with an umbrella.

Umbrella >Umbrella Corp>Resident Evil>Zombies

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lojul1hoB91qgzuxc.jpg
10:07pm 31/01/12 Permalink
Jim
UK
12612 posts

chainsaws are very effective, and never jam - and you don't get infected from the blood. they do run out of fuel pretty quickly though, and the blood obscures your vision a bit. baddies and bots tend to strafe into your chainsaw a lot too

500 hours of extensive studies in left4dead2 showed me this
10:53pm 31/01/12 Permalink
m3nt4l
Brisbane, Queensland
2198 posts
You would also need an attachment so the blood drains into a jam jar so you can whisk it off to Mr Smith to work on a cure.
10:58pm 31/01/12 Permalink
TufNuT
I like eel pie
Brisbane, Queensland
3756 posts
http://www.gerbergear.com/Apocalypse/Gear/Apocalypse-Kit_30-000601

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3848/apocalypsekitfulljpg.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

7 Apocalypse Survival Tools:
Gator Machete
Camp Axe II
Gator Machete Pro
Parang
LMF II Infantry
DMF Folder
Epic
Durable canvas
Handle for easy transportation
Stud buttons to keep the case rolled up
Reinforced case stitching

last edited by TufNuT at 23:20:04 31/Jan/12
11:15pm 31/01/12 Permalink
mission
Brisbane, Queensland
8305 posts
I'm not convinced that a battery pack strapped to the gun would be sufficient to power the saw in times of heavy zombie attack. A backpack with a larger capacity would be safer and allow for longer zombie cutting times. The battery could also power a flashlight, radio communications and laser site system for the gun.

More development required.
08:07am 01/02/12 Permalink
blahnana
Brisbane, Queensland
736 posts
I think the only reason the survivors in L4D were ok with the zombie blood was that they were immune...

I do bow to your superior amount of L4D playing time though...
10:26am 01/02/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
19780 posts
and you don't get infected from the blood

I know most zombie movies don't, but I reckon you should get infected at least if the blood goes in your mouth/eyes or whatever. Being bitten by teeth seems way less worse than getting infected blood on you. So yeah. I wouldn't want a chainsaw splattering blood all over the place. I'd much rather use a bullet to take them down.
11:27am 01/02/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2134 posts
if you're going to use a chainsaw and a gun, there is already a defined method, or best practice

replace a hand with a chainsaw,

use the other hand to hold a shotgun, or "boomstick"
01:46pm 01/02/12 Permalink
mission
Brisbane, Queensland
8307 posts
01:55pm 01/02/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2135 posts
oh mission you pic is working for me, but i'm guessing you posted an screen shot from evil dead
01:58pm 01/02/12 Permalink
mission
Brisbane, Queensland
8308 posts
Works for me?

And yes to the pic. Ash standing up holding his shotty in the air in one hand and chainsaw by his side in the other hand (after he defeated the monster thing in the hole in the ground in #3)
02:11pm 01/02/12 Permalink
defi
Wynnum, Queensland
2781 posts
Pfft Weapons....Im straight to the Harbor to steal the biggest boat I can find and attach a few smaller boats. Cruise out into the bay, probs Moreton and chill out for the rest of my life.
04:02pm 01/02/12 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
2395 posts
If I were to attach something to the end of a gun, it'd probably be another gun.
05:04pm 01/02/12 Permalink
Mosfx
Gold Coast, Queensland
923 posts
+1 boat idea.

I would just take more guns, if you can carry a chainsaw you can carry more guns & ammo.
06:00pm 01/02/12 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
12460 posts
+1 boat idea.

Yep, deffo - because zombies can't use boats. Too complex.
06:04pm 01/02/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
11785 posts
If I learned anything from Stephen Baxter's Flood its that you can't live on a boat forever.

Island ftw, but you'd probably need to clear it out first.
06:10pm 01/02/12 Permalink
defi
Wynnum, Queensland
2782 posts
Posts: 11785 Location: Cairns, Queensland If I learned anything from Stephen Baxter's Flood its that you can't live on a boat forever. Island ftw, but you'd probably need to clear it out first.
Pfft, I'll take my boat to an Island....Scavenge the Island by day, swim back to the boat by night....aint no swimming zombie out there. The boat I will steal, more like a ship 60 foot +.
06:17pm 01/02/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5428 posts
There are zombie movies where they can cross water/swim.

I cant see any reason why a zombie, driven by impulse to move/eat, couldn't thrash in the water enough to get movement. The Human Body naturally floats and they wouldn't need to breath (?) so I could see them entering the water and swimming if they saw/smelt/heard food.

Remote island is still your best bet though. Far enough away that they wouldn't hear/smell/see you.
12:09pm 02/02/12 Permalink
defi
Wynnum, Queensland
2783 posts
There are plenty of people with brains that cant swim, no way zombies will have the co-ordination. Trashing aint gunna get them no-where, or I will just move the boat further out.
12:15pm 02/02/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5429 posts
Even spastic thrashing gets you moving, it might just take them a while to reach anywhere. If you pick an island with a good current (Tidal or Oceanic) around it, that might sort out the issue for you...
12:22pm 02/02/12 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
4025 posts
Zombies don't drown, they simply wash up wherever the current takes them.
01:33pm 02/02/12 Permalink
Tiny
Brisbane, Queensland
3091 posts
do you guys do any work at work? or just qgl?
01:50pm 02/02/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5433 posts
I was out in the field for 5 hours this morning, got my boots wet as well... stupid swamp.
02:39pm 02/02/12 Permalink
defi
Wynnum, Queensland
2784 posts
Lunchbreaks FTW. Also zombies swimming is still blowing my mind. I guess some people swim before they walk, so therefore Zombies Walking = Zombies swimming. Does the chainsaw come as an underwater model?
02:48pm 02/02/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:09pm 02/02/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.