The Elder Scrolls Online journeys back into Skyrim with the latest Chapter - Greymoor. Where eveything both above and below ground, is not what it seems.
The Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor and the Journey Back to Skyrim
We sit down with members of the development team to talk about the past, present, and future of Hearthstone.
Blizzard on Hearthstone’s Massive Year of the Phoenix
After the excellent Resident Evil 2 remake from last year the third game in the series gets a similarly impressive visual makeover.
Resident Evil 3 Review - Action-Packed Remake Falters
We've taken a stab at our 10 best games to play when in the middle of a crisis. From recent hits to gems we keep coming back to.
The Good Place - Finding Your Videogame Comfort Zone
Support
Roundie
Perth, Western Australia
24 posts
Can someone at Ausgamers please give us some detail on your support hours?

I have had my Procon servers blacklisted since Friday. Got a message it was Queued for whitelisting on sat AM. It's now Monday and it still isn't working.

I'm starting to get the feeling that besides forum replies, not much can get done over the weekend (when our servers are the busiest) or after 6pm weekdays?

I understand your prices are cheaper that most other hosters, and something has to give, but true support past normal business hours may be an expectation from most of your customers.

While I acknowledge the hard work I see on the forums by Malthius and Eorl and I know they do a lot of things out of hours, I can also see a trend in frustration with the level of proper support offered ( things like "nothing can be done until tomorrow, nothing can be done until Monday" kind of scenario's)

Recently a thread got locked I posted in because...well, I don't really know why, but was told to put in a ticket (which I did). The reason I post in the forums, because it seems to be the place we get action. Everything I have posted in the forum got resolved within 24 hours. I put in a ticket, I get a response 20 hrs later, but still no resolution 52 hrs later.

Don't misunderstand, I like dealing with Ausgamers more than I have in the past with Hypernia (and for those of you wanting to go to them, maybe speak to some people who have BF4 servers with them before deciding ;) ) You have to understand, that a lot of us are responsible of managing these servers for our members. (in short, we get as sick of people whining in our ear as much as you do of us)

Surely I can't be alone in feeling like this? Can we please have some clarification on what level of support we can expect?

Roundie
10:35am 11/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:35am 11/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
1030 posts
I'll respond more fully when I have time (Monday mornings are always crazy), but the only issue we can't currently deal with on the weekend is whitelist requests. Otherwise we triage requests outside of business hours - if servers are down or not accepting players we'll jump on it, as we did with the punkbuster updates over the weekend.
11:06am 11/11/13 Permalink
dru80c
Newcastle, New South Wales
21 posts
Come on guys ive been waiting for my 7 servers to get whitelisted for 7 days now.I know the frustration because without layer im stuffed.But i have been patiently waiting.Theres about two guys that do everything server side at ausgamers back at gamearena it was only Malthius so it would be hard for them to keep up with everything especially when the game itself is so new and stuffed on DICE side.Plus ausgamers is new and there trying to start a company.I dont want ausgamers to end up like gamearenea.
Think about the other hosters.Ive been with them all.
Hyperina DDOS every half a hour (this is why our servers have been whitelisted) and servers get moved all the time.
Gameservers useless tech support and servers are lag not frag
Multiplay pay a fortune and dont know crap either plus always stuff up updates.

Theres so much hate in the forums how about a thanks or something.
02:40pm 11/11/13 Permalink
ALFrisbee
Brisbane, Queensland
1 posts
Come on guys ive been waiting for my 7 servers to get whitelisted for 7 days now.I know the frustration because without layer im stuffed.But i have been patiently waiting.Theres about two guys that do everything server side at ausgamers back at gamearena it was only Malthius so it would be hard for them to keep up with everything especially when the game itself is so new and stuffed on DICE side.Plus ausgamers is new and there trying to start a company.I dont want ausgamers to end up like gamearenea. Think about the other hosters.Ive been with them all.Hyperina DDOS every half a hour (this is why our servers have been whitelisted) and servers get moved all the time.Gameservers useless tech support and servers are lag not fragMultiplay pay a fortune and dont know crap either plus always stuff up updates.Theres so much hate in the forums how about a thanks or something.

Hi dru, I've read and re-read your post 3 times, and I'm a tad confused .... are you suggesting that more customers should thank Ausgamers for their efforts & service, or are you suggesting that Ausgamers should thank their customers for their business?

Just in case you intended the former, it seems pretty clear that Roundie was providing some accurate and fair constructive criticism and feedback, whilst still complimenting Ausgamers and some of their staff to a job well done.

To avoid this thread being hijacked and moved into a 'how good/bad is Ausgamers' or similarly useless tangent, it's probably a good idea to keep it on topic and focused on the official services that are supported by Ausgamers, and what hours their customers can expect responses/action for said services.
03:02pm 11/11/13 Permalink
dru80c
22 posts
Ye Roundie said the right thing. Every-one should thank ausgamers.As i want my servers fixed more than any-one but really the forums are not the place half of these questions the ticket system is.I know it takes a long time for a reply.But we have to hang in there.
03:15pm 11/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
1038 posts
I've always felt that I have to be scrupulously honest with you (our customers) customers if we want you to trust me.

Being an RSP, especially for BF3/4, is a complicated business that depends on a lot of different things all working perfectly. When everything works, your players have fun and nobody notices us at all. If one little thing goes wrong, your players get angry, and it is right that you pass that frustration on to us. If we don't admit when we are wrong, why should you trust us when we say that something isn't our fault?

So:

The ProCon whitelisting stuff sucks. Its a giant pain in the ass for everyone. The trouble is that there are too many links in the chain to get the whitelist updated - I don't have direct control over it, and our Operations group don't have direct control over it. I ask the Ops, they pass the request on. That's the sort of thing where delays happen and mistakes are made.

We are working on something today to fix it, hopefully permanently. Not surprisingly, actually fixing this is just as outside my control as the problems it causes, so I can't make any guarantees, but it is in progress.

-----

As for the general "expectations" of support:

Officially (for what that is worth):

We offer support during normal business hours, with a target of one business hour turnaround and a normal worst case of one business day turnaround. Our office is in Brisbane, so it is the business hours in Brisbane. All of our systems are alarmed and failures of critical systems will be responded to 24/7/365.

Reality:

With the launch of BF4, we are generally monitoring support 18 hours a day, 7 days a week (8am - 2am). After 7pm we respond to important issues (players unable to join servers, servers unable to be controlled etc); we may also respond to urgent configuration questions if time permits.

This level of support is not sustainable. As BF4 becomes more stable and the bugs in our own systems are sorted out, we'll scale back to closer to the official support hours, of course with the continued 24/7/365 monitoring, as well as potential for other after-hours support where appropriate.

-----

As for how support is provided:

Another moment of honesty: Our ticketing system sucks. Our support systems generally (ticketing + this forum) are very basic. We are working on implementing a proper support ticket tracking system. Assuming BF4 continues to be more stable, I'd hope to have that ready late this month. For now, we will do the best we can.

This forum isn't meant to be the primary support option - it is meant for general questions that the community might be able to help with. I've seen a few of you helping each-other out, and that is great. Questions that require responses directly from us, for example "whitelist this IP" or "why is my server broken" should go to the contact form (that goes into our ticket system).

-----

We really appreciate everyone's patience while we sort out these issues. We thank you for the criticism as much as the kind words: both are necessary for us to improve. Our focus has been on providing the best BF4 servers possible, now we can build on that by improving everything around that.

If you have any general questions or feedback about support, this is the place for it. Specific questions about ongoing support issues you may have should go in their own thread or via the ticket you've already opened.
04:07pm 11/11/13 Permalink
ALFrisbee
Brisbane, Queensland
2 posts
Nice one Malthius!
A very thorough and informative response, very much appreciated.

Fris.
04:18pm 11/11/13 Permalink
Roundie
Perth, Western Australia
25 posts
Nice one Malthius!A very thorough and informative response, very much appreciated.Fris.

^ +1
04:21pm 11/11/13 Permalink
dru80c
23 posts
+1 well said
05:02pm 11/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
05:02pm 11/11/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.