The Elder Scrolls Online journeys back into Skyrim with the latest Chapter - Greymoor. Where eveything both above and below ground, is not what it seems.
The Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor and the Journey Back to Skyrim
We sit down with members of the development team to talk about the past, present, and future of Hearthstone.
Blizzard on Hearthstone’s Massive Year of the Phoenix
After the excellent Resident Evil 2 remake from last year the third game in the series gets a similarly impressive visual makeover.
Resident Evil 3 Review - Action-Packed Remake Falters
We've taken a stab at our 10 best games to play when in the middle of a crisis. From recent hits to gems we keep coming back to.
The Good Place - Finding Your Videogame Comfort Zone
Commander mode not available.
Terkoz
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
4 posts
Hey guys I have a couple of problems I wouldn't mind some help on. We have a BF server here that is currently running in hardcore mode.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/f0e883cd-790a-4f86-9adc-89294576c49c/MatureAnzacGamers-4-General-HC/

Now for some reason Commanders are not available for this server despite setting it to allow them. I've tried playing with the max player count and the number of spectators but nothing fixes it. Does anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong?

Also Fairfight is showing as off for this server and I can see no options on the configuration page to turn it on. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks in advance.
10:14am 09/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:14am 09/11/13 Permalink
dru80c
Newcastle, New South Wales
16 posts
download procon goto server settings-configuration and you will see commander and fair fight.Tick them and change maps for it to be enabled.Fair fight might not stay on but commander will.
10:22am 09/11/13 Permalink
imminentsoldier
22 posts
vars.commander "true"

if your renting a 32 player server, set max players to 30 to allow room for 2 commanders. set spectators to 0.

should work fine.

edite: read Malthius post regarding fairfight.

http://www.ausgamers.com/forums/gsr/thread.php/3374558
10:46am 09/11/13 Permalink
Terkoz
5 posts
vars.commander "true"if your renting a 32 player server, set max players to 30 to allow room for 2 commanders. set spectators to 0.should work fine.edite: read Malthius post regarding fairfight.http://www.ausgamers.com/forums/gsr/thread.php/3374558

I tried this and it didn't work. Just to be certain that I did it wrong I tried it again with the same result. No commander mode and two less players..

oh and Dru I checked in procon and Commander is selected there as well. It's just not showing up.
12:14pm 09/11/13 Permalink
Terkoz
6 posts
Oh perhaps I should point out that while ranked our server is actually custom rather than blanket Hardcore. We turned the minimap and hit markers back on. Surely this doesn't prevent Commander from working?
12:25pm 09/11/13 Permalink
Terkoz
7 posts
Okay I think I've discovered the problem. I haven't had a chance to test it yet but it appears if you have any maps in the rotation that do not have commanders available it will block them for the entire server.
12:38pm 09/11/13 Permalink
imminentsoldier
23 posts
custom dosnt mater. few of my servers are custom and commander still works fine.

have you also tried setting things in the config' tab "commander allowed"?

other then that. I wouldn't know.

support has been slow from ausgamers. hope they get back on track soon.
12:40pm 09/11/13 Permalink
Roundie
Perth, Western Australia
22 posts
Terkoz is correct. Any maps like TDM that do not support Commander will put the whole server in not allowing Commander mode.

Modes that do not support commander are :

* Domination
* Elimination
* Team Deathmatch
* Squad Deathmatch

Take these out of your rotation and your server should allow Commanders again (as long as you have allowed for 2 commander slots)
01:14pm 09/11/13 Permalink
Terkoz
9 posts
Thanks for the list Roundie. I took those modes out of the rotation and Commander mode came back.
03:33pm 11/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:33pm 11/11/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.