I apologize if there's already something up about this.
But I can't figure out how to make myself admin to the Battlefield 4 server I rented. And if it does it automatically somehow, how do I access administrative control? Again, I apologize if this has already been brought up. I'm just getting frustrated.
Thanks. I'll give it a try. :)
So do i just enter all the info i got from here into procon?
Like my username and stuff? And where do i find the port number again? Haha sorry :(
Oh, and do I need to worry about the whole 'install game to a host' thing?
with procon u only need ip, port and pass
all the details u need is in Server Overview section
server should be auto set up for u just need to config it to ur liking
if u have to much trouble let me no and I pm u my teamspeak detail to help out
I think Igot it sorted but, just can't find the password for it.... :S
Oh never mind I never had one haha
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP MAN!!!!!
YOU ARE A GOD!!!!
How do I use it in game now? haha
How do I use it in game now? haha
You need to setup your plugins for Procon, you also need your Procon name to be the same as your Ingame name.
You will need to turn on Ingame Admin on Plugins page for procon, then you can type commands like @kick @ban #nextlevel
These commands though will only work if your username in Procon is the same as your ingame name as above.
The rest is pretty easy, if you need some help with anything else just post it up.
When you say my procon name, where exactly is that? I'm pretty sure when I signed up I made my username exactly the same. I also have activated the 'ingame admin' and its still not working. :S
Your procon username and Origin username / BF4 ingame name should be the same.
If its not working then you have a setting wrong.
For example when in game:
/@kick playername should kick that player.
/@nextlevel will change level to the next on your maplist, should you only have 1 map in your rotation you will only load the same map again.
Another one to test with is this.
Says [text] for everyone to see from the Server
Requirements: Must hold an account with procon
If its still not working i would talk with your host or read up on the manual a bit.
Okay. So it seems to be working now, although I dont know if it's because I added my Battlefield name to the manage accounts screen, or if its beacuse I restarted procon.
Should I remove my BF4 name from the 'manage accounts' tab and try again to see if its still giving me admin rights?
Okay awesome, now I just need more people playing. Haha.
Thank you guys SOOOOOOO much for your help, I wouldn't have figured it out without yas. :)
where do I put the stuff that comes up in 'Config Generator'?
It says to copy them to /cfg/AdminScripts/startup.txt I just don't know where this location is now. -.-
where do I put the stuff that comes up in 'Config Generator'?It says to copy them to /cfg/AdminScripts/startup.txt I just don't know where this location is now. -.-
I'm just taking a guess here, I could be wrong but I think I know what you might be looking for.
To get to your Server Management page,
- Make sure you are logged in
- In the AusGamers navigation menu, go to Server Rentals > My Servers
- Next to the server you want to configure, click the Manage button.
- You should now see a Game Create window, inside there will be some tabs like Overview, Configuration, Files and so on, you want to click on the Files tab.
- You should find a list of files you can edit, you are looking for %server:port%\admin\startup.txt
- Copy the contents of the existing startup.txt file to your computer as a backup.
- Replace the contents with the ones supplied from your config generator.
- Go back to the Overview tab and restart your server, note that this will kick any players currently on your server.
- If your server fails to start you may have an invalid configuration, replacing it with your backup and restarting again should take it back to the state it was in before.
That's what I'm after. Thanks heaps again guys. :)