The next-generation of videogame graphics will be defined by real-time ray-tracing. From Cyberpunk 2077 to Dying Light 2, we go through the ray-traced games on the horizon.
Real-Time Ray-Tracing and The Next-Gen Games We’ll Play
Hideo Kojima's latest looks wonderful running on a modern PC rig, and it's still as weird and strange and alluring as ever.
Death Stranding on PC - A Stunning Odyssey by the Oddity
From mash-up to sampling to festival culture and dance music, Harmonix’s latest puts player choice and expression front-and-centre.
FUSER - Harmonix Sets its Sights on Festival Lights
The latest June 2020 quarterly update on Diablo IV is a treasure trove of new info, so let’s break it down.
Diablo 4 Update – Open World, Events, Legendary Gear, and More
Admin message issues in-game
Sammy
Newcastle, New South Wales
1 posts
TL;DR When ever we send a message from our rcon layer (http://rconnet.de/) it decides that the first player to connect is the 'admin'

Example: say we wanna do /say server restart in 5 min...and we had players X,Y and Z connect in that order.

It will say ADMIN: X: Server restart in 5 min.

We have tested this with our clan mates, and we know for a fact that they don't gain admin rights.
I am at my wits end trying to fix this, odds are its our rcon but still, anyone else got any ideas?
02:53am 05/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:53am 05/11/13 Permalink
dru80c
6 posts
Im pretty sure this was a dice issue its now fixed.
06:52am 05/11/13 Permalink
Dremark
Sydney, New South Wales
9 posts
Im pretty sure this was a dice issue its now fixed.

Yes,it is a DICE issue. Random player names in admin msg's still showing. (running R6)
09:15am 05/11/13 Permalink
dru80c
7 posts
ye my mistake its still showing.
10:14am 05/11/13 Permalink
Anderz
2 posts
Yes,it is a DICE issue. Random player names in admin msg's still showing. (running R6)

It's not random. I believe it is whoever connects to your server first after a restart. So what you want to do is be the first to connect to the sever once it's restarted so you get assigned ID #1, and then disconnect. I think then no one will be ID #1, and it will not display a player name next to admin messages. If you keep playing as ID #1, it will use your player name, which is at least better than someone elses.
11:02am 05/11/13 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
10623 posts
Thanks for the report on this, we'll have DICE look into the issue.
11:09am 05/11/13 Permalink
Sammy
2 posts
Ah ok, so its not an rcon issue, sweet :)
01:06pm 05/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:06pm 05/11/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.