The Elder Scrolls Online journeys back into Skyrim with the latest Chapter - Greymoor. Where eveything both above and below ground, is not what it seems.
The Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor and the Journey Back to Skyrim
We sit down with members of the development team to talk about the past, present, and future of Hearthstone.
Blizzard on Hearthstone’s Massive Year of the Phoenix
After the excellent Resident Evil 2 remake from last year the third game in the series gets a similarly impressive visual makeover.
Resident Evil 3 Review - Action-Packed Remake Falters
We've taken a stab at our 10 best games to play when in the middle of a crisis. From recent hits to gems we keep coming back to.
The Good Place - Finding Your Videogame Comfort Zone
New server won't restart
Roundie
Perth, Western Australia
11 posts
Hiya, I can't seem to find a ticket system, so I thought I would post it here.

I just purchased a second server from you guys and after setting it up, I cannot restart it. it is stuck in the "Starting" mode.

can you please advise.

Ta

Roundie
12:15am 05/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:15am 05/11/13 Permalink
Anderz
1 posts
Same problem here.
01:05am 05/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
1006 posts
I'm investigating now, I can't see a reason at the moment. It might not be possible to get an answer until the morning.
01:15am 05/11/13 Permalink
Roundie
Perth, Western Australia
14 posts
Second day in two days this has happened. Even though the page said it has never failed, our small server crashed while full and is now stuck in the "starting" cycle.
07:42pm 06/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
1017 posts
If a server is stuck in "starting" it generally means that the server is waiting for GameCreate to do something on the host. This time your server was queued for updating to the new R7. We make it as quick as possible by caching the server files directly on every host before starting the update process, so the actual update for each server takes only a few seconds, but we do the upgrades of each server on a host sequentially, and GameCreate has been set to wait a certain period of time after starting each server. This prevents a bunch of servers starting at once and hurting other server performance.

I'll see if I can shorten the delay time to make the patch process faster.

I'm sorry this isn't clearer or more visible to our users, we are working on a few different things to improve that - both in GameCreate itself and by better communicating when the patches are occurring.
07:48pm 06/11/13 Permalink
Roundie
Perth, Western Australia
15 posts
All good mate. I just wasn't aware R7 was being deployed.

Thanks for the quick reply!
07:55pm 06/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:55pm 06/11/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.