The Elder Scrolls Online journeys back into Skyrim with the latest Chapter - Greymoor. Where eveything both above and below ground, is not what it seems.
The Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor and the Journey Back to Skyrim
We sit down with members of the development team to talk about the past, present, and future of Hearthstone.
Blizzard on Hearthstone’s Massive Year of the Phoenix
After the excellent Resident Evil 2 remake from last year the third game in the series gets a similarly impressive visual makeover.
Resident Evil 3 Review - Action-Packed Remake Falters
We've taken a stab at our 10 best games to play when in the middle of a crisis. From recent hits to gems we keep coming back to.
The Good Place - Finding Your Videogame Comfort Zone
Map choices affecting player numbers.
Terkoz
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
1 posts
There seems to be a discrepancy between the doco and what is actually happening that is driving me crazy. I'm in the process of updating up maplist which is straight forward enough however despite us having a 32 slot server some map choices seem to be setting our server to a lower number of slots. Or at least the server shows up like that in Battlelog.

For example Team deathmatch is shown in some documentation to only be intended for 20 players and when I have a TDM map loaded it then says in Battlelog that the server has a 20 player limit. However I see servers out there running TDM maps with 32 player limits.

So my questions are:

1. How do I add / mix modes/maps and keep the 32 player limit we are paying for?
2. Are some of those modes locked off at those limits?
01:04pm 04/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:04pm 04/11/13 Permalink
Terkoz
2 posts
Also while I have your attention our ausgamers server can no longer be reached by procon. Is this deliberate?

ignore please. After not working for ages started working right after I posted this. :)
01:09pm 04/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
996 posts
If you check the configuration page for your server, you'll find an option near the bottom called "player cap". Set that to whatever you want, and it'll force the server to run that players. (So, change it from "default" to "32", and you'll see your TDM server with 32 players).

I'll probably rename and move that property higher up. In BF3 it was only used to limit the player numbers, but it seems more important in BF4.

Re: Procon: use the support tool to tell me the IP you are connecting from and I'll investigate.
01:14pm 04/11/13 Permalink
Terkoz
3 posts
Thanks Malthius I'll use that control and see what happens.

As to procon it started working again. It decided to make a liar out of me. :)

Nice to see the fast responses btw. And from the look of it Dice are not giving you the full info on how this all works.
01:20pm 04/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
997 posts
I've made the change above - the property is now called "Player Count Lock:" and you'll find it as the first option in detailed game settings.
01:41pm 04/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:41pm 04/11/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.