The Elder Scrolls Online journeys back into Skyrim with the latest Chapter - Greymoor. Where eveything both above and below ground, is not what it seems.
The Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor and the Journey Back to Skyrim
We sit down with members of the development team to talk about the past, present, and future of Hearthstone.
Blizzard on Hearthstone’s Massive Year of the Phoenix
After the excellent Resident Evil 2 remake from last year the third game in the series gets a similarly impressive visual makeover.
Resident Evil 3 Review - Action-Packed Remake Falters
We've taken a stab at our 10 best games to play when in the middle of a crisis. From recent hits to gems we keep coming back to.
The Good Place - Finding Your Videogame Comfort Zone
R6 Patch Released (88058)
MrMickeyG
Melbourne, Victoria
11 posts
Rolled out earlier on i3d.net servers - has worked without a single cras** Now we're talking!
09:50am 04/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:50am 04/11/13 Permalink
Dremark
Sydney, New South Wales
5 posts
Rolled out earlier on i3d.net servers - has worked without a single cras** Now we're talking!

Fingers crossed. Are the reserve slots working now with R6?
10:05am 04/11/13 Permalink
syk3
26 posts
Reports on other websites state still crashing just not as much.
10:08am 04/11/13 Permalink
MrMickeyG
Melbourne, Victoria
12 posts
not sure about reserved slots but server queuing is enabled.
10:12am 04/11/13 Permalink
Dremark
Sydney, New South Wales
6 posts
not sure about reserved slots but server queuing is enabled.

Ah ok,cheers.

Just crashed again....Hope we can get through a full rotation when R6 arrives.
10:21am 04/11/13 Permalink
syk3
28 posts
Does anyone know if Ausgamers has updated yet?
10:35am 04/11/13 Permalink
Dremark
Sydney, New South Wales
7 posts
Does anyone know if Ausgamers has updated yet?

No,im still running R4.

Edit: I have a queue on my server now.

Server seems to have been updated.
10:38am 04/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
988 posts
R6 is now deployed on all servers.
11:17am 04/11/13 Permalink
Dremark
Sydney, New South Wales
8 posts

Cheers Malthius.
11:36am 04/11/13 Permalink
MrMickeyG
Melbourne, Victoria
13 posts

Mine doesn't show any version - i don't think it has been updated.
11:38am 04/11/13 Permalink
SnotGoblin
New Zealand
2 posts
Yes would be handy if you could enable the version somewhere in the control panel. Hard to know what we are on, if we have been updated etc.
11:49am 04/11/13 Permalink
crasht01
Gold Coast, Queensland
1 posts
I think a version number on the control panel would be handy and a notification Link on updates and what they fix or stuff up as well.
12:35pm 04/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
994 posts
I'm seeing the same issue in the servers logs - servers are reporting being on build 0. I've asked DICE for information. I can confirm all our BF4 servers are running the most recent version we were supplied, which they told us is R6.
12:42pm 04/11/13 Permalink
xDs
Sydney, New South Wales
8 posts
Hi Malthius,

Our server is not coming back up after the patch. It said it was running but not showing on Battlelog and procon could not connect. Stopped the server and restarted it and just sits on "starting" status.

Any idea's?
01:01pm 04/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
995 posts
I noticed an issue with the builds we were given. As a precaution I tweaked something and restarted all empty servers. All of the restarted servers will now show the correct build. If your servers aren't showing a build ID and you are concerned, feel free to restart them at your convenience.

xDs: ga0412a was down for an urgent hardware issue, it is back online now and your server is running.
01:04pm 04/11/13 Permalink
xDs
Sydney, New South Wales
9 posts
I noticed an issue with the builds we were given. As a precaution I tweaked something and restarted all empty servers. All of the restarted servers will now show the correct build. If your servers aren't showing a build ID and you are concerned, feel free to restart them at your convenience.xDs: ga0412a was down for an urgent hardware issue, it is back online now and your server is running.

Thanks Malthius. That patche also seems to have fixed the custom/HC issue. Feels like we are getting somewhere eh?

On a side note, the experience with Ausgamers compared to my experience with others has been a breath of fresh air.

Once people understand that 99% of issues are game based upon release, the bettor off we all are. We went through exactly the same with BF3 and it just takes time to iron the bugs out.

Many things can be said about Dice, but they seems to look after PC gamers more than most other companies. I'd rather have downtime to apply 2 patches in a day, that wait a week for one patch.

Thanks again for all of your help so far.
01:46pm 04/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
999 posts
Thanks, I'm glad to help, and AusGamers is aiming to provide the best support possible. We aren't there yet, but we'll keep improving based on everyone's feedback, both good and bad.

The hardcore thing is a bit of a hack actually. From another thread:
I've altered the default pbsv.cfg file for BF4, servers that have the hardcore template applied will now show as hardcore in battlelog, assuming that you've made no changes that override the defaults.

Basically, there is now a pb task that runs as soon as the server starts that sets the hardcore preset. This is necessary because setting it on the command line or the server config file doesn't work at the moment.
02:00pm 04/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
1001 posts
Ok, I appear to be mistaken.

Servers that are still showing a buildID of 0 may not be running the most recent code base. I don't want to shut down any busy servers (and, frankly, if they aren't actually running R6 they'll crash soon enough), but if you are concerned, feel free to restart any server that returns a buildID of 0.
02:45pm 04/11/13 Permalink
MrMickeyG
Melbourne, Victoria
14 posts
still getting crashes - but no where near as often as before..
07:52pm 04/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
1002 posts
From what I can gather, the build ID 0 issue was only cosmetic, which is a relief.

I'll go through the logs in detail tomorrow to work out exactly how stable we are compared to yesterday, but it does appear in the order of 20x more stable (5% of the crash rate of yesterday).
08:37pm 04/11/13 Permalink
Foxhound
Sydney, New South Wales
1 posts
Reserved slots is not enabled and server is still crashing during peak hours.
07:08am 06/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
1013 posts
Yup. Known issue with configs in R6:

reserved slots and other queueing things don't work.
idle timeouts can't be disabled on ranked servers.
11:23am 06/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:23am 06/11/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.