The Elder Scrolls Online journeys back into Skyrim with the latest Chapter - Greymoor. Where eveything both above and below ground, is not what it seems.
The Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor and the Journey Back to Skyrim
We sit down with members of the development team to talk about the past, present, and future of Hearthstone.
Blizzard on Hearthstone’s Massive Year of the Phoenix
After the excellent Resident Evil 2 remake from last year the third game in the series gets a similarly impressive visual makeover.
Resident Evil 3 Review - Action-Packed Remake Falters
We've taken a stab at our 10 best games to play when in the middle of a crisis. From recent hits to gems we keep coming back to.
The Good Place - Finding Your Videogame Comfort Zone
Hardcore rank vs custom
xDs
Sydney, New South Wales
6 posts
I see there are a few servers now that say Hardcore instead of custom. The only difference I can see is tat the Servers marked HC have fairfight turned on?

I can't see an option in the server setting. Is the only way to activate this by editing the startup file?
12:25am 04/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:25am 04/11/13 Permalink
syk3
25 posts
Under
Basic Server Configuration

Choose: Server Preset: Hardcore

In your control panel, only way apart from doing it in Procon layer.

Ofcourse you will need to restart your server and to have it come up HC Ranked you will need to leave all settings stock.

Edit: The only way to turn fairfight on right now is through procon, unsure of any config commands unless Ausgamers wants to add that to the config?
08:38am 04/11/13 Permalink
xDs
Sydney, New South Wales
7 posts
Thank you Syk,

Of course I already have the HC profile activated in the CP. I thought because we are all Server admins in this forum, I wouldn't have to put that in my post.

There are only 5 HC servers listed in Oceania. the only difference, they have Fairfaight turned on. Yes, applying the HC profile gives your Ausgamers server HC settings, but it shows up as Ranked Custom. As do 99% of all other GSP's Servers.

Yes, there is a fairfight tick box in procon, but it doesn't do anything. The box does not stay checked once you tick it.

I would imagine it is a Startup entry. I would prefer an admin to confirm the command rather than to mess around with it, and it not working.
10:13am 04/11/13 Permalink
syk3
27 posts
Thank you Syk,Of course I already have the HC profile activated in the CP. I thought because we are all Server admins in this forum, I wouldn't have to put that in my post.There are only 5 HC servers listed in Oceania. the only difference, they have Fairfaight turned on. Yes, applying the HC profile gives your Ausgamers server HC settings, but it shows up as Ranked Custom. As do 99% of all other GSP's Servers.Yes, there is a fairfight tick box in procon, but it doesn't do anything. The box does not stay checked once you tick it.I would imagine it is a Startup entry. I would prefer an admin to confirm the command rather than to mess around with it, and it not working.

No problems, was not implying that you didnt know how to do it or didnt do it, just anyone else that come here would see that option is there in the CP.

From checking you are right the hardcore comes up under a custom setting mode not sure if it makes the server unranked though, testing it on mine seemed to leave it ranked.

Hopefully one of the admins can confirm the settings
10:34am 04/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
992 posts
Just to confirm: right now hardcore will only show if you run the correct command via rcon after the server has started, then make no other configuration changes via rcon.

I'm going to test something to automate that today, but DICE have confirmed that their priority right now is stability and performance, so we are limited to workaround for a while.
11:23am 04/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
993 posts
Test complete and worked.

I've altered the default pbsv.cfg file for BF4, servers that have the hardcore template applied will now show as hardcore in battlelog, assuming that you've made no changes that override the defaults.
11:34am 04/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:34am 04/11/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.