The next-generation of videogame graphics will be defined by real-time ray-tracing. From Cyberpunk 2077 to Dying Light 2, we go through the ray-traced games on the horizon.
Real-Time Ray-Tracing and The Next-Gen Games We’ll Play
Hideo Kojima's latest looks wonderful running on a modern PC rig, and it's still as weird and strange and alluring as ever.
Death Stranding on PC - A Stunning Odyssey by the Oddity
From mash-up to sampling to festival culture and dance music, Harmonix’s latest puts player choice and expression front-and-centre.
FUSER - Harmonix Sets its Sights on Festival Lights
The latest June 2020 quarterly update on Diablo IV is a treasure trove of new info, so let’s break it down.
Diablo 4 Update – Open World, Events, Legendary Gear, and More
Procon Layer
Adsa
Melbourne, Victoria
31 posts
For those that are keen to get their own Procon Layer set up there are several options available. Until Ausgamers have the option to rent one you could get one from another supplier or create one yourself.

To create one yourself I would suggest renting a VPS from Mammoth VPS and for $10 a month you could have quite a few layers with out any issues at all. I have been running 2 layers with hardly any usage at all. Though I will install Apache, MySQL and set up a stats page once the BF4 stats plugin is converted.

Once you have your vps follow the instructions from https//forum.myrcon.com/showthread.php?4209-HowTo-Run-a-PRoCon-Layer-(1-4-0-6)-with-Linux-mono&highlight=XpKiller

Only thing you will need to install is mono and your set to go.

If this is all to hard then you can pay $ from another supplier, there are some independent suppliers around at competitive prices as well and provide stats collection as well.
04:33pm 03/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:33pm 03/11/13 Permalink
syk3
20 posts
We got ours running on Linux.

Was so easy to do, just takes forever to install mono...

Anyone wants a hand feel free to ask ill be more than happy to assist.
11:53pm 03/11/13 Permalink
Adsa
Melbourne, Victoria
32 posts
I ended up installing whatever I could to get It running

sudo apt-get install mono-runtime

sudo apt-get install monodevelop
06:03am 04/11/13 Permalink
syk3
21 posts
Yep, found it didnt work with versions >2.10 of mono so i manually installed 2.10 myself.

the only real problem i had was getting my startup.sh to run under my user.

The file which has this:
#!/bin/bash
cd /home/xpkiller/PRoCon_1.2.0.0
mono-service2 -l:./proconservice.lock PRoCon.Service.exe

Comes up with mono-service2 command not found, i think i need to install the runtime and dev builds too.

right now though im running it through a screen (not the best option but works)
08:14am 04/11/13 Permalink
Adsa
Melbourne, Victoria
33 posts
Yep screen ftw that's what I ended up doing
08:23am 04/11/13 Permalink
syk3
22 posts
Yea no go on getting it working yet for me, mono is pretty crap as it stands... but it works so that will be good enough.
08:30am 04/11/13 Permalink
Netrosis
Brisbane, Queensland
4 posts
Adsa, in your initial link to forum.myrcon.com the actual link is missing the : in https:// but it's there in the text.

I was looking into this on the weekend but didn't consider hosting it myself. I'll definitely try this out when I get home.
11:43am 04/11/13 Permalink
Adsa
Melbourne, Victoria
34 posts
Thanks Fixed.

As long as you follow the instructions it is pretty straight forward
11:51am 04/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:51am 04/11/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.