The next-generation of videogame graphics will be defined by real-time ray-tracing. From Cyberpunk 2077 to Dying Light 2, we go through the ray-traced games on the horizon.
Real-Time Ray-Tracing and The Next-Gen Games We’ll Play
Hideo Kojima's latest looks wonderful running on a modern PC rig, and it's still as weird and strange and alluring as ever.
Death Stranding on PC - A Stunning Odyssey by the Oddity
From mash-up to sampling to festival culture and dance music, Harmonix’s latest puts player choice and expression front-and-centre.
FUSER - Harmonix Sets its Sights on Festival Lights
The latest June 2020 quarterly update on Diablo IV is a treasure trove of new info, so let’s break it down.
Diablo 4 Update – Open World, Events, Legendary Gear, and More
BF4: Servers not showing as "Normal" or "Hardcore&quo...
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
973 posts
29/10: Please note that there is a bug with either BF4 or Battlelog that prevents servers that are properly configured from showing as "Normal" or "Hardcore" in Battlelog. DICE are aware of the issue and we hope to have a fix soon. I'll update this post with any information.
02:26pm 29/10/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:26pm 29/10/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
976 posts
An update: we've made some changes to the defaults for servers. As long as you've not altered the configuration files directly, any servers will show in battlelog as "normal" after the next restart. If they don't, use the contact form and I'll inspect the server directly.

Hardcore is still waiting on more information / an update from DICE.
07:54pm 30/10/13 Permalink
xDs
Sydney, New South Wales
1 posts
An update: we've made some changes to the defaults for servers. As long as you've not altered the configuration files directly, any servers will show in battlelog as "normal" after the next restart. If they don't, use the contact form and I'll inspect the server directly.Hardcore is still waiting on more information / an update from DICE.

Thanks for that Malthius.

I noticed yesterday that now even picking the HC profile, will still keep the server in Normal mode, with normal settings, even though on the CP page it shows the HC settings, even after multiple restarts. (still shows up as ranked custom as is currently expected).

The only way I could get it on HC settings was to do it on the fly with Procon?

Is this by design?
10:13am 01/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
985 posts
Not so much by design as by nasty workaround. The only way to get a hardcore server working yesterday was actually to set a custom game type.

Today that has changed, but it isn't working for hardcore. I'm waiting for DICE to wake up and tell me what I've done wrong (or confirm it is still their fault).

If you have the "Hardcore" template applied in your server configuration page and have everything set by that template as a default (and don't mess with the config files directly), as soon as I'm told exactly how to get a hardcore server going your server will go hardcore.
05:27pm 01/11/13 Permalink
xDs
Sydney, New South Wales
2 posts
Nothing changes on mine.

Even if I apply the HC profile, and change nothing in config, reboot the server, BL still says "Normal" (not even Custom) and all of the SC settings stay, even though CP says all the "HC" setting have been applied.
05:40pm 01/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
986 posts
Hey,

You've made some changes to your startup.txt file. Whenever you change a file in GameCreate it will no longer pick up any changes made at higher levels (for example, by me at the system level).

You can hit compare on the file to see the changes I've made, including a whole new variable (vars.preset) that was included with the new R3 server release.

You can revert the file to the default to get the changes I've made, or edit your file to match, or ask me to fix it for you. Let me know.
05:57pm 01/11/13 Permalink
xDs
Sydney, New South Wales
3 posts
Hi Malthius,

Thanks for that mate. All good now. Now lets hope Dice can stop the Server crashes!
06:40pm 01/11/13 Permalink
Roundie
Perth, Western Australia
27 posts
Hey,You've made some changes to your startup.txt file. Whenever you change a file in GameCreate it will no longer pick up any changes made at higher levels (for example, by me at the system level).You can hit compare on the file to see the changes I've made, including a whole new variable (vars.preset) .

Hi Malthius,

His this been changed? I can't seem to compare anymore, or reset it to default?

My ticket counts are being reset back to 100% again after each reboot, after it not doing that for a while, was just wanting to see what changes there are to my default config that may be causing this?

Roundie
03:31pm 12/11/13 Permalink
dru80c
Newcastle, New South Wales
25 posts
I think ausgamers done something as mine have gone back to custom after i fixed them to go onto hardcore.You might notice in your config theres a reserved box been added as of last night maybe this is the cause and im not sure if your meant to tick the box or leave it unticked.
03:45pm 12/11/13 Permalink
Roundie
Perth, Western Australia
28 posts
I think ausgamers done something as mine have gone back to custom after i fixed them to go onto hardcore.You might notice in your config theres a reserved box been added as of last night maybe this is the cause and im not sure if your meant to tick the box or leave it unticked.

I can get mine back to HC by restarting the server. As soon as I try and increase the tickets, it goes to Custom again. Just trying to fix it with a plugin for now to run a vars command to keep it in HC.
03:48pm 12/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
1041 posts
I can get mine back to HC by restarting the server. As soon as I try and increase the tickets, it goes to Custom again. Just trying to fix it with a plugin for now to run a vars command to keep it in HC.

I reported this to DICE a few days ago. Normal presets are overriding ticket counts, hardcore presets are lost when changing ticket counts. It is quite a mess, and I'm hoping that they've fixed it in the next release.
03:52pm 12/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
1042 posts
Hi Malthius,His this been changed? I can't seem to compare anymore, or reset it to default?My ticket counts are being reset back to 100% again after each reboot, after it not doing that for a while, was just wanting to see what changes there are to my default config that may be causing this?Roundie

If there is no compare or revert button it means that you are at the default already.

Setting vars.preset normal or vars.preset hardcore is how servers are now set to normal or hardcore in battlelog. This is done at the end of the file so it overrides any conflicting settings - the idea is you can set any crazy thing you like, then do a vars.preset normal/hardcore and it'll fix the config for you (leaving the crazy stuff that is allowed, removing the crazy stuff that isn't).

vars.gameModeCounter should not be affected by normal or hardcore, so calling vars.preset normal/hardcore after this should not change the ticket count. Unfortunately, in R7 it does. If, after the server loads, you change vars.gameModeCounter (like we do by default, see pbsv.cfg for the pb_task that does this):

on a normal server you get a normal server with a different ticket count.
on a hardcore server you get a custom server with a different ticket count.

This is a bug in the R7 server and not something I know how to work around. If you want the servers to show as hardcore, don't change the ticket counts. (Normal servers have the workaround I mention above, so ticket count changes are fine there).
03:59pm 12/11/13 Permalink
Roundie
Perth, Western Australia
29 posts
For those of you that want to keep it in HC or normal with a higher ticket count, without it going to "custom" mode until Dice fix it, you can install this plugin into procon

https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread.php?6662-Simple-Command-Repeater-1-0-0-1-BF3-BF4-MOH-MOHW

Let it repeat the command vars.preset "Hardcore" or vars.preset "Normal" ever few minutes and it will reflect in B'log searches.

Both my servers now say HC with the high ticket count.

Roundie
05:02pm 12/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
1045 posts
Oh, cool, if that works, you can do it with a punkbuster task as well. I might set that as a default, I'm going to assume most people who set the hardcore or normal templates actually want a hardcore or normal server, not a custom server.
05:06pm 12/11/13 Permalink
Roundie
Perth, Western Australia
30 posts
Oh, cool, if that works, you can do it with a punkbuster task as well. I might set that as a default, I'm going to assume most people who set the hardcore or normal templates actually want a hardcore or normal server, not a custom server.

It's working so far Malthius.

You can do it with a pb_sv_task, but does that repeat itself? otherwise, as the map changes, or the mode, wont it just go back to custom?

the plugin (I have it set every 60 sec's, but can prob got every 5 mins or so) repeats it so when it kicks back to custom, this changes it back to HC...I think.
05:13pm 12/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
1046 posts
yeah:

pb_sv_task X Y

X = how many seconds to wait after the server starts before running the command. 0 is fine for instant.
Y = how many seconds to wait after the task was last run before repeating it. -1 disables repeats.

You can get creative by doing something like

pb_sv_task 10 60 "something"
pb_sv_task 20 60 "something else"

that will repeat the two commands every 60 seconds, "something else" running 10 seconds after "something". Good way to spam text at your players if you won't want to pay us for a ProCon layer.

What I'll add to the punkbuster config is:

pb_sv_task 0 600 vars.preset %preset%

and that should sort it.

(I'm lying, I'll wrap it in some if statements, but that's the general idea).
05:31pm 12/11/13 Permalink
Roundie
Perth, Western Australia
31 posts
Nice one. If Dice won't fix it, we will!
05:34pm 12/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
05:34pm 12/11/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.