There’s a great game at the core of Diablo: Immortal.
Diablo: Immortal Review - Sanctuary Lost
DreamHack Melbourne represents the first time the festival will hit our shores, and it’s on track to become Australia’s requisite gaming event of the year.
DreamHack Melbourne 2022 is Going to Be Huge
Thanks to the Bethesda ANZ, we've got an amazing custom The Elder Scrolls Online Xbox Series S console pack to giveaway in Australia!
Win This Amazing Elder Scrolls Online Xbox Series S Pack
Overwatch 2 is launching this October, and with a big reveal stream showcasing what's in store, we break it all down...
Overwatch 2 - Everything You Need To Know
CPL Pacific Wrapup
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
1628 posts
Well, I've just got back from the airport after a long 6 days in Melbourne at the CPL Pacific event.

Just to quickly summarise, the last day was filled with some of the best gaming I've ever seen. Seriously, some of the Q3 duels that were happening were just unbelieeeeeevable. Watching SAS kicking ass and taking names in Counter-Strike was likewise awesome - the atmosphere down there in some of those later games was just intense.

In case you haven't been reading the CPL Pacific webpage, the results were as follows:

Quake 3 Duel Top 5 (full standings:

1) Fatality
2) Elan
3) Python
4) Huma (Limps)
5) Janus

Absolutely MAD PROPS and a huge well done for Queenslander Limps for playing like a demon in his games; he defeated Lobsta in an awesome match on tourney4 just after Lobsta had beated world #2 seed Polosatiy in the same level.

Counter-Strike (full standings):

1) Pantheon
2) DG
3) SAS

Sif Queensland didn't rock the house. Congrats to SAS for playing extremely well in all their matches, including some awesome comebacks and some awesome gameplay.

Congrats and bad luck to mP, the QGL qualifier winners who sent down two teams - mP2 did well throughout the tourney, but mP1 were plagued with bad luck and just other bad stuff which prevented them from really having any chance at competing on an even keel.

I'm sure there will be a lot of slaw following this event, so rather than write up everything here, I think I'll just wait and respond on a per-slaw basis.

In terms of the competitive gameplay, it was top quality; it was awesomely impressive to have the best players from around the world gathered in the same place. There were a few problems, all I'm sure will be covered quite extensively by the extremely loud focus-negative group that was in attendance, which will be fun to deal with. In terms of admin slaw, this was by far the hardest LAN event to organise and manage that any of us have ever done; a huuuuge amount of effort was put in both planning and executing the event and I think its safe to say we're all both mentally and physically exhausted from the last few days.

Overall though, despite a few hiccups, I think the event ran pretty well. Some awesome gameplay, the _best_ network I think anyone has ever seen, the best venue (those databoards owned), and the best players. Props to all from Queensland who made it down there and slapped down those Mexicans (especially those hella lame superclans, muaha). Big well done to Nats and Term for laying down the smack in the CS tourney organisation and to Electoad, Bones and Jim for their immense efforts on making the LAN run smoothly.

Watch this space (and all the other spaces that will have commentary) for more coverage on the event.
04:43pm 02/04/01 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:43pm 02/04/01 Permalink
Cyph
Brisbane, Queensland
397 posts
i only wish i could have been there :(

ahh well, always next year.
04:51pm 02/04/01 Permalink
[mercenary]
Brisbane, Queensland
71 posts
yea.. i wanted to be there :(

wd all qld'ers who went down
05:09pm 02/04/01 Permalink
Raibin'Ka
Brisbane, Queensland
15 posts
MAD!!!!

wish i coulda been there too, i think everyone does...

that q3 dueling woulda been awesome too...

good work SAS on coming 3rd, good to know we qld'ers have talent as well, not just the wannabe try hards in NSW...
05:33pm 02/04/01 Permalink
Scythe1o1
Brisbane, Queensland
130 posts
Great work guys.
05:49pm 02/04/01 Permalink
kusai
Gold Coast, Queensland
3 posts
where can i get limp's demo !!!
ta.
06:20pm 02/04/01 Permalink
Mode2
Sydney, New South Wales
192 posts
what mouse + sensitivity does limpz use?
where can i download his cfg?
06:22pm 02/04/01 Permalink
rza
Brisbane, Queensland
35 posts
what sort of soap does limpz use and where can i get some?
06:26pm 02/04/01 Permalink
^hir0
Brisbane, Queensland
245 posts
<-- uber admin!
07:06pm 02/04/01 Permalink
Rubicon
Gold Coast, Queensland
15 posts
pfft, me and aurora own limps in TENNIS!

THATS RIGHT B****!
7 - 6 TIE BREAK!
mauahahahahha

rematch limps! i wanna broaden the scoreline :)
07:10pm 02/04/01 Permalink
resilient
Brisbane, Queensland
1215 posts
what sort of underwear ?

i heard his key is underwear
07:10pm 02/04/01 Permalink
Jim
Brisbane, Queensland
308 posts
How come no-one's ever asked for my q3 config?
07:15pm 02/04/01 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
600 posts
I guess nobody feels they are worthy of it...
07:23pm 02/04/01 Permalink
Mssiah
Brisbane, Queensland
57 posts
Jim, can I have your q3 config? (there you go.. bet that made you feel all warm and fuzzy).

That said.. well done all! Go SAS.. I was listening to the shoutcast stream the whole day.. well done everyone!

I just hope ill be able to find time (and money) to go to the next one.. in Sydney I heard.
07:27pm 02/04/01 Permalink
DuCKeR
Queensland
55 posts
oi trog....
u didnt enter my scores against fortitude u f**0t
now it says i forfeit to him
GHEY GHEY GHEY

07:36pm 02/04/01 Permalink
cdRegn
Brisbane, Queensland
1812 posts
* N U K E D *
07:37pm 02/04/01 Permalink
trog
Brisbane, Queensland
1638 posts
yes I did
07:53pm 02/04/01 Permalink
CaPt0
Brisbane, Queensland
323 posts
btw CPL admin Sponsors is spelt S-P-O-N-S-O-R-S not sponsers.

who ever was in charge of that data board over near the toilets didn't change it all weekend.

btw

SAS ownzed j00 all

09:36pm 02/04/01 Permalink
Saint
Brisbane, Queensland
471 posts
As the TNN Shoutcast guys would say, Thanks Capt Zero :)
11:08pm 02/04/01 Permalink
Gibbo
Brisbane, Queensland
30 posts
Yes sas owns j00.

unless j00 are in DG...

:)
11:32pm 02/04/01 Permalink
trog
Brisbane, Queensland
1653 posts
don't know if I mentioned this, but SAS kicked ass, especially against those mexican clans
12:12am 03/04/01 Permalink
]-[ITMAN
Brisbane, Queensland
23 posts
Next years event? I mean this show was pretty much run by those dedicated bunch of superheros we all know and love as the QGL admin... [I mean that in all sincerity too]

You guys definately worked harder and longer to put on something world class and deserve a bunch of credit for this stuff. Hell it wasn't *that* long ago on the old QQL spam list, that this stuff would finally happen, big awesome lans, world class players, big $ sponcers... back then it seemed impossible.

So wouldn't it be even better for next years event to be held up here, in Gods own back yard? Sif Queensland isn't the centre of the gaming universe in OZ, making and playing them and running big ass lans with them...

Just a thought...

08:27am 03/04/01 Permalink
giririsss
Brisbane, Queensland
275 posts
i thnik one of teh bes things that came out of it was that we showed the world that we have a whole heap of talent down here.

and who's glad mirage didn't come ? ME ME ME!!!

but also ti showed alot of the res of aus that up here in qld we ahve some fo aus's ebs gaming talent. wih limpz 4th karma top 10 ?? SAS 3rd.

and that was against the best.
08:40am 03/04/01 Permalink
CaPt0
Brisbane, Queensland
325 posts
hehe thanx saint, at least they know how to say my name.
10:29am 03/04/01 Permalink
VRBones
Brisbane, Queensland
458 posts
who ever was in charge of that data board over near the toilets didn't change it all weekend.

Yeah, we all picked it up on the Thursday while setting up, but I think it got overlooked when the LAN started. At least the awesome spelling mistaekes on the marquee above the bar were fixed. (Especially Guillemot spelt "Guillenot" ;)
11:20am 03/04/01 Permalink
CaPt0
Brisbane, Queensland
326 posts
hehe, ahhh well it was a "design feature" of cpl
11:32am 03/04/01 Permalink
Toll Booth Willy
Brisbane, Queensland
45 posts
Ummm, you guys fogot to mention that mP Also kicked arse..

mP2 had to fight thier way into the to top 16 from the bottom, and they did it too.

And dont forget that mP had a lot to do with giving SAS a helping hand in their 3rd place. We provided much moral support and technical advice :)

hehe, EVERY Queensland clan that was at CPL-P made it into the top 16 proving that Queenslanders ROCK
01:18pm 03/04/01 Permalink
trog
Brisbane, Queensland
1656 posts
Congrats and bad luck to mP, the QGL qualifier winners who sent down two teams - mP2 did well throughout the tourney
I didn't forget :P
03:17pm 03/04/01 Permalink
Toll Booth Willy
Brisbane, Queensland
58 posts
SSShhh, your not ment point out my selective reading habits :)
03:32pm 03/04/01 Permalink
Toll Booth Willy
Brisbane, Queensland
59 posts
I mean, if we all read everything, how are we ment to slaw each other :D
03:33pm 03/04/01 Permalink
Sprinkles
Brisbane, Queensland
607 posts
We would have never have made it as far as we did without the great help and advice offered to us by both MP squads. Thanx a lot guys you are champs!
05:48pm 03/04/01 Permalink
DeePer
Brisbane, Queensland
668 posts
Shutup sprinks ya f***** :P
08:18am 05/04/01 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:18am 05/04/01 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.