You could almost make a case for this announcement timing itself perfectly given we're basically in the domestic off-season for cricket. And with a June release window, it gives cricket fans plenty to salivate over before it's bowled into our lives, let's just hope its pitch is a bit less wonky than what the Aussies faced earlier this year on the subcontinent.
Unfortunately this announcement came with no trailer, but it does have the tag of being a cricket game wih the most licenses of any ever.
Here's some official info:
Cricket 24 reimagines and enhances the much loved Cricket 22 to include teams from every corner of the globe, creating the most complete video game simulation of cricket seen to date.
From the cover through to each immersive game mode in Cricket 24, Big Ant Studios continue their commitment to equality and equal representation with both the Men’s and Women’s cricket having equal representation throughout.
Building the most realistic cricket game ever!
- The Ashes; Cricket 24 will feature the biggest rivalry in cricket, The Ashes. Detailed cutscenes put the user into the moment as the Ashes tour progresses. Feel a part of the team with press conferences and team training sessions. Unique commentary allows for complete Ashes immersion. Experience The Ashes playing as a single player, or as Australia or England.
- Official Licenses; Over 200 players with full photogrammetry. Major Cricket Nations including Australia, England, West Indies, New Zealand and Ireland with more to be announced. The biggest tournaments including The Ashes, the KFC BBL and Weber WBBL, The Hundred, the Caribbean Premier League plus a number of “to be announced” professional Indian T20 teams, along with more than 50 highly detailed official stadiums.
- Career Mode; Follow the journey of your player from club cricketer to the international stage, developing your skills and growing your fan base as you hone your craft to become the next big thing in cricket. Cricket 24 gives more control to the player in determining their destiny, becoming a short-form hero, focusing on the Test team, or trying to balance both on your way to cricketing stardom.
- All new fielding; A complete overhaul of the fielding systems to provide the most realistic and responsive fielding controls ever seen in a cricket video game.
- Cross Platform; Fully cross platform, play online against your friends and the world’s best players regardless of platform. Create and share custom content across different platforms including stadiums, players, teams and more with the academy.
- Pro Team; Collect player cards and build your cricket dream team. Take on weekly challenges in single player game play, or go online against the world. Join with your friends to compete at teambuilding in The Auction mode.
It does sound like a great iteration on paper, but so does the Aussie team half the time with selectors more often than not making a meal os it all. Still, Big Ant
has a proven record with its cricket outings, so we're optimistic this one will be a straight ball delivery.
June 2023 is the only window we know of for the game, but stay tuned fore more as we have it.